PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok night

thaiguest
November 15th, 2009, 16:03
Flew into Bangkok from Siem Reap on the same day the Thai Chinaman with the assumed name Thaksin arrived there. The few cambodians who talked about his visit seemed a bit bemused about the whole thing.
Anyway to more serious matters; my night in Bangkok.
Stayed in the Suriwong Hotel, 3rd. floor, superior double @ 1440 b. including breakfast. Good room, friendly staff, fine breakfast and no joiner fee.
Saw a bar down a narrow soi off Rama 4 (between Silom and Suriwong) and went to investigate. A few small boys outside (?) but inside a stable of maybe 5 or 6 strapping lads hanging around in the gloom. One joined me for a drink; tall, dark and handsome if a little scruffy. He told me of the short-time room upstairs and invited me there. I put the proposal off to a future date but he made it known to me that he would be very pleased if we went then and there as he had urgent business to attend to in Isarn on the morrow to do with rice harvesting. After a little small talk I paid my 260 baht bill and went to Soi Twilight.
The boys in the beer bars there had little good to say about the bar I had just left and a few advised me not to go there again.
Went into one of the Go-Go bars to see a show. I was charged 260 baht for a bottle of beer. I asked the mamasam about the price hike and she in a roundabout way explained that it was bar policy at the moment, gived the present downturn, to screw a small number of customers rather than waste valuable time and resources not screwing a large number of customers.
I then went to the soi round the corner from The Tarntawan, I think it may be called Soi Tawan. The best bar there in my opinion was The Solid Bar and I visited all of them. I would award second place to Super A Bar.
Solid bar is run by two mature Thai gentlemen in pinstriped jackets and ties knotted not in the windsor style. The boys sit by the wall on the right as you enter and take it in turns to dance in threes on the small stage for the titillation and arousal of the customers, like it used to be in the old days. They included all shapes and types and all seemed to be halal... well maybe one or two a year short of halal but no more. The boys did not approach the customer until invited to do so. This is in contast to the bar further down the soi and on the other side of the street wherein I was mauled, kneaded and massaged by the whole stable at once. The mamasam's solution when I objected was for me to spend 1500 baht on drinks for everyone. All drinks in the Solid are 150 baht and the off fee is 300 baht, all in all the best value and venue in town at the moment, in my view.
I enjoyed my visit to Super A when I finally got through to everybody that I did not wish to mauled by the whole regiment of boys together. There are a few very handsome boys available there right now.
Overall a good night in Bangkok.

TrongpaiExpat
November 15th, 2009, 17:24
I am guessing that " bar down a narrow soi off Rama 4 (between Silom and Suriwong) is My Way. It's seen better days. Charlee the co-owner or manager died but the bar did not, technically. I dropped in a few weeks ago but everyone was asleep, they did not know I arrived and left.

I am also guessing by the price of the drinks you were in one of the BBB group bars? You see a show?

You did not name but bars but your staying at the Suriwong Hotel for 1440 b? Has that place been res erected from it's former glory as a short time hotel? I have not been there in many years but the boys all want to go to BBB Inn for short time and shun the Suriwong.

You liked the Super A Bar? The first person I ever heard that from are you sure you were really in the Super A? That was the place many years ago but now it's quite a dump, poorly managed and the boys look like something on a jail work release program.

November 15th, 2009, 20:42
Cosher?

x in pattaya
November 15th, 2009, 20:50
Cosher?

Either he means someone who frequently uses the hyperbolic cosine or, more probably, "kosher."

November 15th, 2009, 22:18
[quote="Beach Bunny":kmbye2cy]Cosher?

Either he means someone who frequently uses the hyperbolic cosine or, more probably, "kosher."[/quote:kmbye2cy]

No, he means someone who is using a cosh

thaiguest
November 16th, 2009, 17:40
I am guessing that " bar down a narrow soi off Rama 4 (between Silom and Suriwong) is My Way. It's seen better days. Charlee the co-owner or manager died but the bar did not, technically. I dropped in a few weeks ago but everyone was asleep, they did not know I arrived and left.

I am also guessing by the price of the drinks you were in one of the BBB group bars? You see a show?

You did not name but bars but your staying at the Suriwong Hotel for 1440 b? Has that place been res erected from it's former glory as a short time hotel? I have not been there in many years but the boys all want to go to BBB Inn for short time and shun the Suriwong.

You liked the Super A Bar? The first person I ever heard that from are you sure you were really in the Super A? That was the place many years ago but now it's quite a dump, poorly managed and the boys look like something on a jail work release program.

I think all the drink prices are much the same where ever you go to see a show in Soi Twilight.
The Suriwong management has totally refurbished the 3rd. floor and the rooms are very comfortable and clean but two of the rooms on this floor have no windows.
As regards the Super A I had a pleasant time there and took off one of the boys. Maybe he was on a jail release programme but I was happy to have him locked up in my room until breakfast time next morning.
Yes I recall the bar off Rama 4 was My Way. The negative remarks regarding it by some boys on Twilight may have been down to inter-bar rivalry in the same way that nobody working in Pattayaland has a good word to say about Sunee Plaza and more recently, Jomtien.

Brad the Impala
November 16th, 2009, 19:33
Yes I recall the bar off Rama 4 was My Way. The negative remarks regarding it by some boys on Twilight may have been down to inter-bar rivalry in the same way that nobody working in Pattayaland has a good word to say about Sunee Plaza and more recently, Jomtien.

I think that there is a little more justification for the comments than that. I can't recall when I last heard or read a positive comment on this venue, although I do remember enjoying myself there some 20 years ago.