PDA

View Full Version : Where Americans Die Abroad

November 13th, 2009, 00:22
Interesting little site.

http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issu ... hp?country (http://travel.state.gov/law/family_issues/death/deathReport.php?country)

Beachlover
November 14th, 2009, 09:33
Interesting... I did a search for non-natural deaths in Thailand for a recent year. Suicides and motorbike accidents seem to dominate.

Lots of suicides for a land of smiles...

November 14th, 2009, 12:57
It's Land of Smiles for the Thais.

It's mostly Land of Losers for the farangs who wash up here.

November 14th, 2009, 23:03
It's Land of Smiles for the Thais.

It's mostly Land of Losers for the farangs who wash up here.

I don't see the connection between the statistics in your link and your conclusion (but, as I am often reminded, I am not a statistician) - after all, even in their own countries, 50% more Americans reportedly commit suicide than Thais (as a % of the population).

I also find it difficult to know what else would be considered preferable - homicide, terrorist action, plane crashes, ferries sinking, drugs, volcanos, lightning strikes, executions, alien abduction ?

It is worth noting that few countries make these statistics clear by giving them as a percentage of the overall number of holidaymakers or expat residents, but leaving that aside the overall numbers for the US, as an example, are as follows:

Top 5 Countries for Non Natural US Deaths

Mexico 651
Iraq 82
Costa Rica 69
Thailand 67
Germany 63

Total Number of Non-Natural Deaths abroad: 2029

Vehicle Accidents 677
Homicides 580
Suicides 289
Drowning 265
Air Accidents 66
Terrorist Action 54
Drug-Related 59
Maritime 22

catawampuscat
November 24th, 2009, 06:47
No matter what country one goes to, they take themselves with them.. Of course, so obvious , but losers
think that if they start fresh in another country that somehow their lives will change and they will stop
being losers.

Since so many have major issues with alcohol, their problems just intensify with cheaper drinks and so
many bars. A drunk is a drunk no matter where he is..

Many farangs have no life in their home countries and no family or friends. Losers tend to find each other,
drink together and bore the shit out of everyone within earshot. :alc:
There are so many with personality disorders and real stupidy :tard: abounds.

After all, you can reinvent yourself in Thailand, create a new history and be a barfly. Big deal, one bar bans
you, you move on to another and there are always new farangs coming to town, who aren't warned about you
and are too polite to telll you to piss off..

When the shit finally hits the fan, as it always will, you can always try to fly or end up in the sewer ..
Unfortunately the flotsam and jetsam of the western world will continue to wash up and wise farangs
learn to avoid them at all costs..

catawampuscat
November 24th, 2009, 23:20
Dickie,
I was actually referring to all farangs including the breeders. Some of the biggest losers I have met
are heteros and my guess is that they have a higher % of losers than us queers, but just an opinion.
I perfer to think of fellow posters as fellow eccentrics with a few bad apples tossed in as well...

francois
November 25th, 2009, 04:56
Dickie,
I was actually referring to all farangs including the breeders. Some of the biggest losers I have met
are heteros and my guess is that they have a higher % of losers than us queers, but just an opinion.
I perfer to think of fellow posters as fellow eccentrics with a few bad apples tossed in as well...

Thanks for the clarification, Cat. Those expats and frequent flyers I know are good men if not a little eccentric. The flotsam and jetsam that wash up in Thailand were boneheads in their home countries and continue so as evident by their posts on this forum.