PDA

View Full Version : X-Ray re-opens... Now known as Skan?

colmx
November 17th, 2009, 04:46
Hi All
One of my Gayromeo buddies tells me that X-Ray has re-opened and is now known as Skan?

He also tells me it is open very late - Like T&T

Has anyone else heard or been to Skan yet?

Personally i can't stand NAB, the staff there are very arrogant and not at all friendly like Dave man Club Or X-ray

As a fan of x-ray in both its previous incarnations i can't wait for it to re-open

Anybody have any news?

Thanks in Advance!

thrillbill
November 17th, 2009, 17:55
It will be hard to beat NAB. The dancers are hot (not the skinny nelly type); super club lighting; the shows are creative and professionally done (for Pattaya),if you're into club music, it is trendy; and many of the guys that go there on weekends are from Bangkok or elsewhere--nice change from the usual "commercial Pattaya boys" that make the rounds...beach, Panorama, BoyzBoyz, then NAB. My Thai bf and I do have a complaint...if you're not with a big group around the small table ordering bottles of whiskey and the works, some waiters tend to eventually give your table to a large group arriving late since there are just two of you. (Yes, we are ordering drinks) (and no, the table isn't reserved for anyone)

To me, Dave's Man club is a different set up...basically for picking up a coyote dancer. And I agree, the place is friendlier there.

November 17th, 2009, 19:17
It will be hard to beat NAB. The dancers are hot (not the skinny nelly type); super club lighting; the shows are creative and professionally done (for Pattaya),if you're into club music, it is trendy.

There are a handful of gay venues in Thailand that wouldn't be out of place in the West, and NAB is one of them. It's priced accordingly. I've only been there once but the waiter for our table was polite. We did order a bottle, it seems to be the way things are done and it's undoubtedly cheaper.

colmx
November 18th, 2009, 03:57
It will be hard to beat NAB. The dancers are hot (not the skinny nelly type); .
Hi Thrillbill
Can't say i agree with you here... The Coyotes in NAB are 90% what my BF and his friends called Pretty Coyotes (and that was not meant as a compliment!)

The Model guys were quite Beefy - but all everyone in our group agreed that most were quite gruesome facially!

The shows are creative and professionally done (for Pattaya
We actually saw the same show repeated in NAB and dave one night!

To me, Dave's Man club is a different set up...basically for picking up a coyote dancer. And I agree, the place is friendlier there

Glad we agree here

Although i imagine that the new Skan/X-ray will eventually kill off Dave - although its owner is reputed to be the mayor... so maybe it will manage to keep going!

Alaan
November 18th, 2009, 05:35
It just goes to show the differing views ......my bf and i visited NAB for the first time in October and we both liked it very much... but liked it in the same way we liked Maya...then X-Ray...then JJ PUB.... then Dudes....then Dave Man Club....we essentially view them all virtually the same.....just slight decor differences and obviously the locations..... same tiny cube tables....virtually same prices for bottles and same annoying check bin styles....back and fore with a new bill (whether you pay then or just sign the back)after they have asked the drunkest in your party to replace 2 sodas and a coke..then 1ice bucket ...then 2 waters and a coke.... all have had only very slight differing Coyote styles and shows... but if i was beamed down to any one of them i probably couldn't tell one from the other.....katoey joking comedians..... a show.... and the latest popular music....

The lay-out of NAB was good...it is a straight/easy motocy or baht-bus drive along from Pattayaland..not as far as Xray and Hollywood.... the shows (well the ones i saw anyway) were ok...i actually enjoyed the EL Duo stint later in the evening as at least they sang live and sang well......also there is a nice place to sit outside if you are a smoker or you just fancy a breather(not quite a terrace but plenty of comfy upholstered benches)...and saw quite a few guys hook up here as at least you can hear what someone is saying.....the place itself is very attractive and upscale looking...but once you are settled inside and you see familiar faces it just kinda melts into the background...when you go the second time it just becomes another venue.

Crowd of course at all these places is the same....the same word of mouth crowd that popularises one venue and deserts another to the point of closure...... i still saw some of the same guys at NAB as i see at the all the other late night discos of the past.......

The only real difference we noticed at NAB was that there were many more farangs than used to go to the other discos...... I mean it is like anything else in Pattaya in relation to gay bars and discos.......the coyotes and staff constantly change and it is hard to say one has a particular style of dancer...you look at the dancers and you either find someone attractive to your personal taste or you don't same as when you go to gogo or host bars.....

I used to like Dudes and Xray simply because Lek the manager/mamsan/waiting staff boss always got me a good table no matter what time we arrived....that was worth its weight in whatever venue more than the music/show/coyotes/lay-out....
With reference to the staff at all the aformentioned venues i haven't found any one place to have specifically good or bad table service...it all depends on the night and who serves your individual table..... and to be honest i dont go to off coyotes at any of these places as i already had either guys i had picked up during the evening or more recently my bf and anyone else we ask to join us.....

So if Skan is still going in January we will certainly give it a try during our week in Pattaya...........i'll also be interested to hear any further updates or info .

colmx
November 18th, 2009, 06:15
Hi Alaan

Agree entirely about how "word of mouth crowd that popularises one venue and deserts another to the point of closure"
Its amazing how fickle the gay boys in Pattaya are!

Lek is managing in Dave these days
Still as friendly and welcoming as he has been in all his previous positions

For me he has got to be one of the least annoying mamasans in the Business... Which i guess makes him one of the best!

colmx
November 23rd, 2009, 01:05
So Anybody been to this "Skan" yet?
Would love to hear any reports!

martin911
November 24th, 2009, 19:12
So Anybody been to this "Skan" yet?
Would love to hear any reports!
Hi Colmx
I only heard about this place last week but as yet have not visited it,will make an effort to go this week

yes it is a late bar on the same lines as t&t,and is owned by the xray owner,will be hard to see it doing well tho purely because Nab and Dave stay open righr up to 6 am every morning-- t&t doesnt get that much of a crowd (and it takes very little to fill it anaway)most nights-- and the xray premises is far bigger as u know--anyway i am out most nights here so i will check it out

On another note there is a big crackdown in Bkk the last 3 weeks or so --All the late nite venues (inc thai places ) are now closing at 2--yes 2 am--there is talk that god will not survive if it goes on much--however its sending a lot of guys from bkk to pattaya to party at the weekends--music in nab has changed in the last while also ,much more like the type they play at god --much better
I frequent Nab most nights and i cannot remember any problems with rude staff,only the pests in the toilets
when are u back here then ??

colmx
November 25th, 2009, 00:28
Hi Martin
back in Thailand this day 5 weeks!
My Understanding is that Skan was opening across the street from Hollywood... not sure if this is true or not though!

Altough Dave is an ok replacement for my late nights out... We have decided to give NAB another go... although when i get there will be around the new year so right in the middle of high season...

I'm still trying to figure out which of the (ex x-ray)Coyotes in NAB is ur BF :dontknow:

martin911
December 5th, 2009, 14:11
Hi Graham

just in from SCAN,was where u said it was (not in the old xray premises as i thought )we went there after Nab club tonight
but same owner as xray ----------------- scan/ xray get it ??
its about 2 shopplace wide ,but very well kitted out for a club ( the guys told me that t n t has now closed )

Music was very good ,along the lines of GOD in bangkok,plenty of small stages for the guys to dance , and the usual menu re whiskey etc

all in all a good spot to go if u dont want to go home at 5/6 am

a step up from t nt ,but i must say that old place wasnt so bad either --not too many places where u can dance ur ass off at 8 in the morning surrounded by a gaggle of cute thai boys

cheers

aussie_
December 5th, 2009, 16:41
[quote="colmx"]Hi Martin
back in Thailand this day 5 weeks!
My Understanding is that Skan was opening across the street from Hollywood... not sure if this is true or not though![quote]

Is that the Holywood Club in North Pattaya?

thrillbill
December 6th, 2009, 00:13
...So where is the EXACT location? And is the Mr. Mofia guy still in control?

colmx
December 6th, 2009, 00:15
HI Martin
Thanks for the update!

4 weeks till i get back to Pattaya so I'm sure we will check SCAN out a few nights when we are there!

Does it only get going after NAB?
Or is it open earlier?

How do the Coyotes and staff compare to NAB?

Aussie_:
Yes it is the Hollywood in North Pattaya (off 3rd road/behind Big C)

martin911
December 6th, 2009, 11:57
HI Martin
Thanks for the update!

4 weeks till i get back to Pattaya so I'm sure we will check SCAN out a few nights when we are there!

Does it only get going after NAB?
Or is it open earlier?

How do the Coyotes and staff compare to NAB?

Aussie_:
Yes it is the Hollywood in North Pattaya (off 3rd road/behind Big C)

Hi --looks like i will miss seeing u on this trip again,i will be in the phillipines over that time period(now there is a spot i heartily
reccomend to any one,,horny,horny guys ,mostly non commercial also-its only 3 hours away )
However u are staying in Mosaik again --u can keep an eye out for my bf,he will be staying in our room while i am away (u were wondering which of the ex xray coyotes he was in another post )hands to yourself please !!
Which of the old xray gang did u know ??--some just recently( Dom and Phoon ) are just started back at nab,i really have such a good time with a particular bunch of coyotes at nab -friends of my guy-they know your hooked up already so there is non of the usual false punting going on --they know N would kill them haha-- no they are a good bunch of guys to hang out with,and alswaya insist on sharing for the whiskeys/mixers

Re Scan we left nab at 5 ish and went to scan,about 25 people inside,and not sure what time it opened at,
we left at 10.30am and about the same number of people still there--no coyotes there that night,but there is meant to be ,i know 1 guy who was asked if he would work there,staff were nice --then again i was in a very "happy"frame of mind at the time --
Bf s birthday tonite so there is every chance we will end up there again tonite-
rest of Pattaya is the same,no numbers in the gogo bars,boytown quiet,except for copa at showtime,beer bars in sunne reasonably busy--i dont bother wirh the bar scenr too much - i prefer the clubs ,dave man holding its own also,good music-
But shock horror -nab have started using el duo in one the of the sets--big mistake,even the thai croud are not impressed,they really bring a downer to the place at 4 in the morning just when a good dj is cranking it up -brought me crashing back to reality the other nite haha--hopefully they wont be kept