PDA

View Full Version : Another option:travel 'tween downtown Pattaya & downtown BKK

jvt22222
October 30th, 2009, 07:42
A friend told me about this service, so I thought that I would get the specifics, and pass on the information.

There is a mini-van service that runs -- in both directions -- between the new Central Festival Shopping Mall in Pattaya and two of the Central Department Stores in Bangkok -- Central World and Central Ladprao. The cost is 180 baht and each passenger on the brand new 15-seat mini-vans can have one piece of luggage.

To locate the ticket desk and departure point at the Central Festival Shopping Mall in Pattaya enter the mall's front door on Beach Road. Not too far into the mall on the left side (the north side) of the 1st floor is a side exit. The ticket desk and departure point are outside just to the right of that side exit.

Sorry, but I don't know the location of the ticket desk at either of the two Central Department Stores in Bangkok. I'll have to use the service once to locate these two points.

Departure time from both the Pattaya Central Festival Shopping Mall (heading to Bangkok) and the Central World Department Store in Bangkok (heading to Pattaya) are as follows:

The one-way trip between Pattaya and Central World takes 2.5 hours and there is an intervening stop at the Central Ladprao Department Shopping Store in both directions. If using the Central Ladprao stop, the travel time is 2 hours.

The telephone number of the ticket clerk in Pattaya is 082-207-3476 (Khun Krit). He will accept bookings for trips in either direction.

As I have not yet taken one of these trips, I can only pass on the information that I have collected. After actually using the service myself, I will come back with further comments. Of course, anybody who has used the service is encouraged to comment.

TAKE CARE!!

blueboy
October 30th, 2009, 09:27
I can't think of anything worse than sitting in a 12 seater minivan which always look overloaded with people and bags - this has got to be the cheap option for cheap skates.

allieb
October 30th, 2009, 14:45
The bus service from Pataya bus station to Ekami or Mo Chit for 106 Baht is by far the best. If you tell the hostess as you board the bus you want to get of at On Nut, they will stop there and call you. The bus stops just by the stairs to the BTS skytrain. This is about 1 and a half hours from Pattaya and your last section on the BTS cuts out the trafic jams. Ok if your going to BKk for a short stay and therefore traveling light.