PDA

View Full Version : Vientiane, gay accomodation

rubymunro
October 23rd, 2009, 14:58
gay accomodation Vientiane? anyone have an idea? i have to do my visa 17 november, staying 4 nights, not sure where to stay, something not too expensive, near the gay places, clean and as gay as is possible !!

nanette
May 24th, 2010, 15:00
I had just spent 2 nights in 2 different hotels this past week and on both occassions the reception staff did not ask about my guests. The first was Avalon Hotel on Rue Phnom Penh(US30 per night with breakfast). The second was Vayakorn Guest House(US25 per night, no breakfast) on Nakeo Kumane street, both addresses located about 200-300M from the Mekong river. I had, during registration & in the absence of my friends, specifically asked the staff if I could have double occupancy for the night, and they said it was ok. So each friend joined me without even registering himself. However, there was a notice on the room door which explained that it was against Lao law to bring in Lao nationals to your room unless he/she was with you during check-in.

And these are young men from Gayromeo.... :happy7:

On another previous visit, I stayed at Lane Xang Hotel on Fa Ngum road(US35 with bf), & I had no problem bringing a Lao friend in.

goji
May 25th, 2010, 02:22
When I pulled in Vientiane, I met a guy and off we went on his moped to some short time hotel on the outskirts of town. All went well, although I certainly wouldn't want to spend the night there.

Information on gay friendly hotels is scarce. However judging by the numbers of female hookers hanging around late at night, plus a few rent boys, the rules on not sleeping with a local must not be enforced much.

yaraboy
May 26th, 2010, 11:16
Apart from Golden Banana which I would not recommend there are no GAY hotels in Vientiane. Most hotels will tolerate guests.Two that will not are Beau Rivage and Tai Pan. Loads of hotels to choose from as long as you can pay $30 plus.