PDA

View Full Version : Remeber Christmas and the TSUNAMI

bing
December 25th, 2009, 22:13
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas, and also have in mind that it is about the time when the Tsunami hit Phuket some time ago. Whatever your belief system, be good and enjoy this season.

ThaiFan
January 2nd, 2010, 19:28
I wanted to wish you all a Happy Christmas, and also have in mind that it is about the time when the Tsunami hit Phuket some time ago. Whatever your belief system, be good and enjoy this season.

On New Year's eve, I was watching the countdown festivities on TV, and my friends commented on the huge crowds thronging the Central World Plaza area, just in front of the Arnoma hotel and Gaysorn. We immediately thought about what happens if you need to go to the loo in such a crowd, what if you feel sick, etc. But we suddenly realised everyone seemed to have forgotten the bombs that went off in the same area a few years ago before the coup. We're glad the next day to read in the papers nothing bad has happened, but when I read your message I thought to pen down my thoughts here as its quite easy to forget the bad past. Let's remember history so that we won't repeat, or can prevent it from happening again.

Happy New Year all! :king: :alc: :occasion9: