PDA

View Full Version : Bottoms Up, Found in Gutter.

October 17th, 2009, 16:46
I wonder how much tea money changed hands for this cheap but broad audience advertising?

October 17th, 2009, 17:27
I found the food LACKING all round.

Beachlover
October 17th, 2009, 19:33
Bottoms Up... I have to ask with all due respect, is English your first language? You could write more clearly and coherently.

Beachlover
October 17th, 2009, 20:22
Funny how you can always tell the guys who would never go to a restaurant like this one, not if they can get a meal in Salt and Pepper for 200 baht or less.

It's really ironic you say that... seeing as I just had dinner at a AUD$200/head (about 5,500 baht) restaurant last night.

Yes I'm sorry for using strange and unusual words, that you dont understand, if you look through the dictionary, I'm sure you have a much better grasp of the English language.
juts a few:-
decadence and wonderment of gastronomic elegance.
atmosphere prostrate dulcet wonderful, had by all.

Try this you may have more luck understanding English.

http://www.merriam-webster.com/ :snorting:

I wasn't criticising your choice of adjectives at all. Correct spelling and grammar (in an academic sense) doesn't mean what you write is clear, coherent or easily understandable. Can I suggest you break up your sentences with full stops and use shorter paragraphs?

bao-bao
October 18th, 2009, 00:27
Last night ... I was transported in to a life of decadence. Once again after drinking to much again and finding my self falling in to the gutter past 4 am in the morning... leaving NAB club and ending up in a sleazy all night Bar called SKY BAR and crawling from the Gutter, slowly after trying to get onto my god friend throbbing 500 cc Bugati motor bike, for a good ride home, we both found our selves prostrate on the floor, rolling in the dirt and rain water, coming to, after banging my head on a plant pot, to hear the dulcet tones of the very nice Mr Oggie of Gay ting tong fame, saying John are you ok, then I knew I was back in the land of the living.

Well, John - it takes a man to perhaps realize he has a problem - good on you.

Lucky you didn't kill anyone while careening around drunk on the motocy.

You might consider contacting http://www.aathailand.org/

cdnmatt
October 18th, 2009, 05:09
Funny how you can always tell the guys who would never go to a restaurant like this one, not if they can get a meal in Salt and Pepper for 200 baht or less.

You do know that you're bragging to a bunch of (generally older, and financially secure) expats about being able to spend a whopping 1500 baht on a meal & wine in Thailand, right?

October 18th, 2009, 23:11
its as if you have to say you paid 5500 baht for a meal, no on believes you, but it makes you feel better, I'm sure.

I believe him. Why not? It's not such a big deal for most people (GB and you aside).

ceejay
October 18th, 2009, 23:19
Just to return to the original topic of restaurants< I wonder why the Ruen Thai never gets a mention here? Or, to be more exact, a quick search of this forum revealed just one mention. It's a place I always look forward to going to, whenever I visit Pattaya.

October 18th, 2009, 23:24
Just to return to the original topic of restaurants< I wonder why the Ruen Thai never gets a mention here? Or, to be more exact, a quick search of this forum revealed just one mention. It's a place I always look forward to going to, whenever I visit Pattaya.

It doesn't sound like many of the sexpats who haunt this forum eat much Thai food.

Patexpat
October 18th, 2009, 23:29

fair question - when i have been there I have quite enjoyed it ... but the back of my brain seems rightly or wrongly to classify it as a tourist place and strangley blocks it from my thoughts when considering where to eat.

Will go next weekend!

Jetsam
October 19th, 2009, 01:04
Bugatti motorbike???? :rolling:

cdnmatt
October 19th, 2009, 05:01
if you do like to dream about it why on earth dont you share your restaurant experience here as I do so others can take advantage of it good or bad.

Because I don't eat at nice restaurants in Thailand. My meals generally cost 30 - 80 baht, although every once in a while we'll splurge and go to that Thai BBQ place. I don't know what it's called or where it is, but it's good! It's one of those places where you get your own cooker on the table, and they bring the raw food out. Cheap too. 600 baht or so, and we have an awesome meal for three.

I'm not here for fine dining, and I'm not willing to spend the BFs monthly rent on a single meal. I think that's just downright rude and disrespectful (I'm talking about me personally, not you). I'd much rather just hang out here, watch some TV, and eat some pineapple with him. :-)

EDIT: Oh, and actually another excellent place in "khun ten" (sp), especially if you want Issan food. Cheap too, and you get about six plates of awesome food for 500 baht. Again though, I don't know where it is. With both places though, you either need to know Thai, or have a Thai with you. That, and you have to be comfortable with Thai-style toilets.

October 19th, 2009, 05:15
if you do like to dream about it why on earth dont you share your restaurant experience here as I do so others can take advantage of it good or bad.

Because I don't eat at nice restaurants in Thailand. My meals generally cost 30 - 80 baht, although every once in a while we'll splurge and go to that Thai BBQ place. I don't know what it's called or where it is, but it's good! It's one of those places where you get your own cooker on the table, and they bring the raw food out. Cheap too. 600 baht or so, and we have an awesome meal for three.

I'm not here for fine dining, and I'm not willing to spend the BFs monthly rent on a single meal. I think that's just downright rude and disrespectful (I'm talking about me personally, not you). I'd much rather just hang out here, watch some TV, and eat some pineapple with him. :-)

And suck his cock and rim his arse............. :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4: :love4:

Beachlover
October 19th, 2009, 18:42

Because it's in Sydney

Have a nice Mc donald's.

Ironically, I did... LOL. After dinner we had a big night out... ended up grabbing McDonalds in the early hours of the morning (the only place open at 4am) and chilling out in a law firm boardroom 30 floors high with stunning views of Sydney Harbour and bottles of Moet leftover from their Friday drinks... corporate filth lol.

October 20th, 2009, 10:13
And who picked up the tab that day, BU? I think we all know it wasn't you.

October 20th, 2009, 14:26
And who picked up the tab that day, BU? I think we all know it wasn't you.

He was in the kitchen Bunny washing the dishes.....

:hello1:

October 21st, 2009, 22:03
Never been to @Richards. Is it nice?

October 21st, 2009, 22:15
Never been to @Richards. Is it nice?

Don't you remember one of LMTU's previous posts about another 'Secret that musn't be told' Richards was making so much money he wanted to sell it......

October 21st, 2009, 22:21
Yes, of course I remember that whole gushing episode.

Still, I've never been to the place. All I did was do a little research on the business entity...which told me all I needed to know about LMTU's grip on reality.

Beachlover
October 22nd, 2009, 03:50
which told me all I needed to know about LMTU's grip on reality.

What grip? LOL

October 23rd, 2009, 23:42
[quote="Beach Bunny":210buq0v]which told me all I needed to know about LMTU's grip on reality.

What grip? LOL

Yes I would not expect you to know anything about having a grip on reality very much at all, with your fantasy life in where ever you are, is it Bangkok or Brisbane to day, do you really know or do you have to ask your nurse. :dontknow:[/quote:210buq0v]

Ha ha the top of the class language teacher finally abmits to being LMTU.......

TrongpaiExpat
October 24th, 2009, 00:34
Ha ha the top of the class language teacher finally abmits to being LMTU.......

He also gave his first name in the original post. I think jinks has him on ignore.

October 24th, 2009, 00:36
LMTU.....Whats that Lettuce, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Ungions :dontknow:

damn, he nearly made a post without a mistake.....

October 24th, 2009, 04:24
He also gave his first name in the original post. I think jinks has him on ignore.

You mean he's a 'John'.......?

Beachlover
October 24th, 2009, 05:25
[quote="Bottoms Up":2tovtmtv]LMTU.....Whats that Lettuce, Mushrooms, Tomatoes, Ungions :dontknow:

damn, he nearly made a post without a mistake.....[/quote:2tovtmtv]

Nearly

Beachlover
October 24th, 2009, 05:25
Bao Bao gave his first name in his post...

bao-bao
October 24th, 2009, 11:12
Actually, I just repeated what Let Me Lick You said in first post:

"Mr Oggie of Gay ting tong fame, saying John are you ok, then I knew I was back in the land of the living and what a wonderful night had by all."

Smiles
October 24th, 2009, 12:23
" ... many locals know my whole name ... but you now know how to greet, me instead of 'hey you' ... "
Reliable Sources tell me that the 'greeting' is usually a stampede of people leaving by any exit possible once they've detected your rather ponderous shadow blocking out the sun on the front steps. Bottoms Up being 'greeted' by a few dozen empty chairs (many knocked over) ~ whereas immediately prior to the eclipse, the room was buzzing ~ is apparently the norm.
I've heard this tale more than once, told by different individuals, so it would seem to have the ring of plausibility.

Brad the Impala
October 24th, 2009, 19:05
If Bottoms Up was having a nervous breakdown, how would we be able to tell?