PDA

View Full Version : How to stop people bugging you about getting married:

April 12th, 2006, 17:01
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, "You're next!"
They stopped when I started doing the same to them...At funerals.

April 13th, 2006, 07:50
Yes, I use a similar defence when women pat me on the stomach and say "What's all this then?" I pat them on the bum and make the same comment. As you know, every woman believes her bum is too big

April 13th, 2006, 15:07
Edith why are'nt you married? Such a nice boy when not taunting the elderly. :dontknow:

April 13th, 2006, 15:32
Edith why are'nt you married? Such a nice boy when not taunting the elderly. :dontknow:

I'm the happiest person I know.
Everyone I know is married.

When the elderly taunt me, I taunt them right back. I figure anyone who's been around long enough to have more hair in their nose & ears than on their head (And that's the women) and can dish it out; should be able to take it. And if they can't, I can run faster...and longer--till they turn that lovely shade of purple. :colors:

April 13th, 2006, 19:31
And if they can't, I can run faster...and longer--till they turn that lovely shade of purpleWithout making sure you've been named in their Will first?

April 14th, 2006, 15:01
And if they can't, I can run faster...and longer--till they turn that lovely shade of purpleWithout making sure you've been named in their Will first?

Not necessary but, like a banana peel under the wheels of the zimmer frame; it helps--Where there's a will, there's a way.

cottmann
April 14th, 2006, 15:10
Old aunts used to come up to me at weddings, poke me in the ribs and cackle, "You're next!"
They stopped when I started doing the same to them...At funerals.

I used to tell such people that as I had been unable to find happiness with the wives of my friends I doubted that I'd ever find happiness with a wife of my own.