PDA

View Full Version : HAPPY NEW YEAR with the Pattaya Street Kids' Support Project

Dick
December 6th, 2009, 21:01
HAPPY NEW YEAR with the Pattaya Street KidsтАЩ Support Project

Readers of Gay Tingtong Forum and those who have visited The Venue in Jomtien will be aware of the appeal to raise funds through the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project for the kids at the Huay Pong childrens home just outside Pattaya. The funds raised will be used exclusively to provide much need bedding, clothing, and sports equipment which the home has specifically requested. I do not wish to detract from that as these are much needed items.

But there is another appeal that goes out this time of year for funding to enable the childrens' New Year parties organised by PSKSP to take place. This benefits not only the 300 kids at the Huay Pong home, but another 400 kids from the slums within Pattaya plus the students in the Projects sponsorship programme. It only costs ┬г2.50 (less than $4) to sponsor one child at these parties and in previous years donations from Board members have enabled many children to have a great day out. Please read the following link: http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/2010-new-year-parties-appeal.html. Donations can be made by Paypal or credit card, or those in the UK can mail a cheque.

If you are able please enable a couple of kids who would not otherwsie be able to attend the party and make one day in their year special for them.

bao-bao
December 6th, 2009, 21:18
I second the suggestion.

It was Dick's post a few years ago that sparked my interest in the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project so I took a chance and donated money for the New Year party.

After doing some research to feel confident they are sincere in their efforts (they are) and don't drain anything other than the most minimal of "administrative costs" to keep the organization going (they don't) I jumped into sponsoring students there with no hesitation - and certainly no regrets.

If you're in the Kingdom, drop by The Venue or Memories and put the cost of one drink into the collection can there. You'll never miss it, and a child will remember the day for a long time. If you're anywhere else on the globe, check the link below and consider making a donation there.

http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/ ... ppeal.html (http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/2010-new-year-parties-appeal.html)

bao-bao
December 7th, 2009, 21:39
As Dick was kind enough to point out to me: the collection boxes at the Venue and Memory are for the Huay Pong orphanage itself. Most likely a worthy cause in and of itself, but something I know nothing about personally.

My post was in support of the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project, which I have done research on, vouch for and donate to in support of a handful of students there.

Rather than just edit my previous post I'll bump the topic up again as a reminder of good work by both groups!

December 8th, 2009, 17:10
As Dick was kind enough to point out to me: the collection boxes at the Venue and Memory are for the Huay Pong orphanage itself. Most likely a worthy cause in and of itself, but something I know nothing about personally.

My post was in support of the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project, which I have done research on, vouch for and donate to in support of a handful of students there.

If I might just add, as one of the people working with the fund raising project, the money is being raised for the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project. All the money raised will be donated to that charity - watch out for a presentation in January. Usage of the money is NOT restricted just to the Huay Pong Home, but will be used where it is most needed by the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project, which bao-bao has been kind enough to vouch for.