PDA

View Full Version : Roundtrips in Chiang Mai

boy
November 23rd, 2009, 01:52
Will visit for the first time by mid January Chiang Mai for 12 days and would be pleased to get some information about short roundtrips (1 or 2 or 3 days) in this area organised by a local touroperator.

I would prefer to book a roundtrip organised by a gay-travelagent / gay-touroperator in order to be with other tourists of the gaycommunity as I am fearing that other tourists in the group would "fingerpoint" to the gaypeople ...

For any comments I would be grateful !
Many thanks, boy

(PS: sorry for my bad english as my mothertonge is swiss-german)

November 23rd, 2009, 05:11
If you don't get any more specific advice, then you could email a couple of the Bangkok-based guides and ask for a referral. Oat is from Chiang Mai and knows a lot of people there. He could definitely refer you to someone.

http://www.thailandhorizons.com/tours (email him at the 'contact us' link on that page)

He's a good guy, I used him for a couple days last month. I think that picture is 20 years old, tho. ;)

Bob
November 23rd, 2009, 07:26
Although CM has mainly been my stomping grounds, I've never intentionally used or known of a "gay" tour service. I'd recommend you get ahold of PJ's Place and ask them, I'm sure they'll know.

For local transportation via tuk tuk, I quite often use a good Thai friend who happens to be gay (but I use him because he's a good driver, always on time, and a friend). He knows all the gay places in CM so probably could advise you on that if that's what you're looking for. If you want his number, send me a PM.

rincondog
November 23rd, 2009, 07:32
Check out this tour operator, he caters to gays. Never used him although, he has been around awhile. I think others have recommended him previously. HERE (http://www.benstaxiserviceandtours.com/) Ben' tours.

Smiles
November 23rd, 2009, 09:35
" ... I am fearing that other tourists in the group would "fingerpoint" to the gaypeople ... "
A good way to start out.
Just a anecdotal observation, but from my experience the tourists most to be feared on Hua Hin beach are Swiss-Germans. In fact, one of them just 'finger-pointed' at me the other day.

November 23rd, 2009, 19:03
Just a anecdotal observation, but from my experience the tourists most to be feared on Hua Hin beach are Swiss-Germans.

My whole time in Thailand I only recall one time that I received some looks. That was going down Walking Street while holding hands with a 20-something Thai. The looks were from a couple Caucasian guys, I guess we were invading their hetero zone. It seems that you'd have to go well out of your way to find someone that cares whether or not you're gay. lol.