PDA

View Full Version : I am a Thai guy, are there any members here in the U.S.A

December 14th, 2009, 15:54
I am a Thai guy, and I am going to the States next month around 25th January. I will start with Las Vegas first because I have a Thai friend over there. Then I' ll see what I will do next.

I am wondering if someone can recommend me the places where they like asian guys. Maybe, some other websites that I can find farang who likes to have asian friends when I get over there. If you are in the States and would like to meet me for a cup of coffee, please be my guest.

About me, I am 29 years old slim and good looking ( I think so, and I have been told so). Nothing serious, I just want to have a good time in the States. I am very....... very.......... excited about this trip.

Sorry, if I post in the wrong website, but I don't know where to start.

Sincerely

bing
December 14th, 2009, 17:35
As long as you are in the West Coast area, you might like to stop at Palms Springs. There is a large gay society and you would be very popular at www.CCBC.com (http://www.CCBC.com) (Cathedral City Boys Club). Very clothing optional place. I was there with some Philipino guys and they were hit on by the patrons.

December 14th, 2009, 17:45
As long as you are in the West Coast area, you might like to stop at Palms Springs. There is a large gay society and you would be very popular at http://www.CCBC.com (Cathedral City Boys Club). Very clothing optional place. I was there with some Philipino guys and they were hit on by the patrons.

Your link leads to Canada China Business Council - no sign of any Boys Clubs, more's the pity.

:hello2: :hello2:

krobbie
December 15th, 2009, 00:18
Maybe this can help.

http://www.pridenation.com/ccbc/

Note: Why don't you put up a profile on Gay Romeo? I would suggest that this is a good way to meet friends online in any country you wish to travel in. You can let people know that you will be in there city and see where things go from there. People can also see that you are a traveler as there is a special column. I am sure this is your best bet.

http://www.gayromeo.com/

Good luck Note and have a ball,
krobbie

bucknaway
December 15th, 2009, 03:01
Here in the USA, most of the popular introduction sites are

www.adam4adam.com (http://www.adam4adam.com) (Very Popular)
www.gayromeo.com (http://www.gayromeo.com)
www.men4now.com (http://www.men4now.com)
and
www.men4sexnow.com (http://www.men4sexnow.com)

If you like to chat online then use www.AOL.com (http://www.AOL.com) and go into some of the gay chat area's that list the city that you are in or visiting.
You can also use gay.com and it helps to have a yahoo or MSN chat account.

December 15th, 2009, 06:12
Is it only me or do others too find the original post rather strange? It doesn't sound like any real Thai speaking, even those who have college education and who are reasonably fluent in English, e.g. a young business manager.

For example, I noticed the following:

1. The original poster refers to the destination country as "the States". How many Thais do that?

2. In the title, he asks: "are there any members HERE in the U.S.A"? Why does he use "here" when he is not yet in America?

3. Other than the above, grammar and syntax are better than any Thai I've seen save Cambridge-educated Abhisit himself. Notice the confident use of "I am wondering if", "would like to meet" and "please be my guest". Do Thais brandish phrases like those?

cdnmatt
December 15th, 2009, 06:20
e.g. a young business manager.

29 isn't very young.

1. The original poster refers to the destination country as "the States". How many Thais do that?

So? Not all Thais are sheltered like the Issan farmers. Who knows, maybe he even went to school with white people! *gasp*

2. In the title, he asks: "are there any members HERE in the U.S.A"? Why does he use "here" when he is not yet in America?

"HERE" as in the board, SGT.

3. Other than the above, grammar and syntax are better than any Thai I've seen save Cambridge-educated Abhisit himself. Notice the confident use of "I am wondering if", "would like to meet" and "please be my guest". Do Thais brandish phrases like those?

What are so uncommon about those phrases? No, the 19yo go-go boys don't generally use phrases like that, but no reason a university educated 29yo wouldn't. Or if you want to pick his post apart word by word, I'd say if anything, it proves his native language isn't English. For example, phrases like "please be my guest" in the context it was used, or "sorry, if I post in the wrong website", and a couple others.

December 15th, 2009, 07:17
Cambridge-educated Abhisit

St John's College, Oxford actually

Surfcrest
December 15th, 2009, 07:23
Is it only me or do others too find the original post rather strange? It doesn't sound like any real Thai speaking, even those who have college education and who are reasonably fluent in English, e.g. a young business manager.

You are absolutely right, using the "subjunctive' would probably be one of the last grammar lessons learned for a language student.
If you speak only one language, you might not notice what macaroni21 noticed. I agree, it does sound strange.

Smiles
December 15th, 2009, 09:13
'Kind' of agree. I don't know very many Thais who refer to the United States as "the States" ... or for that matter, even the 'United States'.
Every Thai who I've ever heard mention that country (including quite a number who speak excellent English) have used the word "America".

But who knows on message boards? Perhaps he was originally educated as a young boy in a regular public school in the US or Canada, then the family moved back to Thailand, now he wants to visit N America again. That would be pretty well the only way he'd be gettin' subjunctive ... (which is by the way a grammatical rule which I'd totally forgotten the meaning of).

lonelywombat
December 15th, 2009, 09:48
'Kind' of agree. I don't know very many Thais who refer to the United States as "the States" ... or for that matter, even the 'United States'.
Every Thai who I've ever heard mention that country (including quite a number who speak excellent English) have used the word "America".

But who knows on message boards? Perhaps he was originally educated as a young boy in a regular public school in the US or Canada, then the family moved back to Thailand, now he wants to visit N America again. That would be pretty well the only way he'd be gettin' subjunctive ... (which is by the way a grammatical rule which I'd totally forgotten the meaning of).

In Australia "the States" is just as often used as is US or America. Wherever he was educated or lived would have an impact. Smiles you are Canadian and no one there refers to the States?

Thais educated in Thailand, US or Canada might just be different, from those elsewhere.

December 15th, 2009, 15:51
Where is the subjunctive in the original post? There is a use of the conditional tense ('would like'...) but everything appears to be in the indicative mood.

December 15th, 2009, 19:49
Thanks to bing , krobbie, bucknaway. I find your links are very helpful.

I used to stydy in England and the States before. In the States, I had to past Toefl including essay. I haven't written in English for quite awhile, and I was afraid that I couldn't use correct grammar. By reading macaroni21 's post, I will have to assume that my English writing is still o.k. I took that as a big............big compliment. Even though , I really think my English writing is a bit rusty now. You really put a big smile on my face and made my day.

About the word " the States" I was once told by a Canadian lady please use this word instead of America. Canada is part of North America, so she said the States is more appropriate word to be used when I refer to the United States of America.

To cdnmatt, you are quite right about me.

I was born in Thailand by Chinese-Thai parents ,and English is not my first language.

Thanks to you guys once again

Sorry if I caused any confusion to anyone.

Have a nice day

December 15th, 2009, 20:55
note,

This is a blog that has been contaminated by many with cynical analytical skills because of pedantic members (GF, DH and others) who seem to revel in showing off their know it all perspectives. You asked a simple question, one I found authentic (and one I'll be lashed for I'm sure), and instead of dealing with the substance of your submission it was easier to pick holes in it.

My first advice is to simply locate the best gay friendly bars and websites that suit your tastes. My second is to anticipate a cornucopia of repressed gay dynamics in your dealings with Americans. Their puritanical hang ups and downsides are not worth the trouble to navigate and deal with. I can't imagine a worse culture for a Thai to immerse themselves into. Surfcrest in the Vancouver area, mlomker and cdnmatt can probably give you the best advice.

Just ignore the ones pissing themselves over the fact that a Thai can actually pick up on English nuances such as 'the States'. Boy, it is a supremely BRITISH monicker for the US and I've used it numerous times with Thais- though I do agree that America is the term that illicits the most recognition with the Thais I encounter.

Have a good trip and I hope the posters on this thread haven't soured you on your travel plans.

December 15th, 2009, 23:42
Khun Note,

Do as jacklipton says - ignore the posters who have nothing better to do than analyzing (=attacking), every time they get the chance.

Bon voyage & choke dee, na.

December 15th, 2009, 23:54
"note,

This is" not" a blog" - its a forum.

Anyone who takes everything posters say about themselves here entirely at face value is as stupid as someone who makes the only negative comment on the visit, saying that he "can't imagine a worse culture for a Thai to immerse themselves into", yet hopes that "the posters on this thread haven't soured you on your travel plans."

cdnmatt
December 16th, 2009, 00:19
Surfcrest in the Vancouver area, mlomker and cdnmatt can probably give you the best advice.

Unfortunately, nope. Been to California many times, but was always for business, and never checked out the gay scene at all.

Vancouver's gay scene is horrible though, and wouldn't recommend it. If you can manage a trip to Montreal, Canada, they have an excellent gay scene. By far the best in Canada, thanks to the liberal leaning population over there in Quebec. :-) I've loved Montreal everytime I was there though, and getting around downtown with just English is no problem.

Smiles
December 16th, 2009, 08:48

In Australia "the States" is just as often used as is US or America. Wherever he was educated or lived would have an impact. Smiles you are Canadian and no one there refers to the States?

Thais educated in Thailand, US or Canada might just be different, from those elsewhere.
Wombat, do you ever get anything right? If you'd actually read my post you've quoted with a little care (though I can see that's a real stretch) you just might see (another stretch) that I said exactly the same thing as you are saying.

lonelywombat
December 16th, 2009, 12:03

Wombat, do you ever get anything right? If you'd actually read my post you've quoted with a little care (though I can see that's a real stretch) you just might see (another stretch) that I said exactly the same thing as you are saying.

If You had read my post Smiles, you might have gleaned I was not talking about anybody that went to a US or Canada public school. If he had been to say an Australian or New Zealand school and it is a chance, the term "States" is often used. I dont know about Old Blighty but I doubt that America is their first choice.

Do you really mean that in Canada the term "States "is not used by anyone?????

giggsy
December 16th, 2009, 12:54
We in Blighty say "AMERICA" its all the same to us, north america, south american they are all gun toting war mongers. The only time we use the word "state" is when we say thats another fine state the states have got us in.

ps been up all night playing on line poker..those americans are soooo rude and don't like losing... :violent1:

December 19th, 2009, 18:40
......By reading macaroni21 's post, I will have to assume that my English writing is still o.k. I took that as a big............big compliment. Even though , I really think my English writing is a bit rusty now. You really put a big smile on my face and made my day.....Sorry if I caused any confusion to anyone.

Cannot be more gracious than this. I think you have shown us all what a Thai guy -- or gentleman -- ought to be. I think we have been too naive to believe a thai guy means the crazy-clueless-20 Baht sniffing-18yr-go-go-boys we see at sunnee. Have a great stay in the States! (yes English is my second language and I too refer USA at the "States").

yedo111
December 20th, 2009, 08:04
We need more educated Thais on this forum .

Have a safe trip !