PDA

View Full Version : "Honest" mistakes on bar drink charges?

December 15th, 2009, 14:00
I am in my dream la-la-land of pattaya now. everything is great but i have difficulties picking the right boy or even knowing what i really like. :happy7: don't mind trying them on one by one though. :sex:

one observation though: when you are having a good time and ordering rounds of drinks for everybody, when it's time to pay the total doesnt always add up. at least not during my visits to the 4 go-go-bars in sunee plaza. the funny thing is, if they decide to con their customers, i think they should have the courtesy to insert one or two ghost-bills to make the numbers right. writing a random number on the back while leaving a different grand total is simply....too thai i suppose? of cos whenever i point it out i get a lot of wai and smiles and apologizing. dont dare to go back though, worrying what they might put in my drink the next time. haha. hasnt stopped me from coming back to pattaya. already planning my next trip already!

Patexpat
December 15th, 2009, 14:17
Never understand why bar owners don't install computerised POS systems to do away with all these shenanigans ....

gerefan2
December 15th, 2009, 17:18
Bastards are always doing it, especially if the bill is over 1000Bt. Two easy moves...
1. Pay per round.
2. Only use 500 Bt notes (avoids the 1000Bt note scam..)
G2

thrillbill
December 15th, 2009, 17:29
....I don't buy rounds of drinks for everyone since I am with my Thai BF but one thing that happens quite often is when I order another drink (1) and am down to my 1000 notes. I pay with that and it can take the waiter 30 minutes or more to return the change. Once in GOD I never found the waiter (you also need to look at his number or name tag) and then hunted down the so called manager that was sitting outside. He couldn't have cared less. When I stomped back into the club, a miracle appeared and the waiter appeared. I no longer will give a waiter 1000 baht note, I'll go to the bar to save time. Yes, I try to go to any club with 100's.

December 15th, 2009, 17:36
Never understand why bar owners don't install computerised POS systems to do away with all these shenanigans ....

You're joking - right?

Some don't even have a flush toilet.

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

colmx
December 16th, 2009, 03:11
Most of the Sunnee bars seem to have computerised POS systems these days... certainly more Sopisticated than the Pattayaland/Boyztown bars...

I like Dave Man Clubs POS system best... each time you sign for a new bill a running total of the full bin is on the bill... a great way of knowing how soon the money will run out! :alc: :alc: :alc:

December 16th, 2009, 06:57
....Sunnee bars ... certainly more Sopisticated than the Pattayaland/Boyztown bars...

Colmx I think you ought to get a special award for being the first person ever to use the words "Sunnee" and "sophisticated" in the same sentence!!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

December 16th, 2009, 11:36
I NEVER give my bill to a waiter to pay. I go the cashier, give him the money for the bill and the tip and make sure the tip goes into the general tip jar and not into his pocket.

Sen Yai
December 16th, 2009, 14:40
I NEVER give my bill to a waiter to pay. I go the cashier, give him the money for the bill and the tip and make sure the tip goes into the general tip jar and not into his pocket.

I ALWAYS give my bill to a waiter to pay. I leave a tip for the general tip jar and, if appropriate, another tip for his pocket. Everyone is different.

when you are having a good time and ordering rounds of drinks for everybody, when it's time to pay the total doesnt always add up. ..... writing a random number on the back while leaving a different grand total is simply....too thai i suppose?

The correct total is necessary for accounting purposes. Rounding up the figure presented to you to include a tip seems OK if you are so jai dee that you have been "having a good time and ordering rounds of drinks for everybody" Very Thai indeed.

December 17th, 2009, 21:55

The bars must be even emptier than I thought - in the "good old days" when bars were busy getting through the crowd sitting around the bar would have been next to impossible, and pushing your way through just to pay your bill would have been seen by the staff and the other customers alike as eccentric at best. Maybe thaibob is thinking of Swensens .....

December 18th, 2009, 00:57
The correct total is necessary for accounting purposes. Rounding up the figure presented to you to include a tip seems OK if you are so jai dee that you have been "having a good time and ordering rounds of drinks for everybody" Very Thai indeed.

left the kingdom this morning and boy i miss the sun and the boys already. so the aggregated/inflated amount on the bill is the actual total plus the tip the cashier feels justified? haha...that's a very funny way to put it.