PDA

View Full Version : Le Meridien Hotel Bangkok

sydneyboy
December 13th, 2009, 05:09
Has anyone stayed at this hotel? I am referring to the (relatively) new Le Meridien in Surawong across the road from the Tarntawan. If so, what has been their policy on guests to rooms? Any other comments about the place welcome.

fedssocr
December 13th, 2009, 05:55
Hasn't this come up here before?

I stayed there at the end of October for a couple of nights. I can't answer your question about unregistered guests, but my guess is that as long as he (and you) is dressed properly no one will raise an eyebrow.

Ultimately while I thought it was a nice enough place it is quite overpriced and you will also pay for an internet connection if that matters to you...unless you are a Starwood platinum in which case that is a perq you get for free. The breakfast buffet is quite good with lots of variety. If you get a really special rate or have a whole lot of SPG points to cash in it is probably worthwhile. The location is excellent for the bars and a relatively short walk to the BTS and MRT. I thought my room which was one of the basic, least expensive rooms was on the small side for this class of hotel. There are much better values in the general neighborhood where I will continue to stay instead.

sydneyboy
December 16th, 2009, 23:53
Thank you. Any other people who have stayed there?

krobbie
December 17th, 2009, 00:02
If I were you I would simply send an email and ask what their policy is on joiners. If you pay for a double room then I can't see the problem. If you are up front in the beginning and get something in writing, then they can stare and tut tut all they want.

Have you booked already? If not you have a bargaining chip in the joiners if you have already booked then just send a message to the management. No harm, no foul.

As the other poster says, the position on Suriwongse Road is fantastic./ I stayed at the old hotel behing the Meridian a few years ago called The Rose Hotel and it was a great introduction to Bangkok being so close to all the nightlife and also only very little distance to Sala Daeng BTS station.

Choc de, na,
krobbie

CHAOTOU
December 17th, 2009, 12:50
The Rose Hotel is still there and behind the Meridian. I'm sure it's far cheaper, been remodeled and there is no fee for joiners. Remodeled or not, I am sure it is not as nice as the Meridian, if that's what's most important.