PDA

View Full Version : New (really nice) go-go bar in Pattaya

cdnmatt
October 18th, 2009, 06:37
At least I'm pretty sure it's new, and it's off the beaten path, so thought I would mention it.

Not sure what it's called, but if you're at Tuckom, head down the soi towards JJ's Karaoke. In between JJ's and the Family Mart, there's a little side street where you can turn left. About 40 meters down there's a new go-go bar on your right hand side. You can't miss it, because if you're walking towards Family Mart, you'll have five guys screaming at you from the entrance half a block away.

I didn't sit down to have a drink, so I can't comment on drink prices or anything, and just took a quick peek. The initial impression was actually very impressive though. This is probably THE largest go-go bar I've ever seen in Pattaya, and by quite a bit. Very spacious, nicely done up, all the seats are nice white leather couches, etc. It just all around had a really nice ambiance to it, that I personally like at least.

The selection of boys seemed fairly limited, but this was at 1am, so it's to be expected. From the quick glance I had, they all looked of age, so no worries there. The doormen seemed fairly pushy, but that's a given considering they have a scream down the street for anyone to know there's a go-go bar there.

I don't know, guess I just have some sympathy for what looks to be a great go-go bar in an absolute shit location, so thought I'd drop a message about it. Head over for a drink, and let us know what it's like! :-)

October 18th, 2009, 08:38
I've been there a few times and I give them a thumbs up for effort. The host there is a real nice, earnest guy doing his best. The problem is his inventory needs work. The time I was there were maybe 7 or so on stage and they were just a bit too worn, old, badly groomed (three of them had that style where you create a little pointy hedge on your head going front to back...like a kewpie doll- ugh). It's been three weeks, so things probably have improved. The vastness of the stage made it look a bit bare... it would make a GREAT show venue though.

It must be a terrible Catch 22- you get more boys with customer traffic, but you don't get customers without the boys in the first place. The place is convenient because it's RIGHT NEXT to the big Tukcom parking area, making it a breeze to patronize. I found it because I like to park there and walk to Sunee. Maybe others might consider making it a point to park and visit every time they can in order to give them a little bit of a nudge. What's one nice drink in a relaxed atmosphere before heading off to glorious Sunee??

If I was running that place I'd make a statement by hiring 30 or so really quality guys for three months, starting about now. I'd pay them out of pocket to make sure the word would get out that the place is rocking. I'd even cram a ton of straight boys in there as shills, for looks only (like that's never been done, huh?) There's certainly the customer base that could support it, and having it away from the busy areas would make going there discreet and convenient. The place is so big, they could turn it into a freelancer emporium...when I'm cruising I don't mind looking on AND off stage, so why not take advantage of the size?

There's definitely a market for a venue along the lines of White Bird in Manila, which this venue reminds me of and which attracts a mixed clientele doing a great upmarket business. If I had to be worried about being spotted in Sunee or Boyztown I can't imagine a better location...they just need to get the word out and get some decent looking guys.

October 18th, 2009, 13:06
Very spacious, nicely done up, all the seats are nice white leather couches, etc.It's always so difficult to find something that won't show the cum stains, isn't it? That's why we have so many white clouds in heaven.

dab69
October 19th, 2009, 00:08
refreshing to read a bar review you can read entirely in one sitting
thanks

DCbob
October 19th, 2009, 02:58
It is Number One Boy.
It is also owned by JJ.

October 19th, 2009, 08:11
What is JJ's??? I can't figure it out. I've gone to other karaoke bars in the Day Night area and the one time I 'picked' one of the guys thinking that's what it was for I felt like all the guys thought it was funny and the guy I picked thought I must have been from Mars. It seemed like a complete straight environment. When you go by JJ's they have photos of all the guys up on the wall outside and it's obviously some kind of a boy venue, but I'm gunshy about going into those places now...what are those places, anyway? Gay host bars? Straight places for couples but with a boy twist just for window dressing? ??

catawampuscat
October 19th, 2009, 08:20
It is encouraging that Number One boy is still open as it is out of the way.. It was called JJ something
and there is another JJ nearby so it gets confusing.
They lost me when they brought me an ashtray..That was early this year and maybe not the same now
but I only go go in smoke free and have no desire to bring up the smoking wars again, just noting
my issue.. :glasses7:

thrillbill
October 19th, 2009, 21:00
.. nothing is more depressing than going into a go-go boy club and seeing a bunch of malnourished, skinny, unkept guys who look like they have just gotten off the water buffalo. I guess that is why I like clubs such as BoyzBoyz ; at least those guys are healthy looking and look like they know what's going on.

October 20th, 2009, 13:15
Number One is no longer owned by JJ's.

Of the 40 or so guys working at JJ's 1 or 2 are gay. Many, but by no means all, of the str8 boys will go off with guys. Women do 95% of the offing at JJ's.

lonelywombat
October 20th, 2009, 14:01
I could not place the bar at all and went to the maps at
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

go to day night area. You will see it in red.

To be frank I amazed that if it has been around a long time, why it has never been mentioned before.

Patexpat
October 20th, 2009, 16:13
I went twice shortly after it first opened, second time to check my initial impressions. Not worth a third visit - and I'm surprised it has lasted so long.

Nothing intrinsically wrong with it, but not special enough to make the effort ....

lonelywombat
October 20th, 2009, 16:22
I could not place the bar at all and went to the maps at
http://gayaffairspattaya.com/maps/maps.htm

go to day night area. You will see it in red.

To be frank I amazed that if it has been around a long time, why it has never been mentioned before.

How strange! Old lonley, you have never notice, I know I have mentioned it quite a few times, even giving the scoop it was opening at all and I know also the other Bar aficionado catawaumpaus, has also mentioned it a few times, may be you was down at the post office collection your pension on the day it was focused as a top thread. :8(

No I was probably down at Montys, watching you tuck in to your meat and two veg and listen to you tell Monty he was Dusit standard chef. All that for 500 baht a night for two people not including aircon.
But we dont want to go there again do we.
Hilarious to read your fine dining exploits and you putting people down when it is only a few short years-----------

thaiguest
October 21st, 2009, 17:37
Went to Pattaya last week and visited this bar.

Impressive in size and scale and all funky white but would need a throng of a thousand sweating, gyrating farangs (not counting the camp followers) to do it justice.

But that night it was only I alone on the benches with twenty or so boys on the podium.
Not for long though until a gushing mamasan of the old school was at my lonely side guiding me through the dangerous currents of the Offing waters. 'Him over here can do this and him over there can do that but no fuck and him on left side can do everything jing jing and you can buy me a drink please'.

I did and I took off 'him over there' for long time because fuck I cannot anymore.

He turned out to be a very nice boy and good representative of his workplace and if he cares to mention the fact on his cv it's ok with me.

lonelywombat
October 22nd, 2009, 11:30
How strange! Old lonley, you have never notice, I know I have mentioned it quite a few times, even giving the scoop it was opening at all and I know also the other Bar aficionado catawaumpaus, has also mentioned it a few times, may be you was down at the post office collection your pension on the day it was focused as a top thread. :8(

No I was probably down at Montys, watching you tuck in to your meat and two veg and listen to you tell Monty he was Dusit standard chef. All that for 500 baht a night for two people not including aircon.
But we dont want to go there again do we.
Hilarious to read your fine dining exploits and you putting people down when it is only a few short years-----------[/quote]

Come on Old lonely you can leave MONTYS Meat and two Veg out of this, I was only talking to him for a drink the other night and your name came up, he calls you the Groper and the meanest man he knows, the guy who gropes the boys and Runs, when you have to pay any money, he said he does not know how you have not been beaten up, may be you have, as your never hardly here now days, but we wonтАЩt go deeper in to that will weтАжтАжтАжтАж.[/quote]

I have been down to his bar a number of times in the last 3 months and was welcomed.
Funny your name came up as someone that no one ever sees anymore, not at Venue or elsewhere. He must still be in shock with you reappearing. Maybe you can help teach his bar boys english. Might help get them a job in real estate.

Is it still school holidays?

Smiles
October 22nd, 2009, 11:52
" ... Very spacious, nicely done up, all the seats are nice white leather couches, etc. ... "
Leather?! :headbang: "Mai eow kup" ... Naugahyde would be more like it. Cum stains can also be taken off the faux stuff easily and the overhead is mak mak not there.

1PR4BKK
October 24th, 2009, 18:40
It is encouraging that Number One boy is still open as it is out of the way.. It was called JJ something
and there is another JJ nearby so it gets confusing.
They lost me when they brought me an ashtray..That was early this year and maybe not the same now
but I only go go in smoke free and have no desire to bring up the smoking wars again, just noting
my issue.. :glasses7:

I am glad to see this bar is still around. I usually stay at Mosaik Apartments in Soi Day Night, so this bar is cool for me when I want to just have a drink and see a show with my friends who do not like going to Boyztown or Sunee Plaza. I am surprised it is still open with few customers.

When I visited Number One in February 2009, it seemed to be a nice, large venue with a decent show and some cute guys but with very light customer traffic. However, as "catpus" mentioned, they lost me also when I saw the ash tray and another group of guys lighting cigarettes. As soon as the smoking begun, I immediately asked for the bill. When the owner asked why I was leaving too quickly, I just let him know that I thought he had a nice venue but I assumed Pattaya had a "no smoking indoors" law and that I try not patronize enclosed venues where people are allowed to smoke. I wished him well but I probably will not return there if the smoking policy is the same.