PDA

View Full Version : Soi Twilight Bangkok Status Report

TrongpaiExpat
October 30th, 2009, 00:38
I don't know if it's the heavy evening rain, a weekday or this approaching high season has get to get into gear but the soi was dead. I was on the soi on Tuesday night and again tonight, Thursday, and there was not much going on.

I went into Dream Boys on Tuesday night and drinks were jacked up to 260B I came for the 10:30 show, it started at 10:45. The show was quite bad, no sex, and no real nudity, just erections covered by under ware/swimsuits. There was a little flashing, very little but that's it. I don't mind paying 260 for a drink, even buy a boy drink and pay around 500+ if there's a show but with no show, to speak of, it's just a bar with boys. There were a lot of them and some were quite good looking but with 500+ off fees, I don't see many getting off'ed.

After this disappointing showing I went in search for a second show but none would confirm that there was going to be anything interesting so I left. I looked in a few and there were no customers. Lots of new boys, some lookers, all types.

Tonight I returned to see if the situation has changed. We had an excellent dinner at Maxies and asked around about the status of the shows. You get as many reasons for no sex shows as there are door men. The Police are often a convient excuse but I was also told that there's just no customers to justify paying for a sex performer. It rained again tonight around 9:30.

It often seems that the BBB group sets the stage on soi Twilight. They raise the prices and every one matches them, they close early and the rest close, they suspend the sex show and the rest follow. I don't know, perhaps they have just priced themselves out of a steady stream of customers.

I walked over to Patpong and looked in a few of the lady bars and their shows were going on as usual, so this bullshit about the police is very suspect. I really don't think they just target the gay bars.

Maybe this weekend things will pick up and the situation will be back to "normal".

October 30th, 2009, 02:29
Maybe this weekend things will pick up and the situation will be back to "normal".I do hope so. Beach Bunny and I are due to meet up for our usual Friday evening drink @Richards and then we plan on heading off to Soi Twilight in time for a show.

neddy3
October 30th, 2009, 06:54
I sometimes wonder whether the Soi Twilight bars have priced themselves over what the market will bear.
There must be many dancers every night who do not get an off.
I believe they do get 100 B appearance money, but this hardly is a living.

At 250 B for a drink, and 500 B for an off, a customer is 1000 B out of pocket before leaving the bar. The tip doubles this 1000 b, if not more.

Not an impossible amount of money, but enough to make many consider their options.

I agree that the BBB group seems to lead the market.

Are their costs, including BIB, enough to justify these prices, or is there a greed factor here?

I admit to not knowing, maybe others wil have more knowledge.
(Though I notice that lack of knowledge is rarely an impediment to posting facts in this forum, eg BU).

October 30th, 2009, 08:07
Interesting. Guess itтАЩs all a matter of perspective. I was also on Soi Twilight last night. Had my first dinner at Maxis . . . boring. And yup, it did rain around 9:30 - quite hard for about 5 minutes. I visited X-Size . . . must have had about 50 guys there and by the time the show started at 10:30 the place was fairly well packed. There is a nudity/fucking ban on its way again and most bars are already limiting what they show. X-Size had plenty of both going on (#2 mamasan stayed downstairs as a look out for the police while the show was going on). Drinks at X-Size, BTW, are 220 baht . . . the place is run by a few of the old crew from Future Boys before it took such a serious yaba induced downturn.

October 30th, 2009, 10:41
If I can conquer my fear of dealing with the unknown, I might try switching from bars to GayRomeo sometimes. Anyway, I'll stay away from Soi Twilight, maybe head for Solid and its neighbours.

October 30th, 2009, 10:54
Are their costs, including BIB, enough to justify these prices, or is there a greed factor here?

I'll give you three guesses, Einstein.

TrongpaiExpat
October 30th, 2009, 11:20
Not an impossible amount of money, but enough to make many consider their options.

One of the other options is the massage venues which are gaining in popularity and numbers. 1,500B total for your choice of a boy, a room and sex. Compare that to a soi Twilight bar 500 for two drinks, 100 tips, 500 off, 500 BBB Inn and a min 1000 short time tip, total 2,600B or about 3000B with some miscellaneous extras. About twice the cost of a one hour massage/sexual encounter.

I think it was Future Boys that started the after midnight 100B happy hour drinks. A few followed but it's not consistent.

Classic boys started open a bottle and you get a free off an offer that is also not consistent.

nanette
October 30th, 2009, 11:24
A beer at Soild bar now costs 120B; it used to cost 100B a year ago. Off fee is still 300B. Lately they have a number of cute guys, smallish but nice & friendly.

firecat69
October 30th, 2009, 12:02
I stopped at Solid the other night. I used to go there regularly because everything was reasonable and boys were quite happy with 1000 baht .

The other night the boys were ok but one stood out for me. He was a gay boy and loved the sex. I gave him 1200 which for me was 200 more then I ever gave a boy at Solid. He wanted 1500 . I gave it to him. He was worth it . Don't know if all boys there now expect that but if so they are in line with Twilight Bars , at least in my travels.

Beachlover
October 30th, 2009, 18:56

They don't need to justify their prices with costs. They're pricing to extract as much cash from customers as possible. If enough customers are willing to pay that amount, why charge less? The more you can charge the better... any price increases are pure margin.

latintopxxx
October 30th, 2009, 22:13
I realise that big cock and fuck shows are not everyones proverbial cup of tea, but for those of us who thrive on sleave (hello!!)I think the equivalent of 5 euro for drink and show is dirt cheap.

fedssocr
October 30th, 2009, 23:18
I thought Soi Twilight seemed a little quiet last night too. But I was out pretty early. I spent some time in Classic. The most annoying mamasan is still there and remembered me from my one and only visit like 4 years ago. Maybe 20 boys, one of whom I found extremely attractive. I always like the boys who actually dance even if it's just a little bit during their stand and model stint. Anyway this guy, Tai, is from Chiang Mai. I would guess 20 y.o. max. Sweet smile. I didn't really have time to off him but plan to do that next week when I am back in BKK.

I did briefly visit the Soi 6 area. Didn't go into Solid but did briefly step inside Super A and immediately regretted it. I was descended upon by three unattractive boys who decided for some reason that I wanted them to grope me all over. I escaped from there as fast as I could. And made my way to Soi Twilight instead.

catawampuscat
October 30th, 2009, 23:29

any relation to boygeenus.. :glasses7:

firecat69
October 31st, 2009, 09:11
I checked out Soi twilight last night and things appeared to be picking up. Walking through Patpong , I noticed it was busier.

Maxi's was full at 830 and I had an enjoyable meal there. I only went to Xboys but there were definitely more customers then recently and they were filling up for.the show. Quite a few new boys and the return of some of the cuter former boys.

Things are looking up at least at XBoys

October 31st, 2009, 09:26
I was in both Soi Twilight and Soi 6 last night. X Boys had a good selection of boys, Classic Boys had a very sad line-up of, at most, a dozen boys (and a single customer apart from me). Then on to Solid. Words almost fail me about the management of that bar. One of the owners is a youngish farang who, when I walked in and for the entire time I was there (around 30 minutes) was surrounded by half the workers, at least one or two of whom he was "fondling". All of those boys for all practical purposes were unavailable to the handful of customers who came in and after a single drink departed. One customer did leave with 2 boys, neither of whom had been part of the owner's inner circle. I guess it must be his hobby as clearly it can't be operating as a business. Perhaps it needs Beach Bunny's unequaled skills as a business owner in Thailand to pull it into line.

TrongpaiExpat
October 31st, 2009, 11:54
I checked out Soi twilight last night and things appeared to be picking up. Walking through Patpong , I noticed it was busier.

Maxi's was full at 830 and I had an enjoyable meal there. I only went to Xboys but there were definitely more customers then recently and they were filling up for.the show. Quite a few new boys and the return of some of the cuter former boys.

Things are looking up at least at XBoys

But, what about shows? Anyone?

October 31st, 2009, 12:22
But, what about shows? Anyone?I was looking to get laid so left before the show began. Seen one big cock, seen them all IMHO.

TrongpaiExpat
November 1st, 2009, 01:32
I was on the soi again this evening and nothing has changed regarding the sex show. There were a lot of farangs, lots of boys in some bars and shows but no nudity.

I was told two weeks everything will be back to normal and then another person told me 3 days. I get the same story or one word answer when I ask why, "police".

I though they might stay open later given it was Halloween but no, closed at 1am with a few lingering to 1:30.

Well, that's it for me, taking off for a week or so, so over to whoever can report on what's going on with Soi Twilight carry on without me. I know a lot of guys have trips planed in the next few weeks so I am sure an update here and there would be appreciated.

I was told that Twinks has closed with a for sale sign on the door.

fedssocr
November 5th, 2009, 08:23
That's interesting. Twinks appeared to be in operation when I walked by last night. "Massage sir?" At least I guess it was Twinks from the description here. I did not see any signs.

TrongpaiExpat
November 5th, 2009, 20:54
I had that report on Twinks second hand, I'll check it out latter, he could have went to the wrong place/door. I also have a second hand report that the sex shows have resumed on Soi Twilight and I'll check that out as soon as I get a chance.

firecat69
November 6th, 2009, 22:49
Limited update on Soi Twilight. Sat down at Maxi's for something to eat at 845 Not veyr busy and neither was Soil

Fresh Beach was having a contest so I am sure they will be getting more business then the others. Went into Xboys at 915 and it was dead. My 2 favorites however had booking from previous night, so I took a new kid for me and the Bar. #39 Nat. Handsome boy , taller then many, sexy eyes and great smile.

He was great . I have only had one disappointment from all the boys I have taken from Xboys, They do what they say they will do and try hard to make you Happy.

Just a short note that Bangkok Massage next to XBoys seems t be getting more and more cute massage boys. I have to give them a try soon.

fedssocr
November 7th, 2009, 08:52
As I was sitting at Maxis the other night I thought the same thing about how cute several of the Bangkok Massage boys were.

Alaan
November 7th, 2009, 16:21
Just to add a bit of info for Bangkok boys massage. Last month a couple of days before I headed home from Bkk I too noticed a few cute boys there as i was sitting at Maxis.......I normally go to Bonnys depending on which boys sitting outside appeal to me.

But Bangkok boys was a very pleasant experience. I had already chosen the boy outside after a short chat and then you go to the reception.... the boy takes off your shoes and gives you slippers for walking around inside. You choose type of massage and length from a menu and you are presented with a glass of water, led to the massage room...and undress there. I enquired about safety of personal possessions in the room as you go outside the room along the corridor to shower...the masseur had the room key with him at all times...

In the shower the boy washes you then himself as you dry off......the boy i had chosen seemed very randy and foreplay was started in the shower. Back to the room and had a very enjoyable massage and had a very energetic last 20-30 minutes..... usually at Bonnys I'm quite happy just to lazily enjoy the time with the masseur.....but the boy here was very keen to please. He was naked from the time we undressed to go to the shower.......i asked and paid for 1 hour...but it ran about 20 mins more than that.

He was very polite....even helped me dress and remined me i had left my phone at the top end of the bed..... also helped me on with my footwear..tied laces etc..even though i said it was ok i could manage... another glass of water and he also gave me a card with his tel number and email... and asked to meet again... the card already had all the info written so i reckon he probably does this with most customers....... Very happy with Bt1,000 + bt100 for eats.

I know it is really down to the chemistry and some luck with the boy you choose but the experience was excellent from start to finish and i recommend it.........take your time to choose the boy....i also like to chat a little if they are outside...i think it breaks the ice and makes for a more relaxed time..but that is just my experience/opinion.

catawampuscat
November 7th, 2009, 21:14
No fuck show, no big cock show :protest: , no go..
keep it simple, stupid, oh.. ok :violent1:

firecat69
November 7th, 2009, 22:19
Since I mentioned Bangkok Massage, I figured I better check out some of those cute boys. Thought I would help the economy so I opted for a 4 hand massage. Picked a couple of cuteys Din and Tom.

Unfortunately it was terrible. Massaged for 5 minutes and told me to turn over. Well I thought maybe they were anxious to get to the main event. Wrong. They would do nothing and I mean nothing. 1 hour massage lasted 20minutes when I decided I was wasting my time. Still had to pay and manager was useless in replying to me being very unhappy.

I have no doubt there are some boys there who will be fine but these 2 should head for 7/11.

Will not be giving them a 2nd chance!!!!!!

Alaan
November 7th, 2009, 22:53
Firecat...sorry to hear your experience was so bad. I have never tried a four hand or two masseurs together so have no experience to comment on there.

I have never had a bad experience after many years of going to Bonnys either...but i know some have been disappointed there also.

I certainly will visit Bangkok boys massage on my next visit and can only reiterate that my experience was very enjoyable.....so different to yours..... but i will add again...to try and choose your masseur as carefully as you can...and certainly never just accept the next boy on the 'in-house rosta'.

daa raa
November 7th, 2009, 23:44
I was in Boys Bangkok tonight. I arrived about 10:15 pm and ordered my drink and the check bin said 260 baht. I noticed a sign saying all drinks 260 baht. Right before the show started a waiter came by and changed my check bin to 280 baht. I noticed the sign was now gone. I watched the show, there was a big cock show, but no fuck show. Afterwards I asked the waiter why was the priced changed. He said "On Friday and Saturday drinks are 280 baht, we not cheat you". I paid my bill, but did not leave a tip.
I did feel cheated and do not plan on returning.

Surfcrest
November 8th, 2009, 07:42
I was out on the Soi a few times this week.

X-Boys did have a big cock show (more so a parade) but no full nudity. They did the body paint thing, the candle wax thing (which has always made me nervous with those curtains so close and the boys oblivious to the fire hazard). Then they took out the rubber hose and started whacking each other with it. The D.J. (who's been there forever) is still cutting in with jibberish in Thai as he's been doing for years (also oblivious that most of the customers couldn't make out what he's saying - even if they could understand Thai). A lot of tattoos and some fairly rough looking boys in the show(s).

Dream Boys / Boys of Bangkok also had a big cock show. After they herded us all down to Boys of Bangkok the cabaret drag started up (in Thai) and most of the farang customers couldn't get their checks and get the hell out fast enough.

Had a nice dinner at Maxi'sast night and a rather horrible dinner at The Balconey the night before (This might enrage LMTY / BU) but so be it.

Hope this helps somewhat!

fedssocr
November 8th, 2009, 08:49
I guess I will add my Bangkok Massage experience. While I would say it was less than stellar it was not a bad time. I think the boy I picked, "Hey" is very inexperienced and young. His cream massage used way too much cream, so much so that he had to go out half way through and get some more. And his insistence on focusing on one certain place despite my body language trying to dissuade him also leads me to think he is not experienced. While it was clear he didn't exactly have much in the way of training he seemed eager to please and the back rub part was OK, despite the excess of cream used. The other side was also fine. I wasn't particularly demanding in what I wanted him to do beyond that point, but he performed fine in what I did want. He clearly spoke almost no English, but I always find it hard to be too critical of that since I speak so little Thai.

One other issue is that once things get started downstairs at X Boys the thump thump music is loud and clear in mingling with the new age-y massage music. The cubicle walls do not go all the way to the ceiling so you can hear your neighbors and they can hear you pretty clearly. Showers down the hall but the cubicle locks and the masseur holds the key. Cubicles are small with a simple mat slightly raised off the floor. No proper massage table of course. The a/c was also a bit too cool for my taste.

Was it a 5-star, incredible experience? Certainly not. Would I go back? Maybe. I think it might be better to select one of the older boys who has some more experience. But many of the guys there are certainly very cute. However this city is over-run with cute guys. :-) I am lucky I don't live here or I would be broke.

I wonder if part of Firecat's issue may have been in choosing a 4-hands massage. I think many times the boys are reluctant to do things when they are in the presence of one of their friends/colleagues that they might do alone.

November 8th, 2009, 09:58
I paid my bill, but did not leave a tip.

Well, that'll show 'em!

TrongpaiExpat
November 8th, 2009, 13:31
I have several visiting farang friends that are just in town for three nights and wanted to see the famous Bangkok sex shows, so last night I checked every bar on Soi Twilight, and around Silom and it was the same story everywhere, NO SEX, only big cock and dancing shows. I asked everyone I know why and when is this ban going to be lifted and I got quite a few different answers from door boys, waiters and one owner I know. Let's just say, no one knows how long but as I said before, no ban or crackdown lasts forever in Thailand.

High season just kicked in with a sex show ban now I expect a few pee drug raids thrown in just to top it off.

If there's no sex show, fine but don't charge 280B for a drink if it's just a go-go bar. Time for the soi Twilight bars to wake up.

November 8th, 2009, 13:53
I have several visiting farang friends that are just in town for three nights and wanted to see the famous Bangkok sex shows, so last night I checked every bar on Soi Twilight, and around Silom and it was the same story everywhere, NO SEX, only big cock and dancing shows. I asked everyone I know why and when is this ban going to be lifted and I got quite a few different answers from door boys, waiters and one owner I know. Let's just say, no one knows how long but as I said before, no ban or crackdown lasts forever in Thailand.

High season just kicked in with a sex show ban now I expect a few pee drug raids thrown in just to top it off.

If there's no sex show, fine but don't charge 280B for a drink if it's just a go-go bar. Time for the soi Twilight bars to wake up.

Screwboys did a fuck show last night

TrongpaiExpat
November 8th, 2009, 14:06
Screwboys did a fuck show last night

Thanks, I'll try them tonight. If it's a no go, I'll off a few boys and arrange my own show at some short time room just to shut up these visiting farangs and get them off my back. If I have to I'll join in on the show, that should shut them up!

TrongpaiExpat
November 15th, 2009, 11:51
Continuing with this update. I was on soi Twilight last night (Saturday) and was told by a door man I have know for years that there would be a sex show with fucking at Boys Bangkok. He then came in Boys Bangkok and said better I go upstairs to Dream Boys and took me in via the back stairs. He said sex shows on the second floor bars only.

The place was packed and there were only a few seats empty and more chairs were being placed between seats. Drinks were 260B, second drinks 200B. There must be a good show coming to attract this crowd.

The show started with a big cock show of maybe 15 boys, full exposure. Then a series of dance numbers, a few erotic dance numbers with a little full exposure and some incidental sa-moke-ing. No fucking show, no Pepsi show, no swing from the trapeze and a few very stupid lady boy routines.

I went back the door man and he had excuses, something about a VIP and the police--I doubt it. You come back next week.

I then went over to Future Boys for the midnight show. Drinks at 230 and 100 for the second. I was told there would be no fucking show and there wasn't. Big cock show, less boys than Dream Boys. No lady boys, a few dance numbers and some erotic dance routines with full exposure. The side stage, shower/chuck-wow show was closed off with curtains.

I noticed one of the boys that performs as the bottom in the show and asked him about fuck shows. He said, next week and then added maybe.

bkkguy
November 15th, 2009, 19:00
ScrewBoys in Patpong2 is still managing to do fucking shows every night

bkkguy

TrongpaiExpat
November 15th, 2009, 19:15

bkkguy

What time?

fedssocr
November 15th, 2009, 20:49
It's a pretty high price to pay to see a fucking show. I stopped in Screwboy last week and the music was so loud my eardrums were just about bleeding. I couldn't stand to be in the place for long. A couple of attractive guys and some ladyboy mamasans who were a little on the pushy side but relatively easily ignored.

November 15th, 2009, 22:24

bkkguy

What time?

After 1.00am