PDA

View Full Version : decent taxi service to pattaya

November 23rd, 2009, 04:53
Can any one recomend a decent taxi service fron the airport to pattaya,( excluding image limos)

November 23rd, 2009, 05:02
Can any one recomend a decent taxi service fron the airport to pattaya,( excluding image limos)

Decent by price or some other metric? I used Mr Dream on my trip. His drivers were always on time and the prices seem fair. The vehicles are not fancy, if that matters to you.

http://mrdreamtransport.page.tl/Home.htm

He posts on here from time to time.

November 23rd, 2009, 06:10
After many years of just accepting the 1500+ fee to Pattaya I found Mr. T Taxi Service a few months ago. This service is GREAT.

He uses new cars, has very polite drivers, is waiting at the airport with your name written on a sign and only charges 1,000 baht, including tolls. You are driven directly to your destination and you are not asked for a tip. It is SO nice to see your name on a placard and given help with your bags right out of baggage claim.

I think a lot of his people are those that have business anyway in the city who ring him up and let him know they are available during 'x' time period, so it's a completely nicer vibe than the normal taxi routine.

Mr T email: mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com
Phone: 66-38-720 318

If going from Pattaya to the airport, his fees are 900 baht including tolls.

mr_ttaxi@hotmail.com

luvthai-2
November 23rd, 2009, 06:56
I have used Mr. Toom's service for the past 5 yers and have never had a problem. He charges 1200 baht from the airport and the toll fees are included. The drivers have all been efficent and easy to deal with. His email is toom39@msn.com

atri1666
November 23rd, 2009, 09:09

You make my day with the last 3 words

November 23rd, 2009, 09:13
I used mrdreamtransport also last trip. Very good service. Nice drivers, nice cars and cheap.

1100 to Pattaya - 800 Pattaya to airport.

Had a last minute schedule change from 8am to 430am - no problem, car still early.

November 23rd, 2009, 10:26
I think I used Mr.T''s service. My driver was named "Sit" (phone:089 784 8269), 1200 baht from BKK airport to Pattaya. I like to hire one about a week before I arrive, if you do it too early, (like a month) they may forget. when I arrive, I also like the sign they hold up with my name on it (misspelled). All the drivers are huddled in a corral like cattle and they let them out when you identify them. They meet at Gate 3. Really nice trip, very accommodating and took care of all the bagage. Good luck!

allieb
November 23rd, 2009, 11:32
Mr Dream transport without a doubt. I used them last trip and aslo arranged for friends to be picked up. On time every time and a good price . Owner is alwyas available on his mobile and very efficient.

November 23rd, 2009, 12:56
I think I used Mr.T''s service. My driver was named "Sit" (phone:089 784 8269), 1200 baht from BKK airport to Pattaya. I like to hire one about a week before I arrive, if you do it too early, (like a month) they may forget. when I arrive, I also like the sign they hold up with my name on it (misspelled). All the drivers are huddled in a corral like cattle and they let them out when you identify them. They meet at Gate 3. Really nice trip, very accommodating and took care of all the bagage. Good luck!

Well, if your Mr. T charged you 1200 baht it wasn't the Mr. T I recommended above. I used it last week and it was still 1000- though I sometimes pay the tolls instead of giving a tip.

Why would anyone voluntarily pay more than a 1000 baht if they didn't have to? Gas is only a couple of hundred baht and the trip is less than 90 minutes. My Mr. T can offer a better deal because I think he rings up people who are already in BKK on business and are flexible for their return home from BKK, hence the savings.

November 23rd, 2009, 15:28
I have used Gem & Phon for years, came down from Bangkok today using Gem and Phon's service good car, on time, safe driver and no trying to sell me tours or some other stuff.
Tel. +66- (0) 817-61-6455
email address: gemsphon@loxinfo.co.th

cdnmatt
November 23rd, 2009, 15:48
Personally, I prefer to contract out a helicopter.

http://www.advanceaviation.co.th/

November 23rd, 2009, 19:13

At $2500 per hour? Sign me up.

bao-bao
November 23rd, 2009, 23:36
Add another vote for Mr. Toom. I've hired them six or seven times and each ride has been more than acceptable. Only one time I had to ask the driver to slow down a bit, but otherwise they're careful enough to begin with that I'm comfortable taking a little snooze without worrying about them tailgating or snoozing themselves.

allieb
November 24th, 2009, 00:10

At $2500 per hour? Sign me up.

Just take a cab and use the change for 80 boys to fuck you to death

November 24th, 2009, 03:53
Just take a cab and use the change for 80 boys to fuck you to death

That's the sort of wealth spreading that I can endorse.

November 24th, 2009, 05:08
..... I also like the sign they hold up with my name on it (misspelled)

So the sign said CNUT then?

Just couldn't resist that - nothing personal :-)

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

yaraboy
December 3rd, 2009, 09:50
Ok after numerous Emails..........

1. Gem &Thong want 2300 baht Bangkok -Pattaya............ONE way!

2. Mr T has a good price of 1000 baht but his correspondence and ability(desire?) to answer questions and give information is poor so after 7 days i still do not know if he wants to drive us

3. Mr Dream (a farang) also has a competitive price but insists on prepayment. I have never prepaid for a taxi. The Pattaya Forum has a few horror stories on this Company (fast drivers/shitty cars/non pickups) so prepayment is not an option

So I am really back to square one. I gather that 2&3 are just booking companies and just hire drivers with cars. I would like to find an independant driver with a mid size car to take 2 persons from Pinnacle to Rayong then from Rayong to Airport

Anyone got the name of good driver with Email address ??..........send private message if you like

THANKS

December 3rd, 2009, 12:11
2. Mr T has a good price of 1000 baht but his correspondence and ability(desire?) to answer questions and give information is poor so after 7 days i still do not know if he wants to drive us

I'm not sure what you speak of with Mr. T. I've used him 8 times and he's been perfect every time. I never talk to him, just send him an email at least 48 hours before, though he's put together something on 12 hours email notice before my arrival. I think he regularly checks email in the early evening but you can always prompt him to look by calling him on your mobile.

'Answer questions? Give information?' I don't get it. You email him with the time of arrival, and if you're coming international or domestic and set a time comfortable for you.

You walk out and your name is on a sign. Once in the taxi you tell them where you're going. Simple.

The WORST scenario is you simply walk out to the curb and spend the extra 800 baht on a regular taxi.

Google Mr.T Taxi and you'll have all kinds of testimonials:
this is the top one on Google
Mr.T. Taxi to Pattaya Service. Best taxi service at a great price from Bangkok Airport to Pattaya and vice verse.
http://www.paradise-pattaya.com/taxi-to-pattaya.html - Cached - Similar

December 3rd, 2009, 19:25
3. Mr Dream (a farang) also has a competitive price but insists on prepayment.

That must be new but I can understand why, given the business model that the private taxis seem to work under. I got the impression the drivers used personal vehicles and gave a cut of the fare to whoever books it for them. If a driver is collecting the money then it might not always get back to where it belongs, at least not in the proper amount.

I was intending to pre-pay when I use him next time. He's out of town during Songkran so I need to start looking for another option.

gerefan2
December 5th, 2009, 21:42
Booked a taxi by email from Mr Dream to take me from the Airport to Pattaya.
Got quick reply asking if I wanted taxi or limo. Asked for taxi.
Got another e mail telling me in some detail that they do mobile phones and did I want one to be ready in the taxi. No.
Flight arrived on time. No driver at Meeting point. Waited about 15 mins and found a phone and talked to Mr Dream. Told driver was there and he would collect me at meeting point. Nothing.
Phoned again after 30 mins and told he was definatley there. Found him 10 minutes later.
Mr Dream phoned me via driver, very apologetic, new driver etc., offerered free ride next time.
Not sure there will be a next time...
Always been Gems and Phons for me despite the slightly extra cost but I read this thread and thought I would try Mr Dream!!
G2

December 5th, 2009, 22:10
Well I used Mr. Dream just last week from Pattaya to Bangkok. Driver was on time, the car was a newer model and best of all the driver wasn't one of those chatty ones so I could actually have some peace and quiet.

springco
December 5th, 2009, 23:43
3. Mr Dream (a farang) also has a competitive price but insists on prepayment. I have never prepaid for a taxi. The Pattaya Forum has a few horror stories on this Company (fast drivers/shitty cars/non pickups) so prepayment is not an option

I used Mr. Dream Transport two weeks ago. THERE WAS NO PREPAYMENT REQUIRED NOR ASKED FOR AT ANY TIME WHATSOEVER.
Mr. Dream Transport replied to all my emails promptly, sometimes within minutes. His messages and answers were clear, thorough and articulate. His prices are excellent.
My driver was spot on time for my arrival very early in the morning (still dark out) and in the exact location that was described. The car was excellent... in fact far more luxurious than I had expected. Driver was excellent and not chatty or annoying in any way whatsoever. There wasn't even a hint for a tip.
The driver carried my luggage into my hotel lobby and helped me into and out of the vehicle at the start and end of the trip. I paid the driver in my hotel lobby at the end of my journey.
It just doesn't get any better!
I recommend this service without reservation and hesitation.

Rene
December 6th, 2009, 12:26
I tried Mr. Dream for the first time about a month ago. I was so impressed that I used his service again during this past week. NEVER was I asked for prepayment! I paid after I was taken to my destination.
This quality of service is so good that it is hard to believe that he can offer it at the prices he does. Nice cars, excellent and polite drivers. Chilled water bottles were waiting for me when I got into the vehicle. Perfect!

blueboy
December 6th, 2009, 16:00
whatever other service there is, I have tried most and always return to Image limos - can't beat the service, and they have brand new cars!

jinks
December 6th, 2009, 16:31
whatever other service there is, I have tried most and always return to Image limos - can't beat the service, and they have brand new cars!

DITTO, they will be waiting for me at the airbridge !
All of the waiting lines disappear, with the car ready at the exit.

Image Limos (http://www.imagelimo.com/)
http://www.imagelimo.com/headerbergundy.jpg (http://www.imagelimo.com/)

December 6th, 2009, 18:32
There's something wrong with this whole thread, or maybe I'm going batty.

aot87 asks for a cheap taxi BKK to Pattaya. Everyone chimes in and they are undoubtedly all good choices to be looked over and decision renderd.

Then a completely different poster named yaraboy perks up and starts talking about how all the choices are shit and confusing and the quotes are far higher, etc etc.

But he's going to RAYONG, not Pattaya. So of course the quotes won't match and all the investigations are MOOT.

Why title a thread 'decent taxi service to pattaya' when YOU ACTUALLY WANT TO GO ANOTHER HOUR PLUS SOUTH where there are no good return options for the driver. THEN take the attitude that the board didn't provide you with proper information.

And why is YARABOY carrying on as authoring a thread started by aot87??
What the heck is going on? No idiot tells you a high traffic destination then specifies a remote criteria for the actual booking.

yaraboy
December 7th, 2009, 07:26
Calm down Jack..........Rayong is only about 30 km from Pattaya ( extra 100 baht) and that was never the issue. Finally Mt T looks like he has come through and will pick me up at Pinnacle take me to Rayong then subsequently to Airport for 2100. Seems fine to me . The problem was that he was very slow at confirming and seemed to get confused by my schedule. Wil report after trip.
I will not deal with Mr Dream due to a number of complaints and his wanting prepayment......

December 7th, 2009, 07:40
Hi Yaraboy,

No worries and I wasn't pissed or anything, only frustrated at not being able to help from the start. I regret using 'idiot' in my passage as that was uncalled for.

Still, is this a case where you jumped into thread in the middle and didn't ever mean to imply Pattaya? Is it just a coincidence that aot87 authored it at the start?

It takes a good hour to get to Rayong. It's at least a 100 km as I just drove through there last month to Trat. If you take Sukhumvit it's even longer. Mr. T's service is quite good.

Another great way to save money if you arrive in BKK and can't take the bus or want to speed it up is to find a tout in the bus area and tell him you'll pay only 1000 baht for a share taxi, splitting it with another. It's easy to find another bus customer to share with to split the cost. I did that recently and only had to pay 500 baht to get to Pattaya quickly. The touts in the bus area already know that their customer is cheap, so they don't do the tourist tout routine. It's even more important to know these high season days when the bus to Jomtien is always sold out an hour before leaving.

December 7th, 2009, 15:49
I have used both Mr. Toom and Mr. T's taxi service many times. I can recommend them both. They both have been on time, reliable, with newer cars and safe courteous drivers. I have been using Mr. T's lately because they are a little less expensive.

Koh Samui Luv
December 7th, 2009, 20:02
Quite to the contrary of what yaraboy says, I have NEVER had to pay in advance when using Mr. Dream Transport.
I have now used Mr. Dream several times for the following reasons:
1. He replies to emails promptly.
2. His replies are clear and precise with no mysteries.
3. He is very helpful and goes out of his way to please his customers.
4. His cars are very comfortable and well maintained and are NOT run on LPG gas cylinders which frequently take up most of the
trunk space in vehicles that use them and will explode if you are in a bad accident.
5. His drivers are excellent.
6. He has always been on time with bottles of cool water waiting for me.
7. You can reach him at once on his cell phone in case you have to make a quick change of plans.
8. His prices are cheaper than any other limo service that I have ever found.
9. His service is consistently good.

yaraboy
December 7th, 2009, 20:27
To be more exact Jack...Rayong is 50km from Pattaya

As far as Mr Dream is concerned..I am sure he is fine most of the time............but he has had serious complaints and
did want prepayment. I can not find any online complaints about Mr T

Time to end this thread?

December 7th, 2009, 20:48
To be more exact Jack...Rayong is 50km from Pattaya

As far as Mr Dream is concerned..I am sure he is fine most of the time............but he has had serious complaints and
did want prepayment. I can not find any online complaints about Mr T

Time to end this thread?

From Google:

Get Directions My Maps
Add Destination - Show options

Driving directions to Rayong
88.5 km тАУ about 1 hour 32 mins

Pattaya
Amphoe Bang La Mung, Changwat Chonburi
1. Head east on Phatthaya Klang toward Phatthaya Klang 9
1.3 km
2. Turn left at Route 3/Sukhumvit
8.7 km
3. Turn right toward Route 36
78 m
4. Turn right at Route 36
36.6 km
5. Take the exit toward Route 3191
0.7 km
6. Turn left at Route 3191
7.1 km
7. Turn right at Route 3371/Route 3375
3.3 km
8. Turn right at Route 3143
9.7 km
9. Turn left at Route 3138/Thetsaban 1
Continue to follow Route 3138
2.0 km
10. Turn right to stay on Route 3138
61 m
11. Turn left to stay on Route 3138
1.2 km
12. Take the 1st right onto Route 3471
13.6 km
13. Turn right
4.1 km
Rayong

Okay, now we can end the thread...as long as aot is satisfied.

TrongpaiExpat
December 7th, 2009, 20:56
Okay, now we can end the thread...as long as aot is satisfied.

A thread on taxi/transport options to Pattaya never ends. It might even be able to support it's own forum.

December 7th, 2009, 21:09
A thread on taxi/transport options to Pattaya never ends. It might even be able to support it's own forum.

Really????

They'd be a lot shorter if they were renamed 'decent taxi service to RAYONG'.

February 3rd, 2013, 22:41
Dear Users of Pohn's taxi service:

The taxiservice is unfortunately out of order. He does not answer his phones, emails bouncing back and I informed on the Jomtien Beach, but all they know is Pohn is not feeling well. Pitty for Pohn but trouble for me. I need a reliable taxiservice and he is (was?)
Anyway after the split-up with his partner the taxiservice ran down. All the taxies I ordered were fullfilled with other parties, ordered by Pohn.
Sorry for him of course and when he is ok again, i'll inform here again, but it was very frustrating to see an old friend, yes of age too, ending on Suvarnabum next week, waiting for a never arriving taxi.
I arranged now everything ( I need 4 rides this month) from the Limo Pattaya.
Nice lady speaking. Talked good english for a thai and confirmed the 4 drives immidiately. The booking form did not work well in my case, but I filled it in and screenshotted it. Put it in the email and all ok.

So in case anyone has trouble contacting Pohn (Gemspohn) don't bather (until further notice), go immidiately to:
www.thelimopattaya.com.

Toyota Camry Sedan and Honda Accord Sedan. Suvarnabum-Pattaya one way 1200 baht incl toll. And I noted my preferences: No music, No smoking, No telephoning during the ride (except for a handsfree of course)