PDA

View Full Version : Hotel

Pet
November 10th, 2009, 04:30
I come tot Pattaya in january/february. Someone advised met tot stay in Areca Lodge. Is this okay for gay? Or is a gayhotel or guesthouse better if I want to take a boy to the room? What are experiences in Le Cafe Royale Hotel? Can someone tell?
Thanks, Pet

November 10th, 2009, 06:32
Areca is listed as gay friendly on a few websites, so I assume you'd be fine. You should probably decide what part of town you want to be in since there are options everywhere. Le Cafe Royale is right in BoyzTown and would be quite a different experience than staying in a hotel away from the bustle.

Patexpat
November 10th, 2009, 09:44
I have a very good friend who is a bar man at Areca lodge, so know the place fairly well. Has had high occupancy rates even in the past dreadful low season but a lot of tour parties, which may not be to your liking. It's a good tourist class hotel.

I am sure being gay isn't an issue - the same as almost all hotels here - but as mlomiker says if you want to be 'more' gay then there are a few hotels to consider including Cafe Royale, Ambience, Sansuk Guest house, The Venue and more ...

November 10th, 2009, 10:11
I have a very good friend who is a bar man at Areca lodge, so know the place fairly well. Has had high occupancy rates even in the past dreadful low season but a lot of tour parties, which may not be to your liking. It's a good tourist class hotel.

I am sure being gay isn't an issue - the same as almost all hotels here - but as mlomiker says if you want to be 'more' gay then there are a few hotels to consider including Cafe Royale, Ambience, Sansuk Guest house, The Venue and more ...

I stayed at Sansuk guest house. Great people; however the beds are really hard.

Pet
November 11th, 2009, 18:39
Thank you for these advices! I made a reservation for Le Cafe Royale for a small week. During this week I can chose to stay of te change to another (gay)hotel or guesthouse. You never know what plans come up. Or will it be difficult to find a vacant room in the second half of January? Do I have to made reservations for the whole three weeks stay?
Pet

bing
November 11th, 2009, 18:57
Hi Pet, If you have made a reservation at the Cafe Royale, yo will not be sorry as it is a nice place to stay. Now that a lift (elevator) has been installed, it is even more inviting. It is located in the heart of Boystown, and knowing that the staff are used to gay guests of all varieties can be comforting. After you get your feet wet with the routine of the beach and nightlife, you might explore where you might like to stay during future visits. There are many who are so happy with the idea of being in the center of activity, that they return to the Cafe Royale year after year. I always visit the bar attached to Cafe Royale and the nightclub too, but have chosen to stay at Howards Guest House for the past few years.

November 11th, 2009, 20:00
Can I ask why you stay at Howards instead of Cafe Royale as you seem to think so highly of it?!!!!

Hi Pet, If you have made a reservation at the Cafe Royale, yo will not be sorry as it is a nice place to stay. Now that a lift (elevator) has been installed, it is even more inviting. It is located in the heart of Boystown, and knowing that the staff are used to gay guests of all varieties can be comforting. After you get your feet wet with the routine of the beach and nightlife, you might explore where you might like to stay during future visits. There are many who are so happy with the idea of being in the center of activity, that they return to the Cafe Royale year after year. I always visit the bar attached to Cafe Royale and the nightclub too, but have chosen to stay at Howards Guest House for the past few years.

Brad the Impala
November 12th, 2009, 01:30
Pet, a good plan. After one week you may decide your priorities are different, and if you are looking for somewhere else, finding a room won't be a problem.

DCbob
November 12th, 2009, 02:32
Good planning. The greatest problem in changing to another gay hotel/guesthouse is packing your bag.
I like TwoGuys but there are many.

http://www.twoguysguesthouse.info/

bing
November 12th, 2009, 03:26
Hi Hime, You asked why I stay at Howards Guest House if I speak so highly of Cafe Royale. The reason is that I perfer the Sunee Plaza area more than Boystown and Howards is a two minute walk to the Krazy Dragon. Also since I stay for a couple of weeks I like lower rates at Howards. Also There are usually several free lance guys around in the evening and I have found I have enjoyed their company. Since Punya the Manager has taken on Sansuk Sauna and Guest House on the way to Jomtien, he is not there as often, but he is there often in the evening and I have enjoyed his company for the past several years. He has always given me good suggestions on places to go and see while I'm in town. I have been to the Sansuk and think it would be a good choice, but I don't care for the distance from the main road. As saunas go, and the availability of young Thai guys, you almost are guarenteed a good time. When they first opened they had couches up on the their floor. You sat under a roofed in area but could look down on the waterfalls and pool, and if you looked up you could see the stars. At the time I thought it had to be the most romantic place to watch a sunset. Hopes this helps understand while I think both the Ambiance and Cafe Royale are Primo for Boystown, I have more fun at Howards. But that is me, I understand a few of the members did not care the the boys in the lobby, I have found them delightful for the most part.