PDA

View Full Version : Pattaya first impressions

November 30th, 2009, 14:27
I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale? Is there anything else to this town? It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed. I'm constantly being offered "young girl, young boy, ladyboy, fucking show" as if tourists cannot be interested in anything else.

On the Board there seems to be a never ending game of "spot old friends using a different name" where everyone's post is pored over and dissected for similarities. I'm willing to join in. Beach Bunny and homintern are the same person. They both and only they use the phrase "I'm only here for the laughs".

lonelywombat
November 30th, 2009, 15:55
I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale? Is there anything else to this town? It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed. I'm constantly being offered "young girl, young boy, ladyboy, fucking show" as if tourists cannot be interested in anything else.

On the Board there seems to be a never ending game of "spot old friends using a different name" where everyone's post is pored over and dissected for similarities. I'm willing to join in. Beach Bunny and homintern are the same person. They both and only they use the phrase "I'm only here for the laughs".

I have to disagree Homitern was an extremely witty man and I have had many chats with him on the old chat program.. BB is not in the same league.

What were you looking for when you came here. Where do you go looking. I do not have that problem in Pattaya. Maybe I brush it off before it starts.

Tell us about where you have been , what you like and where, what you have disliked and where and why.

If you are a gay man then. why are you in areas where you are offered by touts underage girls and boys.

You have found this forum too late but hopefully before you end your trip.

Help us to help you by being more specific. We dont want to know where the touts are located.Please do not include in your reply.

November 30th, 2009, 16:02
Have you considered playing golf ? Many people come here to do nothing else.

November 30th, 2009, 16:10
I think the OP, if interested in a seaside holiday, would find Cha Am-Hua Hin more to his liking.

Speaking for myself, if Pattaya were not "...a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale", then I guess I would not bother coming here. :-)

zinzone
November 30th, 2009, 16:57
The OP says:

"I've been here just over a week now. Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale?"

The answer to this question is :

Yes.

Why do you think most people live in or visit Pattaya?
it ain't for the museums, thats for sure!

November 30th, 2009, 17:49
Is Pattaya always like this, a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale?

Let me guess, you went to Pattaya just for the politics and free wi-fi connections? Your posts on here have been more bizarre than most.

cdnmatt
November 30th, 2009, 17:59
It seems that if you're not getting laid you should be getting pissed.

You're forgetting sticky rice! :-)

Really though, you came to one of the largest red light districts in the world. What do you expect?

November 30th, 2009, 18:59
You're forgetting sticky rice! :-)

Really though, you came to one of the largest red light districts in the world. What do you expect?

Boys, boys, boys...you have to step back and realize that NOTHING will ever prepare anyone for what Pattaya is the first time they come here. Quite simply, there is no place on earth that comes close to our beloved Sin City in terms of gumption and sheer audacity. Even today, I'm stymied and tongue-tied trying to explain just what Pattaya's nightlife is truly like to friends that have never been to Asia. I've never come close to doing it justice. Even Bangkok- BANGKOK- does a better job of disguising itself, with the myriad of sois shooting off Silom and Suriwong, only hinting at what lies beyond. Pattaya is in-your-face love-it-or-leave-it...we don't give a rat's ass!

Andrew, the best thing you can do is decide what YOU like to do and build your stay around that. Stay away from anything that sounds too good to be true, stay away from drugs and underage situations (99% of which are all BS to separate you from your money quickly anyhow) and watch your imbibing and your money. Think of it like Vegas, where its good fun to admire all the trappings and pretty distractions, but when it comes time to play use your common sense.

There are all kinds of guides to use in order to decide where to go and what to do. Lonely Planet, Fodors and TripAdvisor are just a few.

Surfcrest
November 30th, 2009, 20:41

I think you've hit on two good points and believe it or not, they are sort of related to one another.

When I walk through Pattaya, I usually know where I am going...perhaps that look of determination (and a smile of course - after all this is the LOS - and I usually have that "I'm getting my fill already...thank you very much" smile on constantly) and don't get too many propositions...be it from the Indian tailors on beach road or the sex hawkers along Pattayaland. My b.f. on the other hand, who prefers to trail behind me...usually with that open eyes (just got off the bus look) and rarely a smile (not because he isn't getting it - but because he's thinking about the next one - that he hasn't got yet) does get propositioned. Pattaya is no different than Bangkok for propositionsтАжin case this sort of think really irks you.

The same applies at SGT....and as mlomker pointed out, in reference to your participation in the Free WiFi thread, your posts don't have that "I usually know where I am going" assertiveness that attracts the attention of both idiots and trolls. Ask whether it would be appropriate to go out wearing a caftanтАжyouтАЩll see! You donтАЩt need to have been to Thailand before to navigate yourself around the SGT without that open eyes (just got off the bus look), in your posts. Especially if you are a writer тАжalbeit a rather paranoid writer (Where have you been before this mainland China, The Middle East?).

IтАЩm sure, if you want some good information about Thailand, PattayaтАжwhatever, someone here will be able to provide it for youтАж.provided you ask the right questions. If you are a writer, that shouldnтАЩt be too difficult for you. When you pull your net in, not all the responses might be helpful and you post might get hijacked into something entirely differentтАжbut IтАЩm relatively confident you will also find information in that same net that may be of help to you. If you are working from a lap top, you may want to compose your posts in MS Office or Open Office first to clean up the spelling / grammar, now that youтАЩve admitted you are a writer.

The Ignore, Friend / Foe function as well as the many other resource based functions that SGT offers are also quite helpful for filtering out the junk.

Good LuckтАжChok Dee!

November 30th, 2009, 22:29
.....a 24/7 sex bazaar where every perversion is readily available for sale....

You don't half talk crap!

In all my visits to Pattaya I have been completely unable to find either a gas mask or a decent pair of wellington boots or authentic swastika armbands!

Sourcing the rubber gloves and a suitable boy has been no problem at all - but without the rest of the outfit I end up having to simply yank myself off day and night - so I might as well stay at home.

I'm very disappointed and I'm considering taking my custom elsewhere in future!

:hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding: :hiding:

Smiles
November 30th, 2009, 22:38
I believe the polite term is wank, not yank.

'Yanking' brings to mind chains and pulleys attached to dicks and ceilings, with The Terminator controlling the pleasure level. 'Wanking' on the other hands is done with limp fingertips coated with a dab of self-heating KY ~ much more appropriate to the average age group on Sawatdee.

November 30th, 2009, 23:08
'Yanking' brings to mind chains and pulleys attached to dicks and ceilings, with The Terminator controlling the pleasure level

Exactly.

And that's where the gas mask, wellies, and armbands come in.

As for 'wanking' - in Scotland over 90% (estimate based purely on experience) are uncircumcised, therefore no need for KY in said process.

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

jinks
November 30th, 2009, 23:14
with limp fingertips

I prefer a fist full. If I'm to wank at all, Coca Cola The Real thing

November 30th, 2009, 23:53
..... Coca Cola The Real thing

You've lost me - Do you insert the Coca Cola bottle up your arse during your wank?

I remember something similar in a Sunee Plaza establishment many years ago (I think the bar was called Super Queen), where a guy inserted a Coca Cola bottle part way up his anus and apparently prised the lid off with his sphincter! He did offer to pass the bottle around for inspection so that any allegations of jiggery-pokery could be allayed but nobody seemed keen to inspect the bottle. In any case it was probably all pokery and very little jiggery.

For the avoidance of doubt - the guy who did this was a performer - not a customer. If you want to see customers doing this I'm told one has to visit the Corner Bar any afternoon.

:sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex: :sex:

December 1st, 2009, 01:42
Beach Bunny and homintern are the same person. They both and only they use the phrase "I'm only here for the laughs".

Like chalk & cheese I would say. Read a bit more closely & you will find Homintern's posts were generally worth reading & often quite funny.

bing
December 1st, 2009, 06:31
the Coca Cola bottle reminded me of the Soi Twilight show when a guy shakes up the big cola bottle and inserts in a boys ass and lets the fizzz shoot all over the boys ass and also on the first row of farangs watching the performance. My boy knew what was coming and dragged me back about 3 rows. I was about to grouch at him as I was enjoying the nude presentation, but when I saw all the farangs wiping cola and who knows what else off their brows, I gave him a big thanks.

December 1st, 2009, 06:57
the Coca Cola bottle reminded me of the Soi Twilight show when a guy shakes up the big cola bottle and inserts in a boys ass and lets the fizzz shoot all over the boys ass and also on the first row of farangs watching the performance. My boy knew what was coming and dragged me back about 3 rows. I was about to grouch at him as I was enjoying the nude presentation, but when I saw all the farangs wiping cola and who knows what else off their brows, I gave him a big thanks.

Classy! You don't get quality entertainment like that every day of the week.

But I still think my guy at Super Queen takes the biscuit - his was a real glass coke bottle with a metal cap which he removed up his bum - not one of those sissy plastic bottles! Tee Hee!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Surfcrest
December 1st, 2009, 07:04
I remember something similar in a Sunee Plaza establishment many years ago (I think the bar was called Super Queen), where a guy inserted a Coca Cola bottle part way up his anus and apparently prised the lid off with his sphincter! He did offer to pass the bottle around for inspection so that any allegations of jiggery-pokery could be allayed but nobody seemed keen to inspect the bottle. In any case it was probably all pokery and very little jiggery.

I recall a Pattaya bar in the early nineties called тАЬThe Ball ParkтАЭ that had a similar showтАжto supplement the baseball themeтАж.but it actually was the bat boy who stole that show.

December 1st, 2009, 07:15
Guys...I don't think you're making Andrew feel any better! lol

I guess this is an example of one of the board's loftier discussions??? Bring LMTU/Beach Bunny/Dickhead back!!!

TrongpaiExpat
December 1st, 2009, 09:44
the Coca Cola bottle reminded me of the Soi Twilight show when a guy shakes up the big cola bottle and inserts in a boys ass and lets the fizzz shoot all over the boys ass and also on the first row of farangs watching the performance.

It's Pepsi not Coke! I guess you did not get close?

They tried beer, Coke and nam soda once and nothing it seems works as well as Pepsi.

http://www.differencebetween.net/object/difference-between-coke-and-pepsi/

latintopxxx
December 2nd, 2009, 07:55
Pattaya .....beaches are shitty, dirty...get hassled non-stop....get ripped off and threatened by the boat rental operators...pattaya town itself has no town plannng or architecture to speak of...hovel after hovel....Obvious Pattaya is all about boys, sex and sleaze in general...thats why I love it....and try to visit as often as I can....completely addicted..

December 2nd, 2009, 08:04
Thanks Latintopxxx for summarizing the reasons (boys, sex and sleaze) why so many of us are drawn to Pattaya. We couldn't care less about town planning, rip-off artists, etc. Just need to see a few of those na-rak boys and all else is forgotten. Anyone looking for an attractive, wholesome atmosphere can simply avoid Pattaya.

December 2nd, 2009, 09:20
Anyone looking for an attractive, wholesome atmosphere can simply avoid Pattaya.

Would they come to Thailand, then? Might as well try Vatican city or somesuch.

December 2nd, 2009, 10:11
Vatican City? Surely you jest...don't you read the papers? Catholic clergy was it's own version of old Pattayaland for more than a thousand years...

December 2nd, 2009, 10:14
Anyone looking for an attractive, wholesome atmosphere can simply avoid Pattaya.

Would they come to Thailand, then? Might as well try Vatican city or somesuch.

whats so wholesome about vatican city? it probably has more child molesters than Pattaya ever did.

and what's so unwholesome about the rest of thailand?

Surfcrest
December 2nd, 2009, 12:17
IтАЩm not sure I can agree with you guys. IтАЩm with you with the boys, sex and sleazeтАжbut wouldnтАЩt you say that Bangkok is ahead of Pattaya with the number of boys on the market, the amount of sleaze in the shows (notoriously) and the various means for sex (more boys online, more saunas, massage joints, bars) and the ease of putting together whatever sexual situation you envision and are prepared to pay for.

I think Sunne is a very big part of why some people love Pattaya.

I on the other hand do care about town planning, municipal government, whatever you want to call it. I would like to see local government spend more on the infrastructureтАжI think business and development in Pattaya can support this through tax revenues for some of the pressing issues that need to be looked at locally here. Water shortages, flooding, sewers and construction projects.

I love the beach life. They bring you food, fruit, drinks, a massage every day, a manicure once a week, a weekly facial down at Hanako, great friends, good chatsтАжtunes from the iPod and endless sunshineтАжitтАЩs what my concept heaven can be (IтАЩll have to put in a good word with Miso). The cost for all of this is just a fraction of what I pay back home. No need to drive here for a massage, here for a chiropractor (my massage guy makes all the same adjustments for me), to restaurants for a bite or a pub for a pintтАжitтАЩs all there. I eat better when IтАЩm in Pattaya, fruit; fruit juicesтАж.I donтАЩt have the time at home to cut fruit up.

I only go to town in the evening for dinner and a drink or two if IтАЩm not тАЬextraтАЭ entertainment shopping. It would be nice if I didnтАЩt have to hold a hanky over my nose as we pass the V.C Hotel areaтАжbut once you get past that, there is a great selection of places to eat, of friends to call up for dinnerтАжand itтАЩs great sitting out after dinner at either Panorama or the Sunne Plaza Pub for a drink.

You make Pattaya sound like such an тАЬend of the earthтАЩ sort of place, when in fact there is a prettier sideтАж.from the beach side at least. Yes there are concerns with how filthy the ocean is, but I have noticed a marked improvement over the last 5 to 10 years. The main thing is that I think its getting betterтАж.at least at Dong Tan.

This is why I love PattayaтАжтАж...

December 2nd, 2009, 17:07
I think Sunne is a very big part of why some people love Pattaya.

I can't quite put my finger on it, but this seems to be code for something...

Beachlover
December 2nd, 2009, 17:16

Yep.... that's what I thought. It has this wild west, "anything goes" atmosphere, which is a bit alarming.

December 2nd, 2009, 17:54
When I took a friend of mine to Pattaya - "what a **** dump" was the reply, when asked how's this place coming into Pattaya via a taxi , initially, it does, I must admit, does look a dump, but now that person thinks its a fab place.

December 2nd, 2009, 18:10
Re: Pattaya first impressions
Author: WhiteDesire ┬╗ Wed 2 Dec, 2009 6:54 am

When I took a friend of mine to Pattaya - "what a **** dump" was the reply, when asked how's this place coming into Pattaya via a taxi, initially, it does, I must admit, does look a dump, but now that person thinks its a fab place.

When I try to describe Pattaya to others I seem to settle on the fact that it is perhaps the most unpretentious place on earth as nobody is better than anyone else in this town. Just by entering the city limits you have lowered yourself to the base caste. I never fear snotty people with their noses in the air because for them to do so is on its face a lie. Nobody is better than anybody in this town. That has a certain quality of reassurance for me and others I know. There's no driving insecurity that you're being outdone by your neighbors, your mates. By being here you've already left behind all pretension of superiority.

I don't feel like I have to put on a 'show' when I'm in town. That's liberating for me.

Pattaya is a simple place, maybe the only place on earth where humans can and do enjoy uncomplicated sex and fun as simply as it can possibly be experienced. Where the barter is fair to both parties and there is no societal guilt factor at work. The quiet and non-dramatic understanding that human nature in some ways provides comforts to both the seeker and the recipient. They do this better in Pattaya than anyplace on earth and I challenge anyone to prove differently.

This is why people come to it frowning, but leave saying how fab it is. I pity, PITY, the souls with a lust for life depart this world without spending a few weeks in this incredible city.

zinzone
December 2nd, 2009, 18:44
Re: Pattaya first impressions
Author: WhiteDesire ┬╗ Wed 2 Dec, 2009 6:54 am

When I took a friend of mine to Pattaya - "what a **** dump" was the reply, when asked how's this place coming into Pattaya via a taxi, initially, it does, I must admit, does look a dump, but now that person thinks its a fab place.

When I try to describe Pattaya to others I seem to settle on the fact that it is perhaps the most unpretentious place on earth as nobody is better than anyone else in this town. Just by entering the city limits you have lowered yourself to the base caste. I never fear snotty people with their noses in the air because for them to do so is on its face a lie. Nobody is better than anybody in this town. That has a certain quality of reassurance for me and others I know. There's no driving insecurity that you're being outdone by your neighbors, your mates. By being here you've already left behind all pretension of superiority.

I don't feel like I have to put on a 'show' when I'm in town. That's liberating for me.

Pattaya is a simple place, maybe the only place on earth where humans can and do enjoy uncomplicated sex and fun as simply as it can possibly be experienced. Where the barter is fair to both parties and there is no societal guilt factor at work. The quiet and non-dramatic understanding that human nature in some ways provides comforts to both the seeker and the recipient. They do this better in Pattaya than anyplace on earth and I challenge anyone to prove differently.

This is why people come to it frowning, but leave saying how fab it is. I pity, PITY, the souls with a lust for life depart this world without spending a few weeks in this incredible city.

An excellent and well written truthful post, thank you for it!

December 2nd, 2009, 20:56
Pattaya is a simple place, maybe the only place on earth where humans can and do enjoy uncomplicated sex and fun as simply as it can possibly be experienced.

That reminds me of my visit. My 'friend' and I were on the baht bus heading back to my room and he was talking with an Iranian guy that he fancied. The Iranian asked me if we were boyfriends and I replied "for the week" and everybody just kind of nodded and grinned. I felt a little bad for putting it that way but that was how it felt so I stated it matter-of-factly. I've heard that sort of relationship referred to as 'the boyfriend experience'. I've never had anything like that anywhere else. Things are never that simple back home.

December 2nd, 2009, 22:47
whats so wholesome about vatican city? it probably has more child molesters than Pattaya ever did.

Unlikely - in Vatican City much of it would be legal, as the age of consent there is 12, not 18 as it is here.

December 2nd, 2009, 23:06
What are the expected tips there?

4 hail Mary's and something involving a rosary.

December 3rd, 2009, 07:43
[quote="dave_syd":1dz3yxjm]whats so wholesome about vatican city? it probably has more child molesters than Pattaya ever did.

Unlikely - in Vatican City much of it would be legal, as the age of consent there is 12, not 18 as it is here.[/quote:1dz3yxjm]

somebody who molests a child is still a child molester, regardless of the law.

bao-bao
December 3rd, 2009, 23:12
By being here you've already left behind all pretension of superiority.

Unless of course you're let me tell you/bottoms up/etc :rolling:

December 4th, 2009, 01:56
Well put, jacklipton. Hadn't thought of Pattaya in that way before, but you're right. We who show up in Pattaya can not claim to have come here in search of culture. We're here for sex. Everyone knows that, accepts that. No need to pretend otherwise, and that is definitely liberating.