PDA

View Full Version : Its arrived, This is what I call, NOT TO BE MISSED.

cdnmatt
November 19th, 2009, 12:02
Now this is what I call the greatest show on earth

I'll bet you $10,000 dollah I can find a show better than that somewhere on this planet of ours.

November 19th, 2009, 12:17
Have you actually seen this show, this fabulous "phoneme", yet?

cdnmatt
November 19th, 2009, 12:21
[quote="let me tell u":280lpv1k]Now this is what I call the greatest show on earth

I'll bet you $10,000 dollah I can find a show better than that somewhere on this planet of ours.

Of course you can, a stunning boy with his big dick in your mouth, that should shut you up for a few miniutes :dontknow:[/quote:280lpv1k]

hehe... you do realize that sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever, right?

EDIT: Oh right, sorry, I forgot. You haven't learned punctuation yet.

jinks
November 19th, 2009, 13:08
Old news, I told you about it...

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/another-change-chang-mai-t18670.html?hilit=playhouse

November 19th, 2009, 14:10
Amazing, he gets removed as Bottoms Up when we knew he was LMTU then comes back as LMTU when we all know it's Bottoms Up........

:hello1:

Brad the Impala
November 19th, 2009, 15:50
As usual LMTU gets it wrong, presumably an embellished rehash of the the report that jinks previously covered.

All the links provided by LMTU were to the Playhouse in Phuket, which was formerly Sphinx, and opened around two years ago! They opened a new branch in Chiang Mai recently and with much fanfare, which hardly justifies the comments about "revealing a secret", or all new phenomene(sic)! Just another branch of an existing business.

So which show did LMTU attend?

Another Big Secret uncoverd in Thailand, by let me tll you. can now be opened to the rest of the world.

Now this is what I call the greatest show on earth, As the Predators of the jungle, eat the old and the weak, we can already see the new young shoot growing, into a wonderful new world.

The latest sensation to hit the cabaret circuit If you have been to The VENUE SHOW BAR and like me thought it was just a wonderful toe tapping show with the best Costumes in the world as if you was in Las Vegas,

And you have been to the other cabaret shows in Thailand, now go to see, this all new, just opened phoneme, yes I know your saying is this another hype by LMTU ,will let me tell u, I donтАЩt Hype, I tell it as I see it and if I think lots of customers, will love it, I tell you about it, as IтАЩm so excited for you to visit, was I wrong with the VENUE SHOW AND HOTEL NO its packed every NIGHT.

Now this dare I say, is even more creative and pushes to right Buttons for all your tastes buds, to go wild about.

The other day a few of us VIPs were invited to sample the delights of PLAYHOUSE Theater and dining exsperience, with the new boss David Srubsole you will remember him, from the old ICON Days.

As you will see the Old Simon Cabaret Building, has been remodeled transformed, and kept with a wonderful new atmosphere, its is certainly something you should see, lets alone witness, after getting over this fabulous refurbished building, you have seen nothing yet, The Show is something out of this world and when you see it, you tell me, I see what you mean, go and enjoy, you will not be disappointed, as the 300 guest were not, including some of the Thai Royal family in the audiencesтАжThis is the customer you need and will be getting at this fabulous NEW VENUE.

http://www.phuket-travel.com/nightlife/ ... heatre.htm (http://www.phuket-travel.com/nightlife/frameme.php?page=playhouse-theatre.htm)

http://www.phuket-top20-restaurant.com/playhouse.html

http://phuketplayhouse.com

November 19th, 2009, 16:14
Yah, LMTU...what did you attend? The truth for once, please.

Patexpat
November 19th, 2009, 16:18

A simple yet I suspect impossible request BB ....

November 19th, 2009, 16:38

The truth, you have more chance of growing another pair of fluffy ears bunny...........

November 19th, 2009, 17:45
Now now.......be fair bitches.....as LMTU said...read the post....work it out for yourselves.......

LMTU did not claim to have attended.....what he stated was that he had been ..... "invited" to sample the delights.......

Smiles
November 19th, 2009, 17:57
Now now.......be fair bitches.....as LMTU said...read the post....work it out for yourselves.......
LMTU did not claim to have attended.....what he stated was that he had been ..... "invited" to sample the delights.......
... and I thought I was the Queen of Ellipsiae. Think again Smiles ...
... then there's the hardly-unusual time-and-a-half ellipsis with two extra dots (soooo overdone) ... add to that the double and triple ellipsiae which ~ as in figure skating ~ receive 10's all 'round when completed ... though completion in the true spirit of the ellipsis is difficult ... mostly they simply degenerate into a proletarian literary affectation.

November 19th, 2009, 18:39
Like to give us that again smiles? but this time in decipherable english. And not to worry Queeny you are way ahead in the eclipsis stakes.....

Of course most of the rabble won't have a clue as to what you are babbling on about....the rest will of course wonder why you even bothered.

Slow time in Hua Hin i gather? <or maybe> Chasing the Gone Fishing anal mantle are we?

jinks
November 19th, 2009, 18:43
Well then, because LMTU has named my friend, I can add more of the opening night photos.[attachment=4:2g18glhv]_DSC4967.jpg[/attachment:2g18glhv][attachment=3:2g18glhv]_DSC5060.jpg[/attachment:2g18glhv][attachment=2:2g18glhv]_DSC4973.jpg[/attachment:2g18glhv][attachment=1:2g18glhv]_DSC5032.jpg[/attachment:2g18glhv][attachment=0:2g18glhv]_DSC5048.jpg[/attachment:2g18glhv]

November 19th, 2009, 20:53
So which one is LMTU? Please don't tell me the one pawing the little boy.

November 19th, 2009, 21:43

No actually he's the owner/major share holder of the Manathai Group in Thailand. a multi millionaire who far outshines our 'wealthy' poster of gibberish....................

November 19th, 2009, 21:49
Never heard of it, so not impressed.

Does he often like to put his grimy millionaire hands all over little Thai boys?

November 19th, 2009, 22:36
Never heard of it, so not impressed.

http://www.manathai.com/

Brad the Impala
November 19th, 2009, 22:43

No actually he's the owner/major share holder of the Manathai Group in Thailand. a multi millionaire who far outshines our 'wealthy' poster of gibberish....................

And drawing on his hairdressing expertise, he is responsible for such business successes as the Icon chain, which perhaps he is trying to emulate with the Playhouses. The answer to LMTU's promotion for the former, "I don't know how they do it for 100 Baht" the price of a drink, was that they weren't, and the business failed, disappointing many shareholders, I imagine.

November 19th, 2009, 22:54
Two "small boutique hotels"? That's it? And we're supposed to be impressed?

Shall I check and see how much money the business is pulling in?

November 19th, 2009, 23:05
Two "small boutique hotels"? That's it? And we're supposed to be impressed?

Shall I check and see how much money the business is pulling in?

You can do what you like, your original question was is that LMTU....as for the rest of your questions and comments I can neither answer or am interested. Perhaps if you bump into him on your rounds you can ask him face to face........

November 19th, 2009, 23:13
No actually he's the owner/major share holder of the Manathai Group in Thailand

"Creative Director" yes, but I'm not so sure about actual "owner" - that's quite a step from being a freelance
hairdresser and make-up artist ...plying his trade at fashion shows (http://phuket-post.com/article/business-in-phuket/to-the-manathai-born/), even via his hairdressing school in Bangkok and the failed Icon Show Bar / Hotel.

I would never have recognised him from these photos, compared with only ten years ago (http://www.pattayamail.com/284/columns.htm#hd2), which makes me think this is a case of mistaken identity and David Shrubsole (or even Srubsole!) is the one in the black polo shirt, not the one in the blue shirt Beach Dummy was obviously referring to.

November 19th, 2009, 23:19
"Creative Director" yes, but I'm not so sure about actual "owner" - that's quite a step from being a freelance
hairdresser and make-up artist ...plying his trade at fashion shows (http://phuket-post.com/article/business-in-phuket/to-the-manathai-born/), even via his hairdressing school in Bangkok and the failed Icon Show Bar / Hotel.

I would never have recognised him from these photos, compared with only ten years ago (http://www.pattayamail.com/284/columns.htm#hd2).

You are correct there GF but I was referring to the man in the short sleeved blue checked shirt..........

November 19th, 2009, 23:32
Understood Sanook - you posted as I edited!

The rest of us made the mistake of reading what LMTU wrote and referred to the person he named as "the boss" - a stupid mistake, I know, as one should never believe anything LMTU writes.

November 20th, 2009, 05:26

A very interesting article. Thanks for the link. To quote just a little bit of it:

"His arrival in Thailand was one of complete chance. He was on his way home from a fashion show in Europe, and he decided to get off the plane in Bangkok because he was feeling ill. He liked the city so much that he came back a few times, each trip longer than the previous.
Pretty soon he was living and working in Bangkok, making a name for himself with the Banyan Tree Group looking after hair and makeup for the rich and famous as they passed through: Margaret Thatcher, Goldie Hawn and Liz Taylor to name but a few. A chance meeting in a bar with three successful English businessmen gave him the opportunity to apply his creative talent to developing a new hotel business, a challenge he could not resist.
"We all agreed on what was needed to make a successful hotel, and that was pretty much that," Shrubsole says. "I was thinking that the hotel should be like a manor house, and all the staff should have good manners. From that came the prefix тАШMana', add the тАШThai', and Manathai was born."

Not a mention in the article of Icon Hotel Pattaya; Icon Showbar Pattaya; Icon Showbar Bangkok; Icon Hotel Phuket. All businesses that went belly up and all managed by La Shrubsole!
Whatever could be the reason for him deleting that era from his CV? :tongue3:

November 22nd, 2009, 01:17
A very interesting article. Thanks for the link.

The second link (ten years ago), from Successfully Yours in the Pattaya Mail shows how a little poetic licence such as the reason for first coming to Thailand (very different in the two links) can add that special spark of interest.

Bob
November 22nd, 2009, 16:08
The latest sensation to hit the cabaret circuit....

Attended the show last night (Saturday) at 10PM and the good news is that the place has been very nicely refurbished. The show was actually enjoyable subject to the awkwardness that I and my two friends were the only people in the audience.
Some great dancers in the troupe.

I wish them well but I was absolutely dumbfounded (and actually embarrassed a bit) that the entire audience consisted of only the three of us. Given the obvious cost of putting this on, it won't last long without some reasonable attendance by both locals and tourists. I would have thought that Friday and Saturday nights would have been the big nights of the week.

November 22nd, 2009, 17:23
I would say that attendance numbers always varies, but if one looks back over the history of these 'shows' such as Icon when they first set up in Soi 4 Bangkok, moving down to Pattaya and then to Phuket the numbers after the initial intrest have in most cases been low. Perhaps the high season will bring in bigger numbers if touted from the various hotels. Strangly enough with tourist more interest is shown in the Ladyboy cross dressing shows such as Tiffiny's in Pattaya as these are not seen back home......

jinks
November 22nd, 2009, 20:06
when they first set up in Soi 4 Bangkok, moving down to Pattaya and then to Phuket

Pattaya then BKK then HKT. not that it matters but I'm in a pedantic mood..... and counting http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/15.gif

November 22nd, 2009, 20:19
when they first set up in Soi 4 Bangkok, moving down to Pattaya and then to Phuket

Pattaya then BKK then HKT. not that it matters but I'm in a pedantic mood..... and counting http://www.jinks.clara.net/forum/15.gif

Nope I beg to differ, they first set up in what was the old Rome club between Sphinxs and Balconey in Soi 4 Bangkok. They then moved down to Pattaya setting up the show bar just down and opposite to the Icon Hotel which was managed by David Martin who alas is no longer with us. When it was decided to close the Icon Pattaya a Sphinxs Phuket was established with the Icon dancers doing a show there in Phuket. The actual Icon Hotel in Phuket didn't last very long either before that was also closed.........

November 22nd, 2009, 21:20
The latest sensation to hit the cabaret circuit....

Attended the show last night (Saturday) at 10PM and the good news is that the place has been very nicely refurbished. The show was actually enjoyable subject to the awkwardness that I and my two friends were the only people in the audience.

I wish them well but I was absolutely dumbfounded (and actually embarrassed a bit) that the entire audience consisted of only the three of us. Given the obvious cost of putting this on, it won't last long without some reasonable attendance by both locals and tourists. I would have thought that Friday and Saturday nights would have been the big nights of the week.

Why should Shrubsole give a toss about whether it's successful or not - it's not his money.

Just like the millions he squandered from the Icon investors, he doesn't care who invests the capital or where it comes from (pensions, life savings etc.) as long as money is there for him to spend on his ""Concepts""

Jinks is correct when he says that Icon showbar Pattaya came before the Bangkok Icon showbar.

The name David Martin comes up again with the new group. David Martin (decd.) was an investor in Icon and became the manager in Pattaya. The new David Martin is shown here:

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/download/file.php?id=1817&t=1

and is the man in the blue shirt.

The Thai guy in the middle is Eak (Shrubsole's boyfriend) and many of us can still remember him playing volleyball on Dongtan beach and being available for the right money after the game. What a pair of iCon artists.

jinks
November 22nd, 2009, 21:28
Told you so......

The first shows were around and ON the swimming pool at the Icon Hotel !

Icon Show Bar (Under Mr Mac's Hotel) Pattaya 1999 - 2000

Icon (Old Rome club) BKK 2000 - 2001

Icon Show Bar (bottom of the hill from the hotel)

Then Phuket

David Martin RIP
http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/images/frontpage/thai/davidicon.jpg

November 22nd, 2009, 21:33
Let me guess...these guys are not Friends of Jinks. Otherwise the whole thread would have been deleted.

jinks
November 22nd, 2009, 21:42
Let me guess...these guys are not Friends of jinks. Otherwise the whole thread would have been deleted.

Not so.... how else would I be able to post the opening night photos. And have these two for example.

Circa 2000.... upstairs at the Icon Hotel.
http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/pattaya/icon00/images/06_jpg.jpg

2007 BACKSTAGE @ the Sphinx, Phuket.
http://www.jinkscorp.com/holidays/thai/phuket/sphinx07/images/Pc280009_jpg.jpg

November 23rd, 2009, 16:18
Let me guess...these guys are not Friends of jinks. Otherwise the whole thread would have been deleted.

Not so.... how else would I be able to post the opening night photos.

By copying them from their web sites, and from the links given here, as others have done?

And have these two for example.

Which one's you?

November 23rd, 2009, 16:59
[quote="Beach Bunny":3j4xe1jy]Let me guess...these guys are not Friends of jinks. Otherwise the whole thread would have been deleted.

Not so.... how else would I be able to post the opening night photos.

By copying them from their web sites, and from the links given here, as others have done?

And have these two for example.

Which one's you?[/quote:3j4xe1jy]

I should think that jinks name to fame is moderating this site.............

jinks
November 23rd, 2009, 20:23

These as far as I know are not on any website, they are hosted on one of the 6 servers that I buy space on.

November 24th, 2009, 04:55
.................The other day a few of us VIPs............

Now I'm not one who indulges in the petty infighting that goes on in this forum (I prefer to insult everybody equally) but I REALLY have to ask as to what exactly qualifies you as a VIP? As I seem to be one of the few who do not know you, I am keen to learn.

Is it like an Alcazar VIP? - whereby if you pay an extra 100Baht you get a VIP seat with more width, and a glass of beer during the show?

And while you're at it - who were the other VIPs in this select band of international celebrities strutting round Jomtiem?

I think we should be told.

:hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :hello2:

December 7th, 2009, 12:45

Does anyone have any more news on this place?
Was the good show just for the grand opening or is it worth going to see any night?
Have the number attending gone up?
I am making a 2 day trip to CM soon and will drop in if the show is worth seeing. If not then it's Powerboys and the other gogo's that will get my attention.