PDA

View Full Version : I need gay accomodation in Vientiane

rubymunro
October 24th, 2009, 10:14
Doing a visa run to Vientiane, 17th November 2009, staying 4 nights, i need something central, reasonably priced to stay, and pref gay/gay friendly, any ideas would be appreciated.

yaraboy
October 27th, 2009, 12:15
No specific gay accomodation apart from Golden Banana but I found it overpriced dingy and with a disinterested staff. As long as you are somwhat discrete most places are Ok with guests. Lao Orchid is nice and about $40 with breakfast. Same block as new gay bar GQ. Douang Douane 2blocks over is basic and about $25

globalwanderer
November 3rd, 2009, 21:12
Douang Douane... NO PROBLEMS WITH GUESTS

JUST AVOID THE GROUND FLOOR ROOMS

November 4th, 2009, 01:32
Thanks. Any other good gay friendly accommodation recommendations for Laos?

Also, where's the best place to find a guest to bring back to that hotel?

yaraboy
November 17th, 2009, 00:21
Try Nam Phu (Fountain) after dark. Always a few interested boys there. GQ is new gay bar downtown. Many locals with absent Falang boy friends are there............some available. Sauna close by (up alley)can be good but have to take contact home as nothing much can happen in house. Warning........a few local boys on occassion have been known to spike drinks and take off with phone and wallet...........I know who they are. Suffice to suggest that you not get involved with more than one date as these boys hunt in a 2 or 3 man pack.

January 18th, 2010, 02:05
I spent four days at Green Park and you're allowed to have a guest during the day until 10 p.m.

yaraboy
January 18th, 2010, 10:20
Green Park is nice but expensive and not really walking distance to City Centre. Many new hotels in centre. As far as gay friendly most do not care. All you have to do is ask if guests are permitted. A few such as Beau Rivage and Tai Pan prohibit guests