giggsy
October 27th, 2009, 19:44
[youtube:2mqq652h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aeLL3tkoO-o[/youtube:2mqq652h]

[youtube:2mqq652h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9LIYkhhEyo[/youtube:2mqq652h]

[youtube:2mqq652h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r148hIYBOTM[/youtube:2mqq652h]

[youtube:2mqq652h]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjZKT8NGjSA[/youtube:2mqq652h]

stevehadders
October 28th, 2009, 01:18
Some crazy people around - you are read the speech about dealing with drugs before you land in Bangkok - you see the signs at the airport. Those who take this crazy risk have to accept the often dire consequences if caught.

1PR4BKK
October 28th, 2009, 03:38
This is "must-see" video for anyone who is a first-timer to Thailand. I remember being given the speech about the do's and don't's of Thailand prior to my first arrival. When I heard that even speaking ill of the King was a punishable offense I knew this was a country in which not to be caught on the wrong side of the law.

For me, Thailand was unlike anything I had ever experienced. It was overwhelming and I knew I wanted to come back again and again. HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand. Signs are everywhere that Thailand has a zero tolerance drug policy and oftentimes non-Thai (farang) offenders are punished more severely and more swiftly. I get nervous just bringing vitamin supplements and my favorite spices to Thailand.

If anyone needs to illegally fund their stay in Thailand, they may want to consider hustling in their own country before heading back to the "good life" of the LOS. At least if they get caught back home doing their dirt they might have better access to proper legal representation and deals. These people and the likes need to realize that imprisonment in Thailand is not like the 5 star prison/hotels back home. Or, they may know the consequences and conditions and are so arrogant in their belief that they will never get caught. Oh well...

October 28th, 2009, 04:08
..........you are read the speech about dealing with drugs before you land in Bangkok - ..........

I must have slept through this "speech" every time then - as it has never been read out on any airline's flight into BKK that I have been on.

Of course, maybe it's selective: perhaps this "speech" is only read out when the aircraft has originated from somewhere particularly dodgy - England for example.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

October 28th, 2009, 04:27
..........you are read the speech about dealing with drugs before you land in Bangkok - ..........

I must have slept through this "speech" every time then - as it has never been read out on any airline's flight into BKK that I have been on.

Of course, maybe it's selective: perhaps this "speech" is only read out when the aircraft has originated from somewhere particularly dodgy - England for example.

:laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3: :laughing3:

With Edinburgh having the highest percentage of smackheads in Europe we bow to your superior knowledge... :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy: :notworthy:

Dani69
October 28th, 2009, 05:51
All got what they deserve throw away the key- but in general the series is a joke and bad for theThai economy.

zinzone
October 28th, 2009, 13:45
Well done to Giggsy for making the effort and letting us see this series. The last episode concentrates on total losers who are all guilty of various crimes and locked away in Thai jails deserving no sympathy at all.
Notice that throughout the series there really nothing about the gay life/boy bars etc in Thailand. But maybe that is a good thing as perhaps the wrong impression would have been given.

October 28th, 2009, 15:55
HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand.So you never pay a boy for sex in Thailand, ever?

Koh Samui Luv
October 28th, 2009, 16:46
HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand.So you never pay a boy for sex in Thailand, ever?

Copper Pheel, certainly by now you must realize that there are many on this board who are so self-righteous that they would have you believe that they are reincarnations of Mother Theresa.

October 28th, 2009, 16:56
they would have you believe that they are reincarnations of Mother Theresa.I've always wondered if she was suppressing lesbian feelings.

1PR4BKK
October 28th, 2009, 23:24
[quote=1PR4BKK]HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand.So you never pay a boy for sex in Thailand, ever?

Copper Pheel, certainly by now you must realize that there are many on this board who are so self-righteous that they would have you believe that they are reincarnations of Mother Theresa.[/quote:uqqs83p3]

Wow FOX News, the only fault in my post is that sentence. Hmmm. Self-righteous I am not. Like I said, "I" would not do anything in Thailand that would risk my freedom. People are going to do what they want to do regardless of risk. In my post I did not condemn anyone for their activities, I was basically saying just know the consequences, watch your back and be prepared to pay the price. I have all kinds of friends in Thailand and at home that are involved in some interesting activities. I do not judge them on what they do (as a self-righteous individual might). I just advise them to make sure I am far enough away before they do anything that would put my safety or freedom in jeopardy.

Example: There have been a couple of times in Thailand when I have shown restraint instead kicking some farang's ass for some dumb shit they did or said to me. Because this is not my country, I know that I could possibly be taken to jail and that the justice system is not going to be fair to me. However, back home, that ass would have been mine and my defense team might be able to work something out.

Anyway, giggsy, thanks for the video. I have copied the URL from YouTube and forwarded it to a few of my friends that are traveling with me there in a few weeks so they can be warned. Hopefully, we can all have fun in the LOS and not extend our stay the wrong way.

October 29th, 2009, 02:05

As doing so is not a crimnal offence, the question is irrelevant.

October 29th, 2009, 02:43
[quote=1PR4BKK]HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand.So you never pay a boy for sex in Thailand, ever?

As doing so is not a crimnal offence, the question is irrelevant.[/quote:3qwt7b2f]

Depends how old the boy is..........

October 29th, 2009, 07:33

Actually the age would only affect the level of punishment as prostitution is illegal in Thailand regardless of age - a fact which seems to escape a high percentage of board members (especially the holier-than-thou ones who complain about fag smoke in bars but who seem content to break the prostitution law at will)

As for your comment regarding Edinburgh - source please? Put up or shut up! (Although I realise that the chance of you ever shutting up is infinitely small, more's the pity)

Thats all.

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

October 29th, 2009, 10:22

Actually the age would only affect the level of punishment as prostitution is illegal in Thailand regardless of age - a fact which seems to escape a high percentage of board members (especially the holier-than-thou ones who complain about fag smoke in bars but who seem content to break the prostitution law at will)

As for your comment regarding Edinburgh - source please? Put up or shut up! (Although I realise that the chance of you ever shutting up is infinitely small, more's the pity)

Thats all.

:protest: :protest: :protest: :protest: :protest:

not quite right - the customer is not committing an offence as long as the prostitute is at least 18yo, and he does not procure the services in a public place or cause a public nuisance

October 29th, 2009, 13:20
HOWEVER, there is no way in hell I would risk my freedom by committing any criminal activity in Thailand.So you never pay a boy for sex in Thailand, ever?Like I said, "I" would not do anything in Thailand that would risk my freedom.Is that a convoluted way of saying "no"?

October 29th, 2009, 13:22
not quite right - the customer is not committing an offence as long as the prostitute is at least 18yo, and he does not procure the services in a public place or cause a public nuisanceIs a go-go bar a "public place" in Thai law?

October 30th, 2009, 07:35
[quote="dave_syd":2t5c63t9]not quite right - the customer is not committing an offence as long as the prostitute is at least 18yo, and he does not procure the services in a public place or cause a public nuisanceIs a go-go bar a "public place" in Thai law?[/quote:2t5c63t9]

Exactement!

Zut Alors!

:hello1: :hello1: :hello1:

October 30th, 2009, 15:54
Is a go-go bar a "public place" in Thai law?

No.

The law, known as the "GI Bill", is quite specific and has been covered here at length and in detail a number of times. Unless the client is making a disturbance in a public place, or, for example, attempting to procure the services of someone who is not a prostitute and causing offence, procuring the services of a prostitute is not an offence; if the prostitute is under age that is a different offence entirely.