PDA

View Full Version : In Thailand 9 November

November 2nd, 2009, 06:37
Soon i stay in Thailand !

Is it still fun ? :ura1: :ura1: :ura1:

November 2nd, 2009, 06:42
For those of us who live here 365 it's fun fun fun :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:
Trouble is there's too many foreigners.

November 2nd, 2009, 08:48
For those of us who live here 365 it's fun fun fun
Trouble is there's too many foreigners.

You do realize that without those foreigners all the fun will go away? Who do you think keeps all these bars in business, willing to pay ridiculous drink prices and occasionally offing guys?

To answer the question, 'YES' Thailand is as fun as ever. The go go bars have been going a bit downhill, IMHO, due to higher and higher prices and because they are stuffed with straight guys who don't do much- just too much focus on upfront fleecing and no quality control after you walk out the door.

Jomtien beach and freelancer bars I think will get you a LOT more for your money and a better date in Pattaya. I stay away from the massage places because I haven't seen a good selection in one of them in three years- there's too much competition here in other venues for the best looking guys and massage is too much work, I guess.

In BKK the massage places are a bargain compared to the go go places, and you get what you pay for there (I usually off massage guys I try out and like later).

Phuket's worthless if you like normal types - guys there are just damaged goods and it's katoey disneyland. Too small and too many ladyboys.

Chiang Mai is fantastic if you like normal types and a lot less commercial/cynical. CM massage places are the best in Thailand, at least that's my opinion.

November 2nd, 2009, 08:58
You do realize that without those foreigners all the fun will go away? Who do you think keeps all these bars in business, willing to pay ridiculous drink prices and occasionally offing guys?

One of the lead employees at the hotel I was staying at wants to kick all of the foreigners out of the country. He says that Thailand has good land...they can farm and don't need foreigners. I was a flabbergasted by that but there's definitely some sentiment out there among Thai. It's possible that he mostly felt that way due to sex tourists--in other conversations he mentioned that he'd never have sex for money. Being in Pattaya can't do much but reinforce his view.

massage is too much work

It undoubtedly is since they know that isn't what they get paid for.

The genuine masseurs on the beach get 250 baht for a one-hour massage. I thought it was a great value and had 4 or 5 during my stay. The guy that I used was straight...had 15 yrs experience and did good work.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:23

Being a Belgian you wont need a room safe..........you can hide your valuables under the soap........ :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: :headbang:

November 2nd, 2009, 09:25
The genuine masseurs on the beach get 250 baht for a one-hour massage. I thought it was a great value and had 4 or 5 during my stay. The guy that I used was straight...had 15 yrs experience and did good work.

LOL...in my experience 95% of the guys doing massage at Jomtien are straight- which is why they actually do a decent massage if you think of it.

One of the lead employees at the hotel I was staying at wants to kick all of the foreigners out of the country.

How odd to have someone who is a 'lead employee at a hotel' want to eliminate the very visitors that make his job possible! This is an entirely Thai thing to not see that enormous contradiction.

On tourists: Thailand's economy would collapse without the tourist sector and it would turn into a third rate country like Burma or Laos. Beyond farming, Thailand's only mark in the world is it's incredible hospitality culture that makes everything else possible for them. Maybe going back to the an agrarian culture would be a great thing, but just try to pry those mobiles and motorbikes off of them...

On the sex industry: You should tell your friend next time they put it to you that way that if it wasn't for 1 out of every 8 Thais that wanted to sell their bodies there wouldn't BE a sex industry in the first place. After all, Burma, Laos, Malaysia and others have no problem keeping prostitution at controllable levels. Thais that complain have it backwards: THEY create the market for the sex tourists, not the other way around.

Are you sure your friend wasn't referring to kicking expats out only? Everything would make more sense then, but good luck trying to sell the millions of condos and baht that come from the retiree population that's a year round constant source of income for Thais.

November 2nd, 2009, 09:44
Are you sure your friend wasn't referring to kicking expats out only?

No, he clearly meant all farang. I briefly tried to explain that it would be a huge loss of jobs but quickly dropped the conversation. I personally would have enjoyed discussing/debating that at length but even my American friends find me too spirited in those sort of conversations, so I wasn't about to go there in a country the eschews aggression.

Beachlover
November 2nd, 2009, 18:38

Hope you post lots of pics like you used to :-)

gra46
November 3rd, 2009, 16:05

Wish you stay a little longer i be back Dec 20th
OHH chris update your avator here isnt he out dated now

November 3rd, 2009, 17:09

Now an update in my avator Graham !

I'm gone 20 Dec. but back in March or April 2010.

Enjoy your X-MAS in Phuket Gra !

gra46
November 3rd, 2009, 20:57

Now an update in my avator Graham !

I'm gone 20 Dec. but back in March or April 2010.

Enjoy your X-MAS in Phuket Gra !
Wow great Pic Chris yes i know you gone b4 dec 20
but great i be back march April too depending on school holidays here
i fly back in Phuket Dec 20 but it an international flight Syd /Phuket
the same day i be in BKK for the night then next mornibg chiang mai
so i be in CM for xmas
talk to you so on MSN hope we can plan some dates next year
ohhh try to love your boy you may get as lucky as i am lol