PDA

View Full Version : Transiting at Bangkok Airport, fitness ? massage ?

kuku-old
December 18th, 2009, 11:31
Hello ! On my way back to Europe from Vietnam, I will arrive at BKK-Airport at 11am and leaving at around 1130pm. Would love to do some fitness at a gym, get a relaxing massage and enjoy a last asian meal. Any infos for in or around the airport ? or should I take a cab and go downtown ? if yes, where downtown ? Thank you in advance for names and addresses as well as the results of previous experiences. Wish you all a great day ! K.

allieb
December 18th, 2009, 12:30
Hello ! On my way back to Europe from Vietnam, I will arrive at BKK-Airport at 11am and leaving at around 1130pm. Would love to do some fitness at a gym, get a relaxing massage and enjoy a last asian meal. Any infos for in or around the airport ? or should I take a cab and go downtown ? if yes, where downtown ? Thank you in advance for names and addresses as well as the results of previous experiences. Wish you all a great day ! K.

Youv'e got 12 hours, get a taxi downtown and go to Babylon. Everything you want is there including the meal

blueboy
December 18th, 2009, 16:24
Why would anyone even think of spending a few hours in Bangkok Airport. For one do not shop at any of the King Power outlets otherwise your transit time may take a little longer!
Get downtown to Silom, enjoy any of the massages parlours, have a nice meal, go to the movies at Siam Paragon or as per previous poster go to Babylon. 12 hours in Bangkok can just be amazing!

kuku-old
January 2nd, 2010, 00:04
Thank you guys, do appreciate your help. Will definitely take a cab to go downtown. Happy New Year ! K.

Beachlover
January 2nd, 2010, 06:12
Soon as you're out of immigration, grab a cab downtown. Takes about 45 minutes. You should have about 8-10 hrs before you need to head back.