PDA

View Full Version : Bargain Condo Bangkok sale... easy payments ok

rincondog
October 25th, 2009, 01:15
Pathetic pictures of a condo.

Beachlover
October 25th, 2009, 07:06
I agree... terrible photography. Looks pretty dark and gloomy... in the middle of no where.

jimnbkk
October 25th, 2009, 08:04
The only interior photo is of a toilet.

He could at least have put the seat down. Didn't his mother teach him anything?

quiet1
October 25th, 2009, 08:48
I wasn't going to comment on the quality and content of the photos, but since the door's open:

Speaking of that toilet pic, doesn't it seem a bit odd that the photographer took the effort to squat down to be the level of the fixture? Why not take a picture from a regular standing posture and have a normal view into the loo, maybe even showing the sink/counter or more? Strange.

Smiles
October 25th, 2009, 10:09
Bottoms Up receives another eviction notice.
Someone might get a very good deal on this dump if you wait him out until 3 or 4 days before he's hauled off the property.

What's the ghastly pattern on that hong naam rug?

October 25th, 2009, 10:36
At one time, I thought a gay blog might be initiated for the purpose of keeping gay colleagues informed about life in Thailand, offering helpful suggestions, advice about dealing with local boys. Then I observed that 90% of the time, on SGT, just about any posting, including death, terminal illness, tragedy of any sort, is fair game for the most unhelpful, obnoxious, bitchy commentary. Even something as minor as amateurish photos of a condo elicits a string of catty remarks. BUT, now that I understand the nature of SGT posters, I can sit back, laugh, and enjoy the absurdity of life in general. Much more entertaining than any of the "serious" blogs about gay life in LOS.

Smiles
October 25th, 2009, 10:57
" ... BUT, now that I understand the nature of SGT posters, I can sit back, laugh, and enjoy the absurdity of life in general. Much more entertaining than any of the "serious" blogs about gay life in LOS ... "
Epiphany-like? A Zen experience, given a certain frame of mind.
Congratulations. :hello1:

Actually, there is loads of good info to be found on Sawatdee. You just have to use some common sense discretion and have an expensive chaff sifter handy.
The reason why Bottoms Up elicits the remarks he does is because he has proved himself ~ time over time ~ to be a bullshitter par excellence on just about every topic he starts: touting, bragging, exaggerating, swaggering, boring-all etc etc is his MO. Folks of his ilk get what they deserve, especially on this sometimes tough Board.

In this particular case, Bottoms Up is flogging an incredibly down market one room (+ a tiny bathroom) apartment with a distinctly pedestrian view, a nondescript front entrance, located in a decidedly low end neighbourhood in Bangkok ... all of which he ignores, and instead prefers to call it 'cozy, luxury, fabulous'.
Well, whatever! Given this, and his god-awful posting history, don't you think a few catty remarks are not well deserved?

There is a very similar post (i.e. an apt in BKK for sale) put up by TravelerJim recently at << gay-thailand/luxury-center-condo-great-value-for-sale-t18572.html (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/luxury-center-condo-great-value-for-sale-t18572.html) >> You won't find any of the replies like the ones you do here. Why? Simple. Because it's much more likely to be an honest post.

Impulse
October 25th, 2009, 11:36
Speaking of that toilet pic, doesn't it seem a bit odd that the photographer took the effort to squat down to be the level of the fixture? Maybe the photographer is just short.On many of the real estate sites,when they show studios,often you will see a photo of just the bed and sometimes a lump under the covers,maybe a boy or girlfriend.Just think if BU didnt rave about whatever he is touting how odd that would seem. You can only put so much lipstick on a pig.

thonglor55
October 25th, 2009, 11:40
Didn't his mother teach him anything?Your mother taught you to chase nice girls, settle down and raise the grandchildren for her but I suspect you don't follow those teachings.

PinkSilom
October 25th, 2009, 16:27
Well my posting history is exemplary and I have only ever told the truth, I confirm my stories if they have come from a third party and most I find my self for friends Ihave all over Thailand, I have said to him and others many times, prove I have told any lies and then we can believe the ball shit you come out with

Thanks for all your good and bad compliments, but I do hope with the new ownership and David of La Cage as the New Manager of Throb, yes you did hear correct, this all new regime will be the breath of fresh air we need in the town ...

October 25th, 2009, 16:59
half a brain.........yes of course in the days i was a property developer, 80s/90s this was music to my eyes, touting, bragging, exaggerating, swaggering, You must understand this forum is like a gay family I know some are half way to a mental home but they say there is more out than in,.....
Well my posting history is exemplary and I have only ever told the truth,prove I have told any lies......., its just that these bars, are where gay Thai students frequent and me.

I nearly choked from laughter when I read the "Property Developer' statement.
The only thing you came to that was running a Peter Rachman style house(singular) where you got cheques from the Govt to keep poor souls with a bed and a bit of food!!!
I am sure there are a lot of THIN individuals still running around.

Please explain what Pink Silom means under your other title? To lie or not lie that is the question!!

You just do not know when to give up do you?

October 25th, 2009, 17:51
Wow some of you do show your ignorance, of course the photos are not to farang standards

They are not up to any standards, Thai or farang.

And while we're at it, are Thai standards of photography lower than Western ones? If so, I was certainly unaware.

Beachlover
October 25th, 2009, 18:00
Laughing stock lol.

October 25th, 2009, 19:16
So what properties have you developed, exactly? And I don't mean putting up hotels on the Monopoly board.

October 25th, 2009, 19:26
"Running a hotel"...does that pass for being a "property developer" these days? You and Basil Fawlty. LOL.

October 25th, 2009, 19:47
Still waiting to hear about your adventures in "property development". LOL.

October 25th, 2009, 20:03
Wonderful, you've had many properties.

What we're trying to establish is if you have ever been a PROPERTY DEVELOPER, or just a big-mouthed liar?

We already know you're lying about seeing me in Saphan Kwai. Why didn't you say "hello" if you saw me?

bao-bao
October 25th, 2009, 21:57
If the photo was more than merely a "melt on your mouth" low-quality phone shot you'd see it isn't a pattern. It's just a plain beige rug. :pottytrain5: :pukeright:

However, it was hilarious the way Let Me Lick You seemed to - ahem - pleasure himself with his fantasies regarding Smiles life in this tirade. Gave me a good laugh this morning!

I liked his usage of "ball shit" above to describe something as untrue, though. He may well be the board jester! :cheers:

October 27th, 2009, 12:58
Just a quick thanks to all the genuinely interest Guys, in this bargain of the year.

I thought the @Richards sale was the bargain of the year? How many "bargains of the year" (not to mention dearest friends) do you have, exactly?

As for the tom-toms going off when you're in town...I hear they are more of a warning than a welcome.

October 27th, 2009, 14:27
I thought the @Richards sale was the bargain of the year?Did that sale go through?

October 29th, 2009, 10:50
this property will sell for 1.6 mil if you do it up and you can rent it for at least 14000 a month. so I would have thought its not such a bad deal after all.

I've really enjoyed living in this neighborhood in the past, but I could rent a large 3 bed detached house in a nicer part of the Ramkhamhaeng/Bangkapi area for less than 14000 baht a month.

It's a nice enough place, but a truly bizarre valuation.

lonelywombat
October 29th, 2009, 11:25
I know a man who would be delighted to buy the condo. LMTU is a recently well off expat who has a substantial property CV who is looking to make a killing in the property market.

You might remember both he and Edith were very strong in their promotion of Oceans1. I believe they were paid huge spotting commissions on the poor souls who parted with their money.

If current rumours are correct he is now training Thai real estate salesmen in the fine art of flogging real estate in a dead market.

November 1st, 2009, 02:57
.......you can rent it for at least 14000 a month.....

In your dream. I am renting a 35 sqm studio in Sumhumvit soi 13, on 12th floor with Asoke street view, nice fitness room, pool, jacuzzi, Villa market across the street, many farang restaurants and bars nearby. I pay only 15000 a month on six month contract!!
:sex:

November 1st, 2009, 04:29
.......you can rent it for at least 14000 a month.....

In your dream. I am renting a 35 sqm studio in Sumhumvit soi 13, on 12th floor with Asoke street view, nice fitness room, pool, jacuzzi, Villa market across the street, many farang restaurants and bars nearby. I pay only 15000 a month on six month contract!!
:sex:

Scott, everything is a dream with LMTU he hasn't woken up since he fell out of his push chair and banged his head a few years ago........

:hello1:

November 1st, 2009, 09:03
14,000 baht for a condo that size in that part of town is completely insane.

More like 7-8,000.

November 1st, 2009, 09:25
Certainly looks "classy" in those "classy" photographs.

I repeat: 7-8,000 baht max.

November 1st, 2009, 09:30

...am with you Martha! :headbang:

November 1st, 2009, 18:10
Certainly looks "classy" in those "classy" photographs.

I repeat: 7-8,000 baht max.

Even at 8,000 nobody would stay there - have a look at the LPN condo place on Ramkhamhaeng 44 (empty).

The demographics just aren't right to justify that kind of price, even if it's good quality. It's mostly Ramkhamhaeng Uni and ABAC students in that area, with some middle-income Thais who work locally or commute on the Klong Saen Saep (canal). Not too many foreigners around (some language school teachers and University teachers, and some African guys).

In general, Mr. Somchai isn't going to pay over half his earnings for a box with a view.

November 1st, 2009, 19:11
It's mostly Ramkhamhaeng Uni and ABAC students in that area.Some people might consider that to be a plus. Every other bar boy seems to live out that way too.