PDA

View Full Version : New Year Recommendations Please!

November 30th, 2009, 22:08
Hi all

Can I solicit a few recommendations for New Year in Bangkok? I only know a few places such as Dick's Cafe, which is friendly enough, good for people watching and nicely situated for a step over the road to watch a "show" afterwards, but I wonder what else might be on offer?

I will be on my own, I don't like stand up drinks parties too much, but the chance for a decent meal, a few drinks and maybe a floor show would be appreciated.

Any recommendations?

December 2nd, 2009, 02:36
Surely @Richards can boast the liveliest group of septuagenarians (many posing as 52 year-olds) in town.

I heard that @Richards is starting a Comedy Night.

Even if the show isn't funny, the regular customers will piss themselves anyway.

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

December 2nd, 2009, 02:44
Hmmm

I see the bitchiness masquerading as wit is out in force once again.

The other day, when I signed up to this forum, I wondered in a post why the site seemed to be used by a few people to basically badmouth other people. A few suggestions (positive in nature) were forthcoming, but it seems I'll be unlikely to read any more, because Sawatdee really isn't the sort of site I want to spend time and energy engaging with.

Goodbye all and enjoy your bitching.

December 2nd, 2009, 03:01
Hmmm

I see the bitchiness masquerading as wit is out in force once again.

The other day, when I signed up to this forum, I wondered in a post why the site seemed to be used by a few people to basically badmouth other people. A few suggestions (positive in nature) were forthcoming, but it seems I'll be unlikely to read any more, because Sawatdee really isn't the sort of site I want to spend time and energy engaging with.

Goodbye all and enjoy your bitching.

..............And with those words of farewell he pouted, tossed his hair and swept out of the room.

:bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee: :bee:

December 2nd, 2009, 09:26
tossed his hair and swept out of the room.

That's generous. Might not have enough hair to toss. Would match his sense of humor.

December 2nd, 2009, 10:08
Farewell LMTU/BB/DH/BKKG/DRNED! We look forward to your next iteration! Start off a little subtler next time THEN come on strong.

Beachlover
December 2nd, 2009, 17:39
Has anyone spent New Years Eve at DJ Station or any of the other gay clubs in Bangkok before? I would be interested to know what it's like... deciding between spending NYE with mates... or heading off to do my own gay thing.

December 2nd, 2009, 20:32
Has anyone spent New Years Eve at DJ Station or any of the other gay clubs in Bangkok before? I would be interested to know what it's like... deciding between spending NYE with mates... or heading off to do my own gay thing.

Two years in a row I tried to get into DJ Station after the fireworks celebrations at Central World had finished. Both years I couldnt even get into soi 2 due to the crowds. And a large part of the crowd seemed to be drunk farang women, which made me even less enthusiastic about trying to get in there. Both years I gave up and went home. Last year I didnt even bother trying.

December 2nd, 2009, 21:01
Has anyone spent New Years Eve at DJ Station or any of the other gay clubs in Bangkok before?

I couldn't imagine what the crowds would be like...a regular evening at DJ was claustrophobic for me.

Somewhat off-topic, but a friend of mine works for Delta and once went to Tokyo for New Year's...he said it was spectacular so some day I'm going to have to give that whirl. That's only half-way between home & Thailand for me.

December 3rd, 2009, 03:30
Surely @Richards can boast the liveliest group of septuagenarians (many posing as 52 year-olds) in town.

I heard that @Richards is starting a Comedy Night.

Even if the show isn't funny, the regular customers will piss themselves anyway.

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

What is it about @Richards that causes such mirth?

December 3rd, 2009, 04:20
What is it about @Richards that causes such mirth?

The regulars there, I gather. The weekly buffet attracts the thrifty farang crowd.