PDA

View Full Version : Thai boys sure get around...

Beachlover
October 24th, 2009, 05:54
I did after all pass by Crazy Pub this evening, but Mr. BALL was not there. Maybe there is really a fan Yeraman, and maybe BALL did actually go off with him to Europe. The "Europe alumni" boys I have talked with did not have especially fond memories of their time abroad. Hope BALL will have better luck.

These boys sure get around.

In Sydney earlier this week I was sitting on the train on my way to a meeting and spotted a conspicuous pair. In a city full of suits during business hours, there was an older, overweight guy with a young Thai boy... interesting.

The older guy was middle-aged, Australian, fairly overweight, dressed in brown trousers, a big pink button-up shirt and blue suspenders. He was playing the tour guide... making all kinds of comments to the Thai boy who was not so young (maybe mid to late 20s) and of the fairly dark skinned variety (actually Cambodian maybe?).

The Thai boy looked like he had landed on Mars. He had this blank look on his face... looking around like he was barely comprehending what he was seeing around him. He'll have some real stories to tell when he gets back to his family.

We got off at the same stop, which is on the Northern end of the central business district where the Opera House and Harbour Bridge are. They wondered off towards the Opera House in the warm sun while I headed straight for the nearest skyscraper for what ended up being probably the longest and most convoluted meeting of the week :tongue3:

catawampuscat
October 24th, 2009, 07:23
beachlover, you might try a pm to MARK at Krazy Dragon and ask him about Ball.. Best if you also have
his number but you will probably get a response. Mark has been great about updating me on a lad
that holds a solid place in my thoughts.. He might not know if he went to Germany as the boys don't
tell the boss everything.. :idea:

Beachlover
October 24th, 2009, 07:44
Thanks Cat, but I think you mean to tell bobsaigon. I've never met Ball and don't know who he is.

October 24th, 2009, 11:17
BALL was at Crazy Pub, not at Krazy Dragon.

Impulse
October 25th, 2009, 11:44
BALL was at Crazy Pub, not at Krazy Dra
Thanks Cat, but I think you mean to tell bobsaigon. I've never met Ball and don't know who he is.Ok,wrong person,wrong bar......Are we still in Thailand? :dontknow:

cdnmatt
October 25th, 2009, 18:23
Weird thing is, you'll almost never hear a Thai boy saying they liked the foreign country more than Thailand. They'll basically always love Thailand more.

On the flip side, lots of us are extraditing to Thailand to live a better life. Yet, the Western world is supposed to the place for a great, happy, fulfilling and successful life. Go figure, eh?

October 25th, 2009, 18:26
Weird thing is, you'll almost never hear a Thai boy saying they liked the foreign country more than Thailand. They'll basically always love Thailand more.

On the flip side, lots of us are extraditing to Thailand to live a better life. Yet, the Western world is supposed to the place for a great, happy, fulfilling and successful life. Go figure, eh?

Thailand is the best place in the world -- that explains both them and us preferring it to our home countries.

cdnmatt
October 25th, 2009, 18:46

Thailand is the best place in the world -- that explains both them and us preferring it to our home countries.

Are you really this miserable in real life, or just online?

October 25th, 2009, 18:48

Are you really this miserable in real life, or just online?

You'll never know. You'll have to ask BU, as he claims to see me all over the place.

Dani69
October 25th, 2009, 22:18
I was in Pattaya last May/june and Balls BF then was a German (one of the owners of Crazy Pub i think) his name on gayromeo is "Treetz " and I see that he is now saying he is in Germany , so maybe Mr Ball is with him.

Impulse
October 26th, 2009, 00:56
cdnmatt wrote:

On the flip side, lots of us are extraditing to Thailand to live a better life. Yet, the Western world is supposed to the place for a great, happy, fulfilling and successful life. Go figure, eh? It takes a while for them to get used to the new country.The food and weather will never be what they're used to. I know many Filippinos here in America who think this is the richest country in the world,they dont realise its all barrowed and we owe trillions of dollars. They love it here after the initial shock of it all,but they reminisce about their country,their families and culture. I think they would bring over their family and cousins if they could. On the other hand,would we want to bring our relatives with us to asia to live with us? Ha ha,I dont think so.

cdnmatt
October 26th, 2009, 09:50
Thais remind me of Newfies (people from Newfoundland, Canada). Trying to get a newfie to move off the rock is next to impossible. They might go check out the world a little bit, but almost no matter what, will always end up back on the rock.

Same type of thing with Thais. They're more than happy being Thai, and love their country, which is good. I like it.

October 26th, 2009, 19:22

You're rather missing the point... maybe you will never hear a Thai boy in Pattaya saying he prefers another country, that's why they are still in Pattaya.

My Thai friends who actually live in the UK love it here and without exception have no plans to return to Thailand in the future. Most speak English fluently and have family (or friendly in-laws) here. In the case of my partner and me, we thankfully also have two Thai restaurants and a Thai supermarket on our street.

Thais do love their country and their national identity, but it is undermined by a virtual caste system and Chinese hegemony. It is easy for a Thai boy especially from North East and Southern provinces (or as a Thai Muslim, or ethnic minority like Hmong or Akka) to feel like a second-class citizen in Bangkok. Moreover, in the past few years there have been huge numbers of intelligent Thai graduates struggling to get even menial jobs (admittedly it's the same in England at the moment!).

Life in Europe and North America can be very liberating for those Thais who have the courage and the opportunity.

Brad the Impala
October 26th, 2009, 21:18
Sounds like there might be a pub in your road with the name of a famous general............