PDA

View Full Version : If money were no object

November 18th, 2009, 01:29
:crybaby:

Instead of carrying over, it turns out I will have to take the remaining of annual leave in December latest. With all the projects in hand I can only take it during the Christmas week but I find the airfare to Bangkok/Pattaya impossible. Still debating whether I should pay twice or three times as much for airfare; but the touch of soft skin and smile on their face seem too hard to resist. Decision decision decision.vv :8(

Brad the Impala
November 18th, 2009, 01:38
What are your alternatives, and where would you be coming from? If you look around harder, you can usually find a reasonable price at that time, especially if you are prepared to travel indirectly.

November 18th, 2009, 02:11
Still debating whether I should pay twice or three times as much for airfare; but the touch of soft skin and smile on their face seem too hard to resist.

If you're talking 3x from Vancouver then that's a lot of money. Hotels also surcharge that time of year, so it'd be an expensive trip.

So many other places you could try if the fares are better...Philippines, Indonesia, Vietnam, or Brazil. There are a lot of places that I'd like to see but I'll let Thailand have my attention for next year's holidays.

cdnmatt
November 18th, 2009, 03:18
I found flights on expedia.ca for $1870 CAD from YVR to BKK during the Christmas week. That's not exactly two or three times the usual rate.

Or if you're somehow getting $620 return flights, would love to hear where from!

anakot
November 18th, 2009, 09:17
:crybaby:

Instead of carrying over, it turns out I will have to take the remaining of annual leave in December latest. With all the projects in hand I can only take it during the Christmas week but I find the airfare to Bangkok/Pattaya impossible. Still debating whether I should pay twice or three times as much for airfare; but the touch of soft skin and smile on their face seem too hard to resist. Decision decision decision.vv :8(

I suppose you are in Honkouver and not in Hong Kong. Have just got here from HK for $HKD1600 + $HKD420tax with Thai Airways. http://www.zuji.com/ have all sorts of deals.

November 18th, 2009, 11:22
He is right. I just checked Expedia and its about 3x the normal amount (From The States). That sucks...

November 18th, 2009, 21:39
:rolling:

i am from vancouver originally but i am working in hong kong now. i am a cheap ass cos i used to pay USD200 from hkg to bkk and now i realize i will have to pay usd400. i know usd400 is a steal for most of you guys in the states or europe. it's just me.

Brad the Impala
November 18th, 2009, 21:58
I think that you have just blown the sympathy vote!

November 18th, 2009, 22:43
I think that you have just blown the sympathy vote!

I'd say so. I'm coming for just a week next April and my flight was around $1200.

If I lived in HK I'd probably be taking 4-day weekends in Thailand...the flight can't be very long, either.

cdnmatt
November 19th, 2009, 04:21
If it helps any, AirAsia, HKG to BKK on Dec 22nd - 29th for 2368 HKD ($305 USD). I don't think that's too expensive at all. It's an extra $100, big deal.

Please don't tell me you're one of those guys who tries to barter a boy down from 1000 baht to 700 baht.

colmx
November 19th, 2009, 05:48
take the turbojet to macau and fly airasa from there
or fly low cost to Singapore/KL and overland from there
Lateral thinking is needed stockguy :lam: