View Full Version : Don-Plaza Hotel - Sunee

November 28th, 2009, 07:39
Thinking about staying there a few nights during my next stay. Would appreciate hearing from any of you who have stayed there. Would you recommend/not recommend and why? Thanks in advance,

cdnmatt
November 28th, 2009, 10:28
Never stayed there myself, but looks like a nice place from the outside. I personally would never stay there though, but that's just because of the location. You wouldn't even be able to quickly grab a pack of cigarettes without five boys asking where you're going, telling you you're handsome, and asking to go with you. Would get on my nerves a little too much.

November 28th, 2009, 11:12
I agree with Matt. Places like Don Plaza or the Sunee guest houses, or Marina Inn (where some boys actually live), or the accommodations in Boyztown-- all are fine if you want a sexually charged atmosphere 24/7. Otherwise, I would probably choose some place in Jomtien, like the beach front Bondi (maybe 3 star, decent breakfast for 90 Baht) or in Jomtien Complex. There are always song taows available between Jomtien and Sunee.

luvthai-2
November 28th, 2009, 22:46
The stairways are steep narrow and dark and many older guys have a problem going up and down them. Also they do not accept credit cards,strickly cash. Daytime in Sunee is pretty dead with few places open to eat breakfast or lunch. Also the street boys can be a hassel during the day always hungry and looking more needy in the daylight.

luvthai-2
November 29th, 2009, 18:57
You see street boys all hours of the day. I have been staying in Sunee for the last 12 years and theres seldom a time when some of the boys are not about begging. There maybe a couple places now serving breakfast but how many times do you want to eat at the same place? It was better when the Marina pool was open but now theres just nothing to do during the day in sunee. If your a beach person that helps as you can spend the day there. Shopping gets old after awile.

fedssocr
November 29th, 2009, 19:58
You see street boys all hours of the day. I have been staying in Sunee for the last 12 years and theres seldom a time when some of the boys are not about begging. There maybe a couple places now serving breakfast but how many times do you want to eat at the same place? It was better when the Marina pool was open but now theres just nothing to do during the day in sunee. If your a beach person that helps as you can spend the day there. Shopping gets old after awile.

But isn't that a problem anywhere you stay in Pattaya? Unless you are going to the beach there ain't much to do during the day other than shopping. And anyway it's not like you are not allowed to leave Sunee once you enter. You can always walk a short while and be at 2nd Road or elsewhere.

As for begging boys, is that worse than trying to walk down Beach Rd for example and being hassled by all of those guys who want to shake your hand, sell you some cheap suit, find out where you come from, etc? Personally I find those guys much more annoying.

If you are staying in Boyztown I don't know that I would say the atmosphere is exactly "sexually charged" all day. The massage boys will all call out "massage, sir?" just like they do in Silom and other places. But there's no pressure. Just smile and say "no thanks".

And I have had breakfast at the same place every day in lots of places. If it is included in your hotel room rate why wouldn't you just eat at the hotel? And you can always go to the store and get some small breakfast items if you don't want to go out. Unless you require something elaborate or cooked all the time.

Now, I have never stayed at Don Plaza. But I have considered it.

November 29th, 2009, 23:51
.........Now that the bottom has fallen out maybe you can afford to retire in Miami! :idea:

Rather than retiring to Miami, surely a better idea would be for luvthai to go immediately to the nearest hospital?

I believe the medical term is "anal prolapse".

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

December 1st, 2009, 03:00
Thanks guys - I appreciate your replies.

luvthai-2
December 1st, 2009, 04:45
I have no complaints on Sunee. The guy asked for info and i gave my observations. If hereforme and fedssocr have different observations thats fine, I won't stoop to their level tho and respond to their senile gutter remarks. Different strokes for different folks.

December 1st, 2009, 05:03
I agree with Matt. Places like Don Plaza or the Sunee guest houses, or Marina Inn (where some boys actually live), or the accommodations in Boyztown-- all are fine if you want a sexually charged atmosphere 24/7. Otherwise, I would probably choose some place in Jomtien, like the beach front Bondi (maybe 3 star, decent breakfast for 90 Baht) or in Jomtien Complex. There are always song taows available between Jomtien and Sunee.

Works both ways, you can use the Song Taows to travel from Sunnee to the beach during the daytime too. Sunnee is quite enough during the morning too.

cdnmatt
December 1st, 2009, 05:58
If you're looking for close to Sunnee, I'd personally recommend Mosaik. You're not totally out of the scene, but enough so you're left alone for the most part if you're just walking to the store. At the same time, you're a five minute walk away to the heart of Sunnee.

Or a place like where I am now. About an 8 minute walk from Sunnee, but for the most part, completely out of the scene. Not once have I ever been propositioned in this area. Lots of farangs around as well, although most of them are breeders, but hey, nobody's perfect. :-)

Dani69
December 5th, 2009, 06:18
100% stay at Mosaik 10 outta 10 for me and 3 mins from Sunee (i walk fast )

francois
December 5th, 2009, 08:47
[quote="cdnmatt"
Or a place like where I am now. About an 8 minute walk from Sunnee, but for the most part, completely out of the scene. Not once have I ever been propositioned in this area. Lots of farangs around as well, although most of them are breeders, but hey, nobody's perfect. :-)[/quote]

Opposite of Mosaik, just a short distance, is Blue House Massage where the boys love to flirt and propose their services to the passing farang. Irresistible!

Surfcrest
December 5th, 2009, 09:25
You see street boys all hours of the day. I have been staying in Sunee for the last 12 years and theres seldom a time when some of the boys are not about begging.

As for begging boys, is that worse than trying to walk down Beach Rd for example and being hassled by all of those guys who want to shake your hand, sell you some cheap suit, find out where you come from, etc? Personally I find those guys much more annoying.

If you are staying in Boyztown I don't know that I would say the atmosphere is exactly "sexually charged" all day. The massage boys will all call out "massage, sir?" just like they do in Silom and other places. But there's no pressure. Just smile and say "no thanks".

Yes, it is much worse than being hassled by all the guys who want to shake your hand, sell you some cheap suit, find out where you come from. First of all some these cheap suit guys actually make some good suits. Sorry, but Thailand has a sizeable Indian community and this is what they do and this is how they do business. If you walk by the same guy a multiple number of times and you get the same line each time, wouldnтАЩt be best just to stop and let him know you do not need a suit and youтАЩre done?

Next, begging boys is indicative of another problem that is bigger than you, or I or all of us.
Their plight can sometimes pull at you; drain you mentally (unless you have an empty tank already like hereforme). Throwing money at it is only going to make it worse (if it goes toward Ya ba). They tell you how hungry they are, what they could doтАж.for a few baht. Once they have you talking or dishing out dough and theyтАЩll be on your lap the moment you are out in Sunee at night. Like a dog humping your leg, youтАЩll have to be mean to get rid of themтАж.which probably defeated whatever morality point you were aiming to score by giving them dough in the first place.

I donтАЩt find Boyztown too bad during the day, certainly not sexually chargedтАжunless you think licking a 9 Volt battery is your idea of тАЬchargedтАЭ. I used to go there during the day to use the gym. ItтАЩs pretty quietтАж.thereтАЩs only one massage place there, right?

You would not see a street boy till 4PM.....about when they awake....They are part of the attraction!,,,,Don't listen to these old fuddy duddies they would not know life here until it bit them on their ass!

Nope, plenty out before thenтАж..some still up from the night before. If thatтАЩs your attraction, thatтАЩs disturbing.

cdnmatt
December 7th, 2009, 15:10
Surfcast! There is no doubt you are disturbed!......I have no problem giving someone 30 baht and see them buy food with it! Only for food! It is disturbing that you are so cheap....and you can rationalize your cheap ways by saying it all goes to ya ba! :violent1:

Because alot of the time it does go towards yaba, or at least not food. Have you ever told one of them you won't give them cash, but are happy to take them to one of the many stalls and buy them whatever food they'd like, only to have them say no, they want cash only?

Surfcrest
December 7th, 2009, 20:36
You see street boys all hours of the day. I have been staying in Sunee for the last 12 years and theres seldom a time when some of the boys are not about begging.

You would not see a street boy till 4PM.....about when they awake....They are part of the attraction!,,,,Don't listen to these old fuddy duddies they would not know life here until it bit them on their ass!

Nope, plenty out before thenтАж..some still up from the night before. If thatтАЩs your attraction, thatтАЩs disturbing.

Surfcast! There is no doubt you are disturbed!......I have no problem giving someone 30 baht and see them buy food with it! Only for food! It is disturbing that you are so cheap....and you can rationalize your cheap ways by saying it all goes to ya ba!

No, luvthai-2 suggested that there is a problem with begging boys on the streets at all hours of the day in SuneeтАжтАжyou countered by saying they are only out after 4PMтАж.which is not accurate. No one suggested anything about either being cheap or not doing anything to constructively deal with the problem. I donтАЩt live in SuneeтАж.I live in Jomtien, so I donтАЩt have to deal with the problem day in and day out as luvthai2 mightтАжbut for you, its part of the attraction and anyone is a fuddy duddy for suggesting otherwise.

Maybe you should tuck that 30 baht back into your pocket and pull out your VisaтАжthereтАЩs a better suggestion offered here by Dick that is quite a bit more constructive than your generous offer.

HAPPY NEW YEAR with the Pattaya Street KidsтАЩ Support Project

Readers of Gay Tingtong Forum and those who have visited The Venue in Jomtien will be aware of the appeal to raise funds through the Pattaya Street Kids Support Project for the kids at the Huay Pong childrens home just outside Pattaya. The funds raised will be used exclusively to provide much need bedding, clothing, and sports equipment which the home has specifically requested. I do not wish to detract from that as these are much needed items.

But there is another appeal that goes out this time of year for funding to enable the childrens' New Year parties organised by PSKSP to take place. This benefits not only the 300 kids at the Huay Pong home, but another 400 kids from the slums within Pattaya plus the students in the Projects sponsorship programme. It only costs ┬г2.50 (less than $4) to sponsor one child at these parties and in previous years donations from Board members have enabled many children to have a great day out. Please read the following link: http://pattayastreetkids.homestead.com/2010-new-year-parties-appeal.html. Donations can be made by Paypal or credit card, or those in the UK can mail a cheque.

If you are able please enable a couple of kids who would not otherwsie be able to attend the party and make one day in their year special for them.

Yes !!!!! Sunni should have a Real Uniformed Police presence 24 Hrs. a day (Real Police).

Careful with all those exclamation marksтАж.or the secret is going to get out of the bag on you. Good to see also your тАЬreal uniformed police presenceтАЭ suggestion is well thought out.