PDA

View Full Version : Privacy for peeing at Dongtan

November 12th, 2009, 20:34
Returning to Dongtan this week, after a year's absence, I notice a new feature at the public toilets near to Tui's Place. Previously, if you stood at the urinal nearer to the doorway, modest guys might have felt rather exposed to the gaze of passers-by. Now a small shield has been fixed in place, to preserve our modesty.
Did any of you guys protest to the lady who sits outside, or to the tourist authorities, to get this done?

bing
November 13th, 2009, 03:49
Not I, by the time I made it over to the pee castle, my bladder was in such a condition I could have written first and last name in the snow. As a friend of mine once pointed out when I was unloading, 'You pee like a race horse.' That sounded like a compliment to me. Any who might like to watch would not be discouraged by me. I wonder if some wilder guy will cut a hole in the privacy screen.

catawampuscat
November 15th, 2009, 02:00
Thai toilets are no place for the pee-shy. It is common for the female cleaners to mop and sweep
while you are peeing.
It is a compliment Bing to pee like a race horse when you are past 60 y.o. as many have enlarged
prostrates and other obstructions and pee like Tinkerbell.

November 15th, 2009, 03:41
Thai toilets are no place for the pee-shy.

If you can piss while some guy at NAB gives you a back rub, then you got me beat.

DCbob
November 15th, 2009, 06:53
It never bothered me.
If a person would get turned on by seeing me pee, please let me know. I might be interested in the "horny" guy.

Smiles
November 15th, 2009, 10:38
" ... Previously, if you stood at the urinal nearer to the doorway, modest guys might have felt rather exposed to the gaze of passers-by ... "
There's a bar in Puerto Vallarta called Paco's Ranch which has an interesting variation of the very exposed (and exposable) 'horse trough' group pisser . . . the very worst style for the shy guy in you.
The trough is long enough for 7 or 8 guys to line up and hang a rat. That's bad enough, but this place very imaginatively installed a huge well-polished mirror on the wall in front of you standing there, schlang in hand.
No need to even slyly turn your head for an innocuous sideways peek in this puppy. I avoided it as much as possible ... but sometimes when the bladder calls loudly enough :evil4: it's any port in a storm.

bing
November 15th, 2009, 12:05
When I used to frequent the bars in New Orleans, I used to think Eagle Bar was special. It not only had a trough to pee in but had a very ncie mirror hanging at an angle over it so you could look straight ahead and still see all the bikers getting rid of the last six pack. It was also one of the few places that had multiple handcuffs hanging from the wall.

Beachlover
November 15th, 2009, 17:41
I once when to a bar/restaurant (I forget where), which had floor to ceiling one-way glass as the back of a long trough-style urinal. On the other side of the glass in full view was the main bar area with dozens of people congregating. It was just too unnerving....