PDA

View Full Version : Restore lenses available for cataracts in Thailand?

Impulse
November 3rd, 2009, 06:51
Has anyone had cataract surgery done in thailand with the newest lenses which let one see both far and near and in between? They cost $4200 a pair in the U.S.A. Im wondering if they cost less there. Im rather young to have cataracts,maybe its from reading this forum too much. :glasses7: I understand that 80% of the people who have this done,dont need glasses afterwards.Any info on your choice of lenses and the results would be greatly appreciated.PM me if your too embarressed to admit you had the surgery.

November 3rd, 2009, 07:48
The lenses cost a bit under $3,000 per pair here. The surgery is more. Check out the "Super Sight" clinic at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.

quiet1
November 5th, 2009, 16:30
The lenses cost a bit under $3,000 per pair here. The surgery is more. Check out the "Super Sight" clinic at Bangkok Hospital Pattaya.
link: http://www.supersightsurgery.com/

Has anybody here had any experience with the Super Sight clinic?

Narakmak
November 5th, 2009, 22:28
That's not for cataracts.

November 9th, 2009, 14:35
Sure it is, as well as other impairments - multi-focal lenses replacement

Impulse
November 12th, 2009, 09:12
I just had a restore lens implanted in my eye today. Had to write a check for $1,250 after they charged me $950 on my credit card. Had to fill out the usual paperwork,list of meds,diseases,etc..Then they put a small piece of cotton in my eye with a pair of tweezers.Not too pleasant but the worst was to come. Several eye drops and waiting and then the nurse had a hard time putting in the IV needle.Finally gave up and went from my hand to my elbow. They were almost ready for me when the nurse said this particular drop will sting a little. It stung a LOT! Then she told me to look down and she stuffed my eye with this jell.Very uncomfortable to say the least. I didnt open my eyes after that. Fifteen minutes later got wheeled into the OR and was dreading the procedure. Covered my bod all up and left just my eye exposed. Oh god. Then they began the med to numb my mind.Wow!I didnt care what they were doing to my eye after that,nothing bothered me and the procedure seemed to be over in minutes. They wheeled me out and gave me cookies and juice. No problem.Now they remove the patch tomarrow and hopefully Ill see ok. The cost of the lens,$4100,to see the go go bois on stage without needing glasses....priceless!!