PDA

View Full Version : Sunnee Update - requested

joba
November 7th, 2009, 09:35
Well................will be arriving in a few weeks - sorta anxious, I guess

Have heard about many changes, so thought I would ask for some updates. What's good? What's Not? What seems to be getting better? What kind of boys? Who is busy busy and who is dead? What time do the cute boys begin to disappear?

See all of you there. Thanks!

November 7th, 2009, 10:40
Any reply that you get today would be out of date tomorrow. Bars open and close faster than they can be reported. Boys come and go, changing bars unpredictably. Recently, when Villa Rouge closed for a month, most of their boys moved to Playboy Go-go (used to be Look Bar), and then moved back when Villa Rouge re-opened (and Playboy closed, or re-opened, I've lost track).

Bottom line is that there are enough boys, enough types of boys, at Sunee every night to please every taste. My only suggestion would be to take a quick look around when you enter a bar - before sitting and ordering a drink - and if you see no one to your liking, move on immediately to another bar. The most popular boys are usually offed by 9 or 10 PM.

My impression is: the boys who are displaying their privates are the straight ones. The gay/femme boys are usually too shy for that. Though Krazy Dragon boys offer close up inspections of their genitals, it is somehow not sleazy. In some other bars, where most of the boys are nursing erections, I feel like a really dirty old man. Each to his own.

Happy hunting.

fedssocr
November 7th, 2009, 13:29
In some other bars, where most of the boys are nursing erections, I feel like a really dirty old man. Each to his own.

You say that like it's a bad thing. :-)

In general I think I agree with you about the more straight boys being the ones who like to display, however, the gays ones who are really big seem to like showing off too.

catawampuscat
November 7th, 2009, 21:11
My only suggestion would be to take a quick look around when you enter a bar - before sitting and ordering a drink - and if you see no one to your liking, move on immediately to another bar. The most popular boys are usually offed by 9 or 10 PM.

Good suggestion bobsaigon.. I have know farangs who feel it is rude to just take a look inside and move on if you don't see what works for you.. I think that only a fool would sit down and order a drink in a bar
just to be polite and not offend anyone. It takes all kinds and to each his own way. :8(

November 8th, 2009, 01:35
Yes, I am talking about Sunee, which I visit every month. And yes, it is much easier these days to navigate the streets of the plaza, but most places remain open, offering a variety of new companions.

joba
November 8th, 2009, 04:10
Hey thanks -bobsaigon. I know things change fast, but still nice to have a sense of the current landscape. Anticipation is the worst part of the wait.

I generally have a good look around - maybe even walk from back to front to see if I want one of their beers and waste 30 minutes ====wishing I had moved along. Ocasionally a newbe pops out that changes your mind but not often in my experience. You can easily get a feel for the energy....\

How is Happy Boys doing? Still going strong with their old format. I did like that.

Where are the skinny cute boys hanging?

cdnmatt
November 8th, 2009, 06:08
How is Happy Boys doing? Still going strong with their old format. I did like that.

Yep, ended up there for a beer about... 10 days ago, or so? And yep, same old format, which I actually quite like too. The table-top format, but the tables are low enough so you can have actual eye contact with the boys, instead of just having every dick staring at you in the face, and having to strain your neck to see their faces, like one bar does.

If I remember correctly, the boys there are your type. Young, cute, skinny, etc. I guess a few of the boys from Cat's Place went over to Happy Boys, because the owner couldn't afford their 100 baht/day salary anymore.

Beachlover
November 8th, 2009, 17:18
I thought you risked getting your dick cut off if your boyfriend caught you looking at other boys lol.

cdnmatt
November 8th, 2009, 23:25
I thought you risked getting your dick cut off if your boyfriend caught you looking at other boys lol.

Nah, he's fine now. Took about a dozen guilt trips, with me and his roommate explaining to him that he's being stupid, but it worked! Now I can actually talk to, and even smile at other cute Thais! But no, it's all stabilized now, so he's gotten it through his skull that I love him now.

I never really goto go-go bars anymore anyway, but we have an agreement. I'm allowed to look, but not touch. Works for me! :-)

November 8th, 2009, 23:36

Nah, he's fine now. Took about a dozen guilt trips, with me and his roommate explaining to him that he's being stupid, but it worked! Now I can actually talk to, and even smile at other cute Thais! But no, it's all stabilized now, so he's gotten it through his skull that I love him now.

I never really goto go-go bars anymore anyway, but we have an agreement. I'm allowed to look, but not touch. Works for me! :-)

And what does he do when you are not around?.................

:hello1:

November 9th, 2009, 00:15
Happy Boys continues to perform up to expectations; the staff is willing, competent, and fun.

Downstairs has the low individual dance podiums which allow some up close contact and assessment and, if you're interested in exploring the possibilities of true love, upstairs is available.

The second floor charge remains 150 baht and if your timing is good, you can find yourself the only customer up there with all the privacy that you might want to entertain and be entertained by one or more new acquaintances.

Case in point, Friday evening saw 2 very willing staffers entertaining each other and a very well turned out - if I say so myself - distinguished gentleman with gray hair who came and went, leaving the venue quite satisfied and very happy indeed.

I wasn't sure if I could still jump up and click my heels but....

Happy Boys might be my favorite spot in and around Sunee Plaza.

Highly recommended if your tastes run to 18-25 year old, slim but mostly masculine young men.

cdnmatt
November 9th, 2009, 03:13
And what does he do when you are not around?.................

Pretty much the same as anyone else his age... sleeps, eats, watches TV, and hangs out with some friends every once in a while.

cdnmatt
November 9th, 2009, 04:19
When you are not around he is with me! Yes he still wants sex! :glasses7:

100% guaranteed, you could offer him 20,000 baht for 1 hour of sex, and he'd refuse. Sorry, but he ain't for sale. :-)

November 9th, 2009, 04:24
100% guaranteed, you could offer him 20,000 baht for 1 hour of sex, and he'd refuse. Sorry, but he ain't for sale. :-)

Then I wish you both happiness..........................

:hello1:

November 9th, 2009, 06:02
............ I feel like a really dirty old man.....

You'll have no problem finding one in Sunee!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

Beachlover
November 9th, 2009, 15:01

Haha... adorable.

Surfcrest
November 9th, 2009, 19:08
I was out in the Sunee Plaza area last night, enjoying a drink at my favorite outdoor pub. The place is usually full after Christmas when I'm usually here but last night there was only a handful of us sitting out there. The Corner Pub didn't look to be doing a heck of a lot better. There was noticeably not that many farangs checking out the bars and what few there was were scattered out over the many outdoor venues. What few there was I recognize as regulars / ex-pats hanging over their drinks alone or in their usual clumps. There was lots of boys out though and with the exception of the lack of farangs, Sunee looked pretty much like business as usual. The boys looked hungry so definitely a тАЬbuyer's marketтАЭ if Sunee boys are your thing.

Spice can give you a fairly accurate picture of whats open and whats not, although as mentioned before things change fairly quickly in Sunee.

Hopefully we can keep the topic to a Sunee Update.......svp

Surfcrest
November 13th, 2009, 18:47
Sunee has been hopping more over the last few nights. The crowds are starting to build, nice to see people re-acquainting themselves with friends that are just coming back. I noticed a very healthy crowd at Up2U bar, some familiar Sawatdee faces here and walking about Sunne.

There's a тАЬcircusтАЭ feeling that has been unique to the few Soi's of Sunne for quite some years and you can feel that coming back with the building crowds. Gone, may be the days when elephant handlers would saunter down the Soi with their young beasts and dip in to the odd bar for a peanut or banana or two, but all the other magic about the place lives on. Sometimes it's as though everyone in Sunne is on stage at any given moment, with people watching a huge part of the outdoor pub thing. Unfortunately, there is no Sunee in Hua Hin, nor Bangkok (although the Saphan Kwai comes remotely close at times) nor anywhere else in the world that I've seen...so for me it will always be a novelty that I hope never changes.

I can't really tell you all that much about the Sunne go-go bars, I've sort of grown out of that over the years especially with the boyfriend in tow. I do plan on dipping in to one or two before Christmas and hope to give you a little more on what's hot here and what's not if I can.

Sitting across from Euroboys the other night, I can tell you that I didn't see too many going inside ...although it seemed like business as usual тАЬinsideтАЭ with a few of the boys peeking out into the Soi to see what they were missing (or to warm up) when they were able. My favorite little place, The Sunee Plaza Pub was pretty much full the other night until about 11PM and many of the other outdoor pubs were also quite full...even the rather obscure ones that don't always get a lot of action...even in high season.

The White Party signs are up for the party coming on the 16th of November. If you are planning on coming around then, you may want to pack accordingly if being a part of it is your thing.

On a Sunne fashion note, I see there are still a few that haven't lost their fanny packs...especially the ones using it as a girdle to hold their gut in. Another fashion тАЬno-noтАЭ I noticed is wearing your beach trunks out at night and worst still tucking a dress shirt into them. I can't imagine these folks are SGT guys...probably foreigners that haven't heard of SGT yet where something like this is considered okay in their respective countries. Nice to see so many nicely dressed guys out and about tonight, despite what physique they have. So long as you do your best with what you have, good things will come to you.

November 14th, 2009, 01:50
Another fashion тАЬno-noтАЭ I noticed is wearing your beach trunks out at night

Particularly if they are wearing some of the scraps that pass for "trunks" at Dongtan .... or was it the elephants from the circus with the dress shirts?

November 14th, 2009, 03:19
Another fashion тАЬno-noтАЭ I noticed is wearing your beach trunks out at night

Particularly if they are wearing some of the scraps that pass for "trunks" at Dongtan .... or was it the elephants from the circus with the dress shirts?

You are such a killjoy and a prude

http://i76.photobucket.com/albums/j24/joebnfran/blog%20pics2/captionthis21.jpg

NickysGayPattaya
November 14th, 2009, 08:58
Thanks surfcrest for such an uplifting and "feelgood" report for Sunee Plaza. There's just one thing, the White Party is on the 15th November (Sunday) and not the 16th as you said.

http://www.suneeplaza.info/images/white31.jpg
http://www.suneeplaza.info/cgi-bin/page.pl?p=white for all the details on the party!

There will be elephants that night, and not just the sort in speedos! So that part of the carnival atmosphere will be complete.

I have to point out that no one has mentioned the only two websites which keep spot up to date with the news? http://www.nickysgaypattaya.com and Sunee's own - http://www.suneeplaza.info
:sign3:

cdnmatt
November 14th, 2009, 10:49
Sunee has been hopping more over the last few nights. The crowds are starting to build, nice to see people re-acquainting themselves with friends that are just coming back. ... There's a тАЬcircusтАЭ feeling that has been unique to the few Soi's of Sunne for quite some years and you can feel that coming back with the building crowds.

I've been to Sunnee the past two nights in a row, and I agree, it's definitely picked up compared to two or three months ago. Strange though, when I mention this to Thais, they don't seem to agree at all, and say it's still very slow. Maybe they're comparing it to previous high seasons, instead of 2-3 months ago. There's lots more people around though, and it's seems as though it's usually tough to get an outside seat at one of the beer bars.

For example, 2 - 3 months ago you could walk into almost any go-go bar at midnight, and there would still be a good selection of stunners. Nowadays, you walk into a go-go bar at 10:30pm, and the mamasan tells you all the good looking guys have already been offed, and that you should have came earlier.

Gone, may be the days when elephant handlers would saunter down the Soi with their young beasts and dip in to the odd bar for a peanut or banana or two,

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a good thing? I thought under no circumstances are you supposed to pay any attention to those guys, let alone pay to the feed the elephants or get your picture taken. Those babies should be with their mama's in the jungle or a wildlife park, not paraded around Sunnee for us perverts to gawk at. Anyway, I seen an elephant in Sunnee about a month ago, so I'm assuming you'll see them around more now that it's high season. Then again, there seems to be a good sized police presence now, so maybe not.

November 14th, 2009, 11:15
Nowadays, you walk into a go-go bar at 10:30pm, and the mamasan tells you all the good looking guys have already been offed, and that you should have came earlier.

Yeah...I'm weary of anything a Mamasan says. The last time I showed up early for the 'stunners' I was the only customer at 9:30, there was nothing easy on the eyes to look at and I was solicited to buy Mamasan drinks; this wasn't the first time.

Not Sunnee, but Boyztown related. I was in Copa a few nights ago. I asked the staff where the two muscle boys were from the other night. I was told they don't start until after 10. Sure enough, they came strolling in around 10:15 and were scooped up before the cabaret show started at 10:30.

quiet1
November 14th, 2009, 11:39
Anyway, I seen an elephant in Sunnee about a month ago...
That would correspond with BadBoyBilly's last visit, no?

Surfcrest
November 14th, 2009, 20:43
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that a good thing? I thought under no circumstances are you supposed to pay any attention to those guys, let alone pay to the feed the elephants or get your picture taken. Those babies should be with their mama's in the jungle or a wildlife park, not paraded around Sunnee for us perverts to gawk at.

Not sure I read anything about this being a "good" thing, but then again these are cheap reading glasses I picked up for a few baht in Bangkok....and these surely aren't the only babies that should be with their mamas...rather than dancing past midnight with a number pinned to their undies.

jimnbkk
November 15th, 2009, 07:23
Speaking of which: the police closed down Villa Rouge again last night. Also, voluntarily closed were Tom Yum and, I believe, Playboy. The boys were sent home early. Villa was closed when I got here in October; reopened recently, and has again been closed, for same reason as before I believe, the elephants were just too young.

fedssocr
November 21st, 2009, 15:09
The weather has been really nice here the last several evenings since I have been in town. There seemed to be a fair amount of activity at the outdoor places around Sunee. The go-go bars seem to be a bit hit and miss, but more on the miss side with respect to the amount of customers. For a Friday last night seemed fairly dead. But I have been doing my part to keep business going for a little longer at least. But overall things feel a bit less crowded to me than the last time I was here a year ago.