PDA

View Full Version : Luxury Center Condo - Great Value - For Sale!

travelerjim
October 24th, 2009, 15:18
Dear Friends,

An American friend has decided to place his newly remodeled Center Condo for sale -
due to immediate family health reasons back in America.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/CenterCondos.jpg

This one bedroom condo is in perfect condition...and ready to move into!
Located on high floor (14th) and facing East, with patio...this condo is ...
Fully furnished, two leather LazyBoy Recliners, Teak Dining Table/Chairs,
42" LCD Samsung Flat Screen TV with Surround Sound System, King Size bed,
Frost Free double door refrigerator, electric stove, oven and convection oven, microwave,
twin high efficiency air conditioners, washer & dryer...with much, more more ...
for your immediate move in and enjoyment.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/scan001.jpg

The Center Condo location on South Pattaya Road,
across from TukCom IT Center,
is location, location, location for South Pattaya.

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y64/travelerjim/scan002.jpg

Offered at 2.7 Million Thai Baht, it is extraordinary good value.
It is in foreigner name.

For more information and personal showing, , please pm me.

Thank you,

tj

October 24th, 2009, 21:39
Do you know what the monthly and annual condo charges are for maintenance, security etc ?

October 25th, 2009, 01:05
You would have to pay me to live in Center Condo......................

Impulse
October 25th, 2009, 04:06
You would have to pay me to live in Center Condo......................Do you even know where it is? It is kinda old the building.But the location is great for the bars.Like the Sunday buffet too.Some cute go go boys man the grill.

thonglor55
October 25th, 2009, 05:32
It is kinda old the building.But the location is great for the bars.Like the Sunday buffet too.Some cute go go boys man the grill.Are there any posters who live there and can comment on the state of the building etc. - 2.7m does seem a bargain but if it's in an old building. What are the other outgoings? What are the facilities (UBC, ADSL etc.)?

travelerjim
October 25th, 2009, 12:59
Dear Friends,

I have been asked several good questions regarding this quality condo available for sale.

Center Condos on South Pattaya Road, easy walking distance to BoyzTown
Sunee Plaza, Day-Night area, markets, banks, restaurants and more...

I am pleased to share...
the responses I have gathered from the current owner:

Hello ...

The Annual Condo fee is 6,120 THB

Monthly condo fees for water, trash, water pump maintenance
and Sophon cable tv, which are all billed by the Condo Office
is 550 THB monthly.

DSL internet service is 590 THB monthly for 3MB TripleTBroadband (TTT)Service...
a good speed and reliable internet service.

Higher dsl speeds are available...examples: from TTT...
4MB 790 THB, 5MB 1000 THB, 10 MB speed is 1490 THB monthly.

The owner will leave his newer desktop computer and lcd flat screen monitor,
with printer, as part of the furnishings...and a comfy executive chair :-)

Electric is billed by the electric company and will vary depending
upon occupant usage, however the current owner says his electric bill
ranges between 1,800 - 2,300 THB monthly.
He says he runs the air conditioner nightly...and some days too.

UBC is available...not currently installed...for UBC Cable tv...
would cost 5,000 THB to have UBC connect to condo building (use their line),
plus UBC monthly fees ranging from 900 - 1600 THB monthly depending
on cable package chosen.

However, the local Sophon Cable TV offers 60 channels of tv...many choices...
in several languages as well...which is included in the monthly 550 THB
fee paid to the condo office.

The condo complex has a large swimming pool and on-site parking.

The local rentals for this quality of 1 BR condo at Center Condo,
according to the current owner...and other owners in Center Condo,
is in the range of 20-22,000 THB monthly.

At 20,000 THB monthly & 240,000 THB annual gross rental, the return on
2.7 Million THB investment would be approximately a gross of 8.8%..
less condo fees, maintenance and vacancy factor.

This quality condo offers a good return possible for the owner/investor
who wishes to purchase now and retire/reside in the condo later...
or keep solely as an investment.

Location, location, location is the best in South Pattaya!

Feel free to ask added questions...
or if you would like to see/inspect the condo,
just pm me...

Many thanks!

tj

October 25th, 2009, 13:49
You would have to pay me to live in Center Condo......................Do you even know where it is? It is kinda old the building.But the location is great for the bars.Like the Sunday buffet too.Some cute go go boys man the grill.

Yes I do dear.........It is at the back of South Pattaya Second hand market by Cucumber. It is full of elderly farangs and hookers (male and female) and has 1 shithole star more than Yensabai Condo..............

October 25th, 2009, 16:37
It is kinda old the building.But the location is great for the bars.Like the Sunday buffet too.Some cute go go boys man the grill.Are there any posters who live there and can comment on the state of the building etc. - 2.7m does seem a bargain but if it's in an old building. What are the other outgoings? What are the facilities (UBC, ADSL etc.)?

I lived there before buying my house. My unit was a corner unit 123 sqm 2 bedroom 2 bath. Completely renovated with marble tile and all new air conditioners over looking the ocean. Bought it for 3.75 million which included the renovation.

I liked the location. Once inside your own unit it was nice. The elevators are TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS and very slow. Several months ago, one elevator's brakes gave out and luckily plunged only 2 floors to the bottom. The security staff is not that good, but friendly. The parking lot is often too full. Several motorbikes stolen while I was there. The units keep being refurbished which causes a lot of noise and dust with debris left in the hall ways or lobby. The management (Joe, if still there ) was rude to my friend that also owned there telling him he was just an old man and should go back to America, when my friend went with a complaint. The street level shops can be a problem. Many seem closed now but before had clubs open late which took up parking and blocked cars in

It is a good location. Has a good laundry and decent restaurant in the complex which delivers to the room. Has some really nice farang living in the complex. Good location. Right on the main baht bus route. Thai market great. Good late night food stalls on the street. Good location to both Sunee and Boystown area. Close to the Pattaya beach and the new Central Mall.

To me the unit shown is a good deal. I am not sure you should count on 20,000 baht rent though you might get it. I would plan on 10,000 and when you get more be happy

CoffeeBreak
October 25th, 2009, 20:11
I recently visited some friends in Center Condo. My friends are desperate to leave the place as the building is old and run down. The corrodoors are like prison walkways and each room like a cell often with an iron grill on the front door. One of the many problems with the place is the amount of screaming thais who leave dirty plates in the hallways, leave their doors open all the time with the stink of cooking invading neighbours apartments and are constantly having drunken parties at all hours plus other Thais have yelling kids keeping others awake at all times.
There are many loser straight farangs in the block and if you bring your Thai b/f's into the lift be warned there will often be a straight ready to start a fight. Not only did my friends tell me this happens often but I happened to witness such an incident when I travelled up in the lift with an obviously gay man with a Thai boy and some aggressive straight with his hag bar girl. There was almost a fight.
I cannot believe anyone would want to live in center condo as it is dillapadated and well past its sell by date.

Brad the Impala
October 26th, 2009, 01:41
so its sad for the old boys takes some a while to realize they are way past there sell by date.

And others even longer to notice that they are well past their welcome date. You can keep banning them, but they still keep crawling back like earwigs. Some of your recent posts sink beneath even your own low standards in snide innuendo.

quiet1
October 26th, 2009, 09:38
I've also read (online) and heard (bar talk) that there are some noise issues with the neighbors: the wat begins chanting and other celebrations on LOUD speakers from early morning. Ditto for the school across the street -- apparently the female (principal?) has a particularly annoying voice when her screeching at her pupils begins quite early in the morning.

However, the old realtor maxim: "Location, location, location," seems to give considerable value to the building.

At least the noise from Hollywood Disco went away when that establishment moved.

zinzone
October 26th, 2009, 10:06
A few months back I terminated my lease at Center Condo and moved elsewhere.
I was on a low floor so used the stairs instead of the appallingly lift service but apart from that aggravation other problems incl: 1) the tap and shower water is usually dirty and despite constant complaints nothing done about it 2) whilst I did not have to take the elevator when I used the stairs and most floors I passed on my way up stink of cat piss and there is no regulation re pets 3) even more serious is that some apartments are infested with cockroaches and ants and one time my neighbour who has also moved out was hospitalised as a result of an ant attack when he was asleep in his bed 4) poor security .
The building is aged and is most definitely not recommended.

October 26th, 2009, 10:18
Good luck to Travelerjim's "American friend". Ha!

But how much does he want for those his and her matching naugahyde La-Z-Boy recliners? Extremely tasteful.

Koh Samui Luv
October 26th, 2009, 11:49

But how much does he want for those his and her matching naugahyde La-Z-Boy recliners? Extremely tasteful.

I am prepared to make an immediate offer of 100,000 Thai Bhat (One Hundred Thousand Only) spot cash for the condo only. The nauga and La-Z-Boys must go! Take it or leave it.[attachment=0:22jmgcbt]nauga.jpg[/attachment:22jmgcbt]

thonglor55
October 26th, 2009, 13:52
In summary then, the condo might be luxurious but the building certainly isn't? No wonder it's a bargain. It sounds like a fairly typical condo investment story in Thailand - rather like the flight attendants outfits when flying on Thai Airways. Sumptuous silks to begin, tatty street clothes to end. Amazing Thailand.

travelerjim
October 26th, 2009, 16:52

FYI...SOME COMMENTS REGARDING POSTINGS...

Center Condos - South Pattaya Road...
Next to Wat Chai & across from TukCom
Easy walking distance to Boyztown, Sunee Plaza, Day-Night area, and more...

The Two LazyBoy Chairs are real Leather...(not otherwise)...
and original cost was 55,000 THB EACH.

The quality of the furniture and fixtures throughout is very high ...
the teak wood furniture, finishing and doors is beautifully crafted...

And, for those who do want CONVENIENCE...
LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION -
the condos at center Condo are for you!

Yes, as in most condo projects...
especially in Thailand...
management and maintenance...
as well as security and tenants..
can and may be problematic at times...

Some friends of mine who have occupied Center Condos...
would not ...choose to live elsewhere...yet...
others wish they had never moved in!

The comments shared on this board and others are valid...
and must be considered....the rental value stated of 10,000 THB
is very LOW...and one owner who owns many in Center Condo
has stated he believes it would rent for 20-22,000 THB due to its quality.

A "long term" year lease + tenant at the mid-point is probably a very real scenario...
because of its location and quality of furnishings and 1BR condo.

"UP TO YOU"..but this condo is quality and
if you like the location...
AGAIN - LOCATION - LOCATION - LOCATION...
IT'S a great value!

tj

Koh Samui Luv
October 26th, 2009, 17:29

The Two LazyBoy Chairs are real Leather...(not otherwise)...
and original cost was 55,000 THB EACH.

The quality of the furniture and fixtures throughout is very high ...
the teak wood furniture, finishing and doors is beautifully crafted...

Look, I told you I don't want the La-Z-Boy recliners even in leather or anything else! I don't want all that other stuff this guy has dragged in there either since the male prostitutes I pick up will only think I am a real fool owning all that and they will up their tips they expect!

The place is sufficiently down-market and that is the image I want to keep so the boys selling their asses don't get any fancy ideas.

My offer of 100,000 Thai Baht for the condo stands. Take it or leave it. Up to you!

catawampuscat
October 26th, 2009, 21:27
51 sq.meters is a "studio" sized unit. Some have a dividing wall and have a windowless living room
and use the only windows (with the terrace door) as a bedroom but it is misleading to call it a one
bedroom.. In my book, you need a window in a room to call it a room. Maybe the price makes more
sense now.
Agreed, the elevators are a nightmare but the location is magical if you like to hit the Boystown sois,
DayNite and Sunee Plaza. It is an old condo by Pattaya standards and it can be sleezy with boys ringing
your bell if their regular customer isn't available or they just make the rounds. Security is a joke but
better than nothing.
I'd love to there right now.. :8(

Koh Samui Luv
October 27th, 2009, 00:03
A few months back I terminated my lease at Center Condo and moved elsewhere.
I was on a low floor so used the stairs instead of the appallingly lift service but apart from that aggravation other problems incl: 1) the tap and shower water is usually dirty and despite constant complaints nothing done about it 2) whilst I did not have to take the elevator when I used the stairs and most floors I passed on my way up stink of cat piss and there is no regulation re pets 3) even more serious is that some apartments are infested with cockroaches and ants and one time my neighbour who has also moved out was hospitalised as a result of an ant attack when he was asleep in his bed 4) poor security .
The building is aged and is most definitely not recommended.

Oh my god! This place really sounds like the pits. Ant attacks, cat piss and cockroaches added to all the noise in the area on top of almost non-existent maintenance. Holy shit!

October 27th, 2009, 01:25
51 sq.meters is a "studio" sized unit. ...it is misleading to call it a one
bedroom..

Agreed - the bedroom (even with a small bed) is a box; this is a bed-sit. Anyone who claims they could get 8.8% return and is selling is dreaming, but this is Pattaya and there's a fool along every minute (or maybe a little less frequently at the moment).

Brad the Impala
October 27th, 2009, 02:03
51 sq.meters is a "studio" sized unit. ...it is misleading to call it a one
bedroom..

Agreed - the bedroom (even with a small bed) is a box; this is a bed-sit.

Bedsits do not have their own bathrooms/toilets.

Shuee
October 27th, 2009, 03:18
from the pic you can see it has a large window to the right of the kitchen, & also the large glass double doors to balcony, but looks like none in bedroom, ok for light sleepers who wank up early with the morning light

October 27th, 2009, 03:59
from the pic you can see it has a large window to the right of the kitchen, & also the large glass double doors to balcony, but looks like none in bedroom, ok for light sleepers who wank up early with the morning light

How early do you WANK UP? :sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

giggsy
October 27th, 2009, 16:08

How early do you WANK UP? :sign5: :sign5: :sign5: :sign5:

:sign3: :sign3: :sign3:
Sometimes I'm a light sleeper and sleep with the light on. Other times I'm a hard sleeper and sleep with the window open.

October 28th, 2009, 01:36
[quote="Gone Fishing":3kmdj9x3]Agreed - the bedroom (even with a small bed) is a box; this is a bed-sit.

Bedsits do not have their own bathrooms/toilets.[/quote:3kmdj9x3]

I will bow to your superior personal knowledge and experience in this instance, Brad, however a number of internet dictionaries (
the free dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bedsitting+room), wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bedsit), the online dictionary (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/bedsit), and audio english (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/bedsit.htm), amongst many others) do not agree with you.

While you may be urged to quote Wikipedia as usual, I should point out that their article is given their lowest rating of "stub class": "Provides very little meaningful content" - rather like your posts.

October 28th, 2009, 01:39
Sometimes I'm a light sleeper and sleep with the light on. Other times I'm a hard sleeper and sleep with the window open.

Giggsy, I thought you were going to say "Sometimes I'm a light sleeper and sleep with the light on. Other times I'm a hard sleeper and sleep with a hard on".

October 28th, 2009, 01:44
The parking lot is often too full.

Mainly because they have opened it to the public for a 20 baht parking fee, regardless of whether you are visiting someone there or just going shopping, except for those with vehicles registered there.

Brad the Impala
October 28th, 2009, 02:40
[quote="Brad the Impala":9tyiau5l][quote="Gone Fishing":9tyiau5l]Agreed - the bedroom (even with a small bed) is a box; this is a bed-sit.

Bedsits do not have their own bathrooms/toilets.[/quote:9tyiau5l]

I will bow to your superior personal knowledge and experience in this instance, Brad, however a number of internet dictionaries (
the free dictionary (http://www.thefreedictionary.com/bedsitting+room), wiktionary (http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/bedsit), the online dictionary (http://onlinedictionary.datasegment.com/word/bedsit), and audio english (http://www.audioenglish.net/dictionary/bedsit.htm), amongst many others) do not agree with you.
[/quote:9tyiau5l]

Actually your own references, obscure as they are, and painstakingly researched as being the closest on the web to what you needed, define a bedsit as "a furnished sitting room with sleeping accommodations (and some plumbing)". You may be willing to piss in a basin on a regular basis, but fortunately most of the world don't think that makes it a toilet, or a bathroom!

maisoui
October 28th, 2009, 05:07
ok for light sleepers who wank up early with the morning light

What's the point of living there if you have to sharpen your own pencils?

Impulse
October 28th, 2009, 08:11
In summary then, the condo might be luxurious but the building certainly isn't? No wonder it's a bargain. It sounds like a fairly typical condo investment story in Thailand - rather like the flight attendants outfits when flying on Thai Airways. Sumptuous silks to begin, tatty street clothes to end. Amazing Thailand. Very funny. I would love to know what prices these units sell for.In the states we have comparible sales and a multi listing service.Its fairly transparent,except for the bidding process. Also,what is the longevity of these condo buildings. Centre condo was built in the 90's I believe,but it looks older.No matter how well you keep up the inside of your'e unit,you must rely on others for the building maintenance.And the sinking fund,how can that be prevented?

October 28th, 2009, 08:41
http://www.shootpool-pattaya.com/ this is what you'll have to live with..............

October 28th, 2009, 13:58
In the states we have comparible sales and a multi listing service.Its fairly transparent,except for the bidding process.Transparency? Thailand?

October 29th, 2009, 00:40
quote="rocket"] ..... And the sinking fund,how can that be prevented?[/quote]

Center Condo's sinking??? No wonder they all want to sell!!!!

[quote="Gone Fishing":2mvuvijl] ...........

..............[/quote:2mvuvijl]

Knock yourself out here (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/any-other-country/fire-magic-t18602.html#p190613), Brad.

November 20th, 2009, 16:01
Hi Pattayamale

I was interested in your comments about center condo and I'd like to talk to you about them. I have been tossing up an idea of buying a unit in that place similar to the one you now own or owned sometime ago. A large unit with 120 squares of floor space would be ideal forme, I have tried semding a PM to you but this wont let me do it. Could you send an email to me at Roderick17@hotmail so that I can contact you.

Many thanks

Roderick

I lived there before buying my house. My unit was a corner unit 123 sqm 2 bedroom 2 bath. Completely renovated with marble tile and all new air conditioners over looking the ocean. Bought it for 3.75 million which included the renovation.

I liked the location. Once inside your own unit it was nice. The elevators are TERRIBLE and DANGEROUS and very slow. Several months ago, one elevator's brakes gave out and luckily plunged only 2 floors to the bottom. The security staff is not that good, but friendly. The parking lot is often too full. Several motorbikes stolen while I was there. The units keep being refurbished which causes a lot of noise and dust with debris left in the hall ways or lobby. The management (Joe, if still there ) was rude to my friend that also owned there telling him he was just an old man and should go back to America, when my friend went with a complaint. The street level shops can be a problem. Many seem closed now but before had clubs open late which took up parking and blocked cars in

It is a good location. Has a good laundry and decent restaurant in the complex which delivers to the room. Has some really nice farang living in the complex. Good location. Right on the main baht bus route. Thai market great. Good late night food stalls on the street. Good location to both Sunee and Boystown area. Close to the Pattaya beach and the new Central Mall.

To me the unit shown is a good deal. I am not sure you should count on 20,000 baht rent though you might get it. I would plan on 10,000 and when you get more be happy

Impulse
November 21st, 2009, 08:34
Are you saying half the members here live in centre condo?! They dont call me rocket scientist for nothing.

November 22nd, 2009, 08:59
Are you saying half the members here live in centre condo?! They dont call me rocket scientist for nothing.And I'll be joining them soon. I hope some of them play bridge; I do so look forward to a hand in the evening but I've never managed to persuade Boy Special that it's a game worthy of his attention.