PDA

View Full Version : Que Sera Sera

TrongpaiExpat
October 15th, 2009, 23:23
If you have a heart..................

[youtube:3itv7sfh]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1ou3PWztgeo[/youtube:3itv7sfh]

The story at: Link (http://www.thailand-travelonline.com/thailand-reviews-recommendations/best-of-thailand/best-commercial-ever-que-sera-sera-whatever-will-be-will-be/1483/)

Art
October 16th, 2009, 00:31
We may be melancholic at times, but sentimental? There are better places for children than a website dedicated to male-male sex in Thailand.

krobbie
October 16th, 2009, 01:05
We may be melancholic at times, but sentimental? There are better places for children than a website dedicated to male-male sex in Thailand.

You really think that SGT is only ALL about male to male sex in THailand? Yikes!

bao-bao
October 16th, 2009, 01:24
That was my point in an earlier post about Chiang Mai but I know it went over more than a few heads, krobbie.

Evidently Art doesn't have a heart. :dontknow:

Thanks for sharing the clip.

October 16th, 2009, 02:30
.............. a website dedicated to male-male sex in Thailand.

Well now we know why YOU frequent the board.

:hello1:

October 16th, 2009, 07:14
Thanks for the posting Trongpai.

I think anyone who isnтАЩt moved by that video must be a fairly cold-hearted bastard. I urge people to read the link also. I could not find a website for the school тАУ if there had been one and if there had been a тАШPayPal DonateтАЩ button, for sure I would have clicked on it there and then. I hope others will have been moved and felt the urge to make some sort of donation to this or other similar institutions.
BUT
This is an advert for an insurance company; an advert that uses handicapped children to tug at our heart strings in the hope that it will encourage some to buy their insurance. The message is unambiguous, made clearer still by the shot of the pregnant mother at the end: тАЬYou donтАЩt know the future; What if your child is handicapped? Are you covered тАж just in case your child turns out to be like these kids!тАЭ
In the West this advert would be deemed a cynical use of the disabled to sell insurance. Regardless of the morality of using these children in this way, our hope should be that the insurance company made a substantial donation to the school.

I also have in mind that the disabled children in this video are the lucky ones being properly cared for. Often when walking around Bangkok or Pattaya we see beggars; many of them disfigured or disabled, and then what do we do? How many of us drop a few coins in their cups as a sop to our consciences тАУ what more can we do?

Many of us come to Thailand and take advantage of the abundant sex trade; surround ourselves with our versions of Adonis in a final fling of the libido before we decay and we tend to forget other aspects of society that interfere with our paradise image of the Land of Smiles. What we pay in one night for drinks and sex could feed and clothe one of these kids for a month or immunize a child for a lifetime. This video is a reality check for us all of what goes on beyond the bright lights of our holidays.

Thanks again for posting it.

giggsy
October 16th, 2009, 21:24
What a sick statement to make.

thanks trongpai i smiled all the way through.

Brad the Impala
October 16th, 2009, 22:48
ANYONE WHO HAD A HEART by the wonderful Dionne Warwick, who I had the pleasure of seeing in concert recently, when she was Gladys Knight's guest. Two great divas.

Anyone who had a Heart (http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3gzc9_dionne-warwick-anyone-who-had-a-hea_music)

Art
October 17th, 2009, 10:13
http://www.tigriffith.com/textbilder/filmrevue_52-nick003.jpg

Excuse me, I failed to notice Wat Power Boys, Wat Krazy Dragon, the featured articles about the Krazy Dragon temple boys ...

Stress [duhkha, dukkha: flawed/unsatisfactory/suffering]

Saying "Good, friend," having delighted in and approved of Ven. Sariputta's words, the monks asked him a further question: "Would there be another line of reasoning by which a disciple of the noble ones is a person of right view... who has arrived at this true Dhamma?"

"There would. When a disciple of the noble ones discerns stress, the origination of stress, the cessation of stress, and the way of practice leading to the cessation of stress, then he is a person of right view... who has arrived at this true Dhamma.

"And what is stress? Birth is stressful, aging is stressful, death is stressful; sorrow, lamentation, pain, distress, & despair are stressful; not getting what one wants is stressful. [2] In short, the five clinging-aggregates are stressful. This is called stress.

"What is the origination of stress? The craving that makes for further becoming тАФ accompanied by passion & delight, relishing now here & now there тАФ i.e., craving for sensuality, craving for becoming, craving for non-becoming. This is called the origination of stress.

"And what is the cessation of stress? The remainderless fading & cessation, renunciation, relinquishment, release, & letting go of that very craving. This is called the cessation of stress.

"And what is the way of practice leading to the cessation of stress? Just this very noble eightfold path: right view, right resolve, right speech, right action, right livelihood, right effort, right mindfulness, right concentration. This is called the way of practice leading to the cessation of stress.

"Now, when a disciple of the noble ones discerns stress, the origination of stress, the cessation of stress, and the way of practice leading to the cessation of stress in this way, when тАФ having entirely abandoned passion-obsession, having abolished aversion-obsession, having uprooted the view-&-conceit obsession 'I am'; having abandoned ignorance & given rise to clear knowing тАФ he has put an end to suffering & stress right in the here-&-now, it is to this extent, too, that a disciple of the noble ones is a person of right view... who has arrived at this true Dhamma."

http://www.accesstoinsight.org/tipitaka/mn/mn.009.than.html

Enough Buddhism for today?

True, I don't have a heart for kitsch. And going for the heart-strings is bad taste for me. I grew up among cripples from the last war, adults, not children. I cannot remember them singing. If you want to entertain cripples, go to the next department of orthopaedic and trauma surgery. There are some patients who look terrible. They are visited only rarely by their friends who are afraid of them, nothing for the ┬╗film-making camera┬л. And then there are the other departments, not department stores ...

I think anyone who isnтАЩt moved by that video must be a fairly cold-hearted bastard.
... we tend to forget other aspects of society that interfere with our paradise image of the Land of Smiles.
... This video is a reality check for us all of what goes on beyond the bright lights of our holidays.

The missionaries and the creed of fatalism, ┬╗Que sera ... sera┬л, missionaries who speak for all. So let me speak in favour of the foreign ┬╗bastards┬л at least. The foreign ┬╗bastards┬л take responsibility for their friends. Can they save all the souls? Not even every young man. The foreign ┬╗bastards┬л do what they can, and not only for their boyfriends. The foreign ┬╗bastards┬л know the far side of Thai life very well. Because in case of doubt they have to provide the solution for a problem. Not the worst reality check. The foreign ┬╗bastards┬л are definitely not the cheerleaders of the ruling Thai class in the forums. A foreign ┬╗bastard┬л had to pay the hospital bill for a conscript yesterday? The army does not take proper care of him. Nothing special for foreign ┬╗bastards┬л. Two friends have new foreign boyfriends. I look forward to meeting them. The admonition to transfer money is one thing they certainly do not need.

If you have a heart for the sick and if I am sick, you have a heart for me as well. Not too long ago, we all were considered as degenerates. Different and consequently sick.