PDA

View Full Version : Another new Hotel in Silom area

Sen Yai
October 23rd, 2009, 19:56
The Glitz (http://www.glitzbangkok.com/index.html) hotel has just opened (soft launch) on Suriwongse Road, on the corner of Soi Tawan above the new Japenese restaurant, right opposite the Tawana and very close to D'Arni, Le Meridien, Silom Heritage and Tarntawan. http://www.glitzbangkok.com/index.html

".....the new haven for the young, the hip and the trendy traveler and businessman" so it won't appeal to old, dowdy retirees and expats :blackeye:

It's another 'boutique' hotel with just 14 rooms each decorated in a unique contemporary style. 32" LCD Tv's, Jacuzzi, WiFi and breakfast included. The soft launch rates give 400-500 baht off the regular rates which are in the 2.8k-3.5k range.

They are promoting themselves as 'gay friendly' but I can not confirm their joiner policy.

Beachlover
October 23rd, 2009, 21:08
This does look like a pretty good place.

- Large, well designed rooms with lots of natural light

- Nice big work desk near the window

- Bathtubs

- New fittings

- Good location

- Good mid-market rates

Anyone stayed there? I would stay there if the bigger hotels weren't so heavily discounted at the moment.

October 25th, 2009, 18:38
the new haven for the young, the hip and the trendy traveler

In possibly the least attractive neighborhood to the young, hip, and trendy? I think they need to redirect their advertisements at the old, drab, and pathetic.

October 25th, 2009, 21:10
[quote="Sen Yai":1xegsdy2]the new haven for the young, the hip and the trendy traveler

In possibly the least attractive neighborhood to the young, hip, and trendy? I think they need to redirect their advertisements at the old, drab, and pathetic.[/quote:1xegsdy2]

Young = bar staff
hip = hip replacements
trendy = sex tourism

krobbie
October 26th, 2009, 07:58
IMHO for 2.8k for the least expensive rooms you could stay at any number of places with a pool and small work-put room.

allieb
October 26th, 2009, 13:20
[quote="Sen Yai":39hva89r]the new haven for the young, the hip and the trendy traveler

In possibly the least attractive neighborhood to the young, hip, and trendy? I think they need to redirect their advertisements at the old, drab, and pathetic.[/quote:39hva89r]

And inclue Farang wearing sandels with socks

October 26th, 2009, 13:49
Not to mention sandals.