PDA

View Full Version : Siam Palm hotel phuket

October 16th, 2009, 03:52
Has any one stayed at the above hotel in the last few months as I have been told that the standard of the building has gone down hill, I would like to know if this is true or just another rumor

Smiles
October 16th, 2009, 10:08
We stayed at the Siam Palm last April. More than a 'few' months I guess, but no one else seems to have recently.
I wouldn't exactly say it's gone downhill, but I did get the impression (from vague memory ... haven't there for 3 years previously) that things were getting a bit tatty compared to being very crisp the visit before.
Certainly this observation is not enough to stop us from staying there again, but I suppose the reason would be that not much in the way of up keep has gone on lately. The rooms are still very clean, which to me is what's most important.
The hotel still has very good food for dinner, and the included breakfasts are better than most in my opinion. The downstairs bar is quiet and breezy and cool and is a perfectly pleasant place for a little reading or some time to yourself.
If I recall there are three types of rooms available, and I would not book the cheapest again ~ as we did this year ~ as it was quite a bit smaller than type 2 or 3. We got a very good deal in April, but by the looks of the website the prices go up steeply in high season.

There are no gay bars left in Aronsoon (sp) Plaza anymore (there were two some years ago), but the Paradise Complex is only a 3 block walk, and the beach is closer than that.