PDA

View Full Version : Bangkok Hotel

davidwilsoon
November 14th, 2009, 22:45
I need recomendations on a value hotel in Bangkok. It would be nice if it is in the Silom / Suriwong area but something close to the MRT Subway or BTS Skytrain would also work. Prefer a place with digitial safe in room, 600 - 1200 baht, secure, safe area, and no problems with joiners. This would be for Nov 2009.

Thanks

November 14th, 2009, 23:16
Om Yim.
Right next to BTS station. 10 min walk to gogo bars. Bringing a guest back is almost expected.

Beachlover
November 15th, 2009, 17:45
Ballys Studio Silom (there are two in Bangkok) has comfortable standard rooms for 1,800 (website says 2,400 but they will go down to 1,800) if your budget stretches that far. Superb location right next to DJ Station and next to the skytrain.

http://www.ballys-studio.com/silom/view ... ?page_id=1 (http://www.ballys-studio.com/silom/viewpage.php?page_id=1)

November 15th, 2009, 18:16
Ballys Studio Silom (there are two in Bangkok) has comfortable standard rooms for 1,800

That is out of the OP's price range but I had a Thai friend recommend it as well. Hard to beat the location and I will probably stay there on my next visit.

colmx
November 15th, 2009, 19:26
You can get the Ibis Sathorn for around 1000B per night
The hotel is around 1 year old and they have a complimentarty shuttle but to the MRT station...
Or its only 40B in a taxi

TrongpaiExpat
November 15th, 2009, 20:01
You can get the Ibis Sathorn for around 1000B per night
The hotel is around 1 year old and they have a complimentarty shuttle but to the MRT station...
Or its only 40B in a taxi

Or, 20 motocy or walk for free, should be 10B but that's a Thai price and this is in a farang zone. You also have to be the only person that I have heard of that gives a good report and likes the Ibis/Sathorn.

Ballys Studio Silom (there are two in Bangkok) has comfortable standard rooms for 1,800 (website says 2,400 but they will go down to 1,800) if your budget stretches that far. Superb location right next to DJ Station and next to the skytrain.

I have been told that there's no noise in the rooms. Remarkable given it sits on top of DJ station and the BTS rumbles by right in front of the place. Also, everyone I have spoke to really likes the rooms.

Om Yim is an exceptional bargain given the quality of the rooms. As such, it's popular and not always easy to book a room.

Beachlover
November 16th, 2009, 09:07
Ballys Studio Silom (there are two in Bangkok) has comfortable standard rooms for 1,800

That is out of the OP's price range but I had a Thai friend recommend it as well. Hard to beat the location and I will probably stay there on my next visit.

Yes... the rooms are nice, bathrooms are nice and location is unbeatable. All new fittings as well.

Just be aware there's little to no natural light in the rooms, which make them a little depressing. Doesn't matter at all if you spend most of your time out of the room. There's also no decent desk... aside from a little thing up against the mirror/wall beside the TV... which doesn't matter if you're not working.

cdnmatt
November 16th, 2009, 09:12
There's also no decent desk... aside from a little thing up against the mirror/wall beside the TV... which doesn't matter if you're not working.

You know, I guess I've always taken a decent working desk, or at least a kitchen table for granted until I moved to the new loom. I have to admit, that is a pretty important factor, and I should really get myself setup with that soon. Then again, working from bed in your boxers (and in Thailand!) isn't that bad either. :-)

Especially when the BF shows up. Just throw the laptop to the side, and you're ready for a good cuddling session, while you talk about your day. :-)

Beachlover
November 16th, 2009, 17:12
Haha... yeah, amazing what a difference it makes to have a descent work desk. And in a nice spot... next to a window and not against he wall too.

Boxers in bed is nice... but after a few 8-hour days your neck/back might start to hurt lol.

November 16th, 2009, 19:37
a descent work desk

Didn't I correct this mistake once before? You're as bad as LMTU with who's / whose / it's / its / loose / lose.

November 16th, 2009, 20:32
Didn't I correct this mistake once before?

I'd also think you'd have a bit more tolerance...you live in an non-English speaking country and this form is international. English speakers don't even agree on the spelling of many words.

That being said, perhaps BL is still hung up on that Flight of the Gibbon thread? ;)

November 16th, 2009, 20:40
Tolerance is in order the first time. This is at least the second.

Beachlover speaks excellent English, so it shouldn't be too hard to master this one puny little word.

And if you can fine an English speaking country that spells "decent" (as in "satisfactory") the way BL does, I will eat out your fat ass (though that could take several days, from what I've heard).

Irish1972
November 16th, 2009, 20:43
Tolerance is in order the first time. This is at least the second.

Beachlover speaks excellent English, so it shouldn't be too hard to master this one puny little word.

And if you can fine an English speaking country that spells "decent" (as in "satisfactory") the way BL does, I will eat out your fat ass (though that could take several days, from what I've heard).

:thumbleft:

November 16th, 2009, 20:43
I will eat out your fat ass (though that could take several days, from what I've heard).

I shall search in earnest.

Brad the Impala
November 16th, 2009, 20:44

And if you can fine an English speaking country that spells "decent" (as in "satisfactory") the way BL does,

One puny word.......................... like "find"!

krobbie
November 17th, 2009, 00:10
[quote="Beach Bunny":dpxcz7th]

And if you can fine an English speaking country that spells "decent" (as in "satisfactory") the way BL does,

One puny word.......................... like "find"![/quote:dpxcz7th]
:sign5:

krobbie
November 17th, 2009, 00:24
I need recomendations on a value hotel in Bangkok. It would be nice if it is in the Silom / Suriwong area but something close to the MRT Subway or BTS Skytrain would also work. Prefer a place with digitial safe in room, 600 - 1200 baht, secure, safe area, and no problems with joiners. This would be for Nov 2009.

Thanks

Just in case this thread starts to wonder off into the Dictionary/Theasaurus thread I just thought I would look up some hotels for the OP. This is from wotif.com - @ Home Silom

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W ... ewType=all (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W43467&page=1&viewType=all)

The most expensive room is 1200 baht (superior king) but does not include breakfast. It is down about soi 12 on Silom Rd, so is not too far from Sala Daeng BTS.

Here is another from wotif - Sapphirtel:

http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W ... ewType=all (http://www.wotif.com/hotel/View?hotel=W61659&page=1&viewType=all)

The Standard room here is only 900 and includes breakfast FOR 2 (so they must be expecting there to be a second) . It is at the top end of Silom.

If you look on this wotif website, have a look at The Rose Hotel also or the DiArni which is not on here but have a serch and see wjht is the best price for it on the internet.

Whatever you choose, choc dee.
krobbie

Beachlover
November 17th, 2009, 02:14
[quote="Beach Bunny":3rdvlpi7]

:sign5:[/quote:3rdvlpi7]

Heh... you spelling bad too bunny

TrongpaiExpat
November 17th, 2009, 08:41

Heh... you spelling bad too bunny

Really more of a typo since the e is right above the d. A fat or swollen left middle finger could be the culprit.

Or, He might be left handed and that hand is busy pleasuring himself while he is typing with only his right hand.

Water or semen might have shorted out the keyboard between the e and the d.