View Full Version : Bad Service at Wild West Boys Pattaya

zinzone
November 18th, 2009, 11:38
Last night went to WW Boys, and the service was appallingly bad and incompetent. Also those on the stage looked totally bored and uninterested in anything.
On leaving the waitor made a bit of a show of the change menu when I refused to leave any tip.
I for one will not be returning to that place in a hurry.
Have others had similar experiences there recently?

stevehadders
November 18th, 2009, 17:01
I hope this was a one off - I am back in a few weeks and was looking forward to a visit to WWB :crybaby:

November 18th, 2009, 18:04
I hope this was a one off - I am back in a few weeks and was looking forward to a visit to WWB :crybaby:

I'm not surprised that the guys get bored being on stage...same routine every day and probably making very little money most nights. I'd imagine if you sit at a table that is spending some money that you'll rarely get the stink-eye. I only went to WW once (3 weeks ago) but it was with a group and we had a good time.

stevehadders
November 18th, 2009, 18:34
Good to hear - and it makes sense - go to work every day, no off, no money then of course you are not going to be bouncing off the walls!! I will be in with a few friends, and we certainly enjoy ourselves, and we always have very friendly service everywhere - a little tip goes a long way (mmmm!)

November 18th, 2009, 21:24
we always have very friendly service everywhere - a little tip goes a long way (mmmm!)

Sure enough...call a couple boys down for drinks (or if someone at your table offs one) then everybody's happy.

TrongpaiExpat
November 18th, 2009, 22:02
Last night went to WW Boys, and the service was appallingly bad and incompetent.

How so? What was bad and what was incompetent?

colmx
November 19th, 2009, 05:46
Went there once on my recent trip:

Shite show... Thai skit that all the Thai boys smirked at (but hardly liked) and the Farangs hated
Followed by endless enigma songs with slow dances and masked dancers

On top of that we had the usual mamasan demands to buy it a drink... WWB is truly a sad reflection of its former self

Gone from Best pattayaland bar to possibly the worst in 15 month in my opinion

blazer
November 19th, 2009, 10:16
Wild West Boys was my favorite show bar in Pattaya when last visited February/March and previous trips. Even went there 2 nights in a row and show was completely different. Always entertaining and not a cheap production either.

This was in spite of Mama Leila who was perhaps the worst Mamason ever anywhere. But at least she was personable and you could always say no to her drink request.

So am sorry to hear the show has changed and not the same place as it used to be. Always remember it fondly.

Patexpat
November 19th, 2009, 11:55
I used to go at least once - may be twice - a week to see the show, but after my last visit where the music was played WAY too loud for me (ok, may be I'm getting old) a reflection I think on the new owner who also runs Dave Man Club, who doesn't appreciate that the audience at WWB is NOT that of Dave Man Club .... sad because I have enjoyed many visits there over the years.

cdnmatt
November 19th, 2009, 12:05
WWB sucks monkey balls, or at least when I was there. Too much Western theme, the boys don't seem enthusiastic about working at all, the mamasan is trying to sell me a condo, the drinks are expensive, the music is shitty, and on top of that, the boys weren't even that good looking.

Thanks, but no thanks.

zinzone
November 19th, 2009, 12:14
Last night went to WW Boys, and the service was appallingly bad and incompetent.

Had to ask twice for some service and to order our drinks and then it was done reluctantly. The drinks order was specific and moreover made in Thai by a native speaker in our group. Yet out of the 3 drinks ordered , only one correct, the other two had to be sent back as one drink had ice in it, and was expressly ordered without, and the other drink sent back was vodka when GT was asked for.

We did, by the way, have one from the stage sitting with us for a short while but he clearly wanted to be elsewhere and he was made to feel very uncomfortable by a persistent and unpleasant dragged up mama san in the bar.

November 19th, 2009, 16:30
Went to WWB last night and was unplesasantly surprised to see that MAMA LEILA is back at work. She appeared a little subdued last night, no demand for drinks, tips, buying condo, etc. Seemed like the number of boys had been reduced and most of them were lethargic. I moved on to Sunee, and at a well known bar, true to what another poster said recently, I was invited to off a pixie-ish boy who "will be 18 in two months".

Surfcrest
November 23rd, 2009, 06:51
I've been there quite a few times recently....and remember what it was like before, after it first opened.
Yes, they do seem to like Enigma, it's always been a main staple of both their shows and the interludes between shows. Now the interlude is the theme from Star Wars. Perhaps I'm going deaf from listening to my iPod every day to drown out the sound of hawkers down at the beach, but I didn't find the music volume too bad. I usually sit just to the left or to the right of the front door when you enter. The service seems to be always pretty good in these two areas...as is the view. I've seen a pretty ugly mamasan there, but never met her or spoken to her....it....yet. The usual waiters look after the areas where we like to sit, they usually keep an I on me and the b.f, in case we want something and 20 baht has been enough with the tip (on a couple of drinks)...they usually smile when we leave and are happy to see us when we return.
As for the shows...pretty good for Pattaya standards I would say. Not Bangkok by any means, but okay when you factor in the price difference between Pattaya and Bangkok. Yes, the drag stuff is тАЬvery tiredтАЭ, but for some reason it has always found its way into Thailand shows...like the finger nail waving stuff at the regular cultural shows that I also dislike, but endure. I have come to accept this as the тАЬnon-WesternтАЭ part of all these shows.
There is always some variation to the Wild West shows from night to night. You can't go there тАЬonce on my recent tripтАЭ and say that it is / was or that it is a тАЬsad reflection of its former selfтАЭ. If anything, its better than its former self...although marginally. If you want an example of a bar that is truly a sad reflection of its former self in Pattayaland, Boyz Boyz Boyz is the saddest especially if you've witnessed the 20 years of evolution to what it is today from the late eighties.
Anyway, put the boys up on any cold stage in almost any Thai club, in their undies with a number pinned on and you will undoubtedly find shifting from foot to foot, yawns and bored looking faces. Not everywhere and certainly not with every boy in the joint, but there's enough of it out there.
Back to the Wild West show though, the dancers (Thai ballerinas) have always looked quite enthusiastic every time I've seen them. The choreography is usually well timed, varies from night to night....sometimes the odd part of their costume falls off, but hey...it isn't Broadway now is it? The more macho boys version of slow dancing possibly not as energetic...but some of them have a bit of junk hanging down under their veils and you wouldn't want them injuring that in the show if you are planning on taking one later now, would you?
Of course if Sunne boys are your thing, Wild West Boys may not be for you either. Surely though there needs to be an option other than the slim little things that Pattaya has an abundance of both in Pattayaland, Sunne and at the beach. Both A-Bomb and Wild West have some bigger boys as an alternative in Pattaya...this isn't to say that some of them aren't straight and probably won't perform much for you away from the stage...but this rings true for Bangkok as well unless you get lucky.
If you know which of the Wild West Boys sucks monkey balls let me know, I've been looking for a good tea bagging,

November 23rd, 2009, 09:04
If you know which of the Wild West Boys sucks monkey balls let me know, I've been looking for a good tea bagging,

:sign5:

November 27th, 2009, 16:26
I've been there quite a few times recently....and remember what it was like before......this isn't to say that some of them aren't straight and probably won't perform much for you away from the stage...If you know which of the Wild West Boys sucks monkey balls let me know, I've been looking for a good tea bagging,

WW boys' shows look like child-play comparing to the shows at NAB. but then you are right factoring the price difference between bangkok and pattaya (the whole NAB club is landed from bangkok out of nowhere). however, i havent been there for almost 6 months but i hope the mamasan would be different under new ownership. the ones there were annoying and beyond industry-standard untruthful about their boys. :sign3:

globalwanderer
December 2nd, 2009, 21:05
Went to WWB this week.

The new owners have shaken things up but i diod not experience bad service.

I did not enjoy their 'birthday' show, but the other nights were old "WWB' like.

I know a few of teh dancers and they are enjoying it more under new management

December 3rd, 2009, 07:44
WW boys' shows look like child-play

maybe a poor choice of words?

December 19th, 2009, 18:18
i am sorry to bring this boring topic up again. but just that i was at WWB last week just to see if things would be different, it turns out to be another great disaster. there were at most 2/3 or even only 1/2 boys than it used to be. i was approached by a mamasen in drag, as big-boned and tall as the previous one. though in drag that mamamen was totally butch and was pushing hard. he asked bluntly if i were looking to take one of his boys home, and then he started to treat me like a newbie and wrote exaggerated prices down for boys (ie B2000 ST, and B2500 LT). he was trying to be "helpful" by writing down the numbers of the boys he thought i would be interested in; but sorry i told him that i preferred to pick my own guy. after numerous attempts he finally gave up and bug the other remaining single male customer instead. one thing though, yes there were more and more st8 couples and tourists making me uncomfortable. they were checking the show AND me out. anyway, i paid for my half-drank beer and went to a-bomb instead.

CoffeeBreak
December 20th, 2009, 09:10
i am sorry to bring this boring topic up again. but just that i was at WWB last week just to see if things would be different, it turns out to be another great disaster. there were at most 2/3 or even only 1/2 boys than it used to be. i was approached by a mamasen in drag, as big-boned and tall as the previous one. though in drag that mamamen was totally butch and was pushing hard. he asked bluntly if i were looking to take one of his boys home, and then he started to treat me like a newbie and wrote exaggerated prices down for boys (ie B2000 ST, and B2500 LT). he was trying to be "helpful" by writing down the numbers of the boys he thought i would be interested in; but sorry i told him that i preferred to pick my own guy. after numerous attempts he finally gave up and bug the other remaining single male customer instead. one thing though, yes there were more and more st8 couples and tourists making me uncomfortable. they were checking the show AND me out. anyway, i paid for my half-drank beer and went to a-bomb instead.

-it is not a boring topic so no need be sorry.

In my opinion and that of others the mama san(s) at WWB must be the worst in Thailand( and we surely do not need a poll to confirm that).
As to the straight customers eye balling us at WWB, that has gone on for years and is very uncomfortable as we become part of the show.
I do not go to WWB anymore and would not recommend the place. A few times in the past I have spoken to boys working there, and not taken them as there as always been a problem one way or other, which more than likely is caused by the evil M/S.

TrongpaiExpat
December 20th, 2009, 09:40
A a bar in Phuket, forgot which one, I was sitting with my BF watching the show and this straight couple keep looking at us. It was getting rude. I tried just ignoring them and then even tried staring back. Finally, I said, "What are you looking at" The farang male responded, looking at you and he pointed to his wife and raised his eyebrows. So, what do you want, you want me to fuck your wife, I asked? The wife smiled and nodded and the male said, OK as long as I can watch. Ahhh...um, I have a BF. No problem, he can fuck her after you or we can all do each other.

January 4th, 2010, 04:41

The drinks order was specific and moreover made in Thai by a native speaker in our group. Yet out of the 3 drinks ordered , only one correct, the other two had to be sent back as one drink had ice in it, and was expressly ordered without, and the other drink sent back was vodka when GT was asked for...

I really don't like to write negative comments about bars, but I think that fair reporting is important and helpful to customers. Anyway, I had a very similar experience at Wild West Boys in September.

In my case, after sitting for perhaps 5+ minutes... I had ordered a coke and it came as a Jack & Coke. I couldn't drink booze (medical issue) and explained the mistake and asked politely for them to replace the drink with what I had ordered. Long story short, they bluntly refused and said I just had to drink that one and then they'd get me the 'plain coke' next time. No matter how hard I tried to explain, they could not (would not) understand that I could not drink the Jack Daniels. I just paid and left, even though it was pouring down rain (and I'm sure they thought they had a captive customer). Had they been more polite about it, I'd have simply offered the Jack to one of the boys and purchased another coke and probably many more after that.

I guess the fact that my family has been in the live ent. bar/tavern business (USA) for many years just made me a bit too short with this poor service (I'm normally very tolerant of the professionally inept), but it truly was bad service. Hopefully, they'll improve in the customer service area as it seems like a nice enough bar otherwise.