PDA

View Full Version : More observations from recent Thailand trip.Pattaya.

Alaan
October 15th, 2009, 03:47
Drove to Pattaya on this occassion and found parking ok accross from Mosaik where we were staying...yet again. We were late so collected key from security who also kept an eye on the car for us...for a packet of ciggs and bt20 here and there.....my only moan about Mosaik on this occasion was the (what i considered) heftyish electricity bill of Bt1200 for 8 days and aircon, lights usage same as usual but never been over bt1000...i suspect that because we were late (after 6pm)to arrive they had already noted down the electricity reading which i always check first...so maybe a little jiggery-pokery?

Anyway despite that.......the cost for a Prestige Studio with 60sq mtr..large comfy bed, kitchen area, beautifully furnished and immaculate with a great shower for 8 days Bt5500 plus Bt1200 electricity is still only about Bt800 per night.... will be where I will always stay in Pattaya...more for the quality of the room/appartments rather than the price...which does increase in high season.

Visited NAB club for the first time any really enjoyed it...very nice looking place...bigger than the former x-ray and very very busy the 3 times we went. Easy enough to find from BTown on 2nd road....and a very good mix of clientelle...in my opinion many more farang than used to attend Dudes or Xray... show was good also... with Elduo putting in an early morning appearance with dancers in one part of the show..which was very good.

Interestingly when talking about NAB with a Thai massage owner and saying how much i enjoyed it...he said at first he liked it so much too but now it is old hat for him...doesnt bother now... Which is the typical fickleness of the pattaya gay thai guys ...Maya/Xray/Dudes all had to be THE in-place for gays..then each place was deserted for the NEW in-place....so i hope that is not going to happen with NAB as I did enjoy it.

On the subject of Discos..the biggest change in fortunes i came accross was Hollywood...a great favourite of ours over the last 2 years....we went at 12.30am...in previous times that was quite late to get a really good table....but when we arrived..there was one car in the normally packed car park...then stepped inside to find a virtually empty venue....20 patrons over 4 tables at the most...we couldn't believe it....there were more waiters then customers!..before we used to have one of the beer towers if we were not in the mood for whisky..but they have stopped doing them...so it was 4 heineken small bottles for us....at 1am still no atmosphere or increase in the crowd...so we left and headed down the soi to a favourite place of mine...Gra Nam pub.

Gra nam is a thai for thai pub similar to Kra pau daeng and kum pun but slightly smaller in size....rotating 3 bands through the evening playing mostly thai rock/pop and some music for life songs....all popular thai songs...great thai food..including issan dishes and a lively atmosphere..especially after the beer and whisky has started to take effect. We had a great night here...all four of us.. 3 thais and myself thoroughly enjoyed it.

I did visit Pattayaland and boyztown....when we were there Panorama was quite busy...i visited Copa for the first time since its change and found the look of the place and the seating to be very attractive...the show was ok too..and i'm not a fan of shows.. but we were in late and the selection of boys on show was pretty poor...i assume the most popular guys were already off.

I have noted in other threads many negative reviews of the PL/Boyztown agogos...but the ones we visited....Kawaii Boys had very cute boys available...but my tastes run to the cute fem types or cute boy-next-door types so many there appealed to me. We also visited Star Boys which we have not done for a few months....i just went as it is the first bar in the soi and i know the owner from a long time ago at the previous location...and here there were at least 6 boys on stage i could easy have offed if not already happy with the bf......very cute boys here...and plenty of smiles, eye contact and dancing to impress...i went back the next night to see two of the cuties being offed by a farang... sad that there were not more customers...the waiters and mamsan not pushy and very good fun and attitude. Whereas i went next door to Cupidol...to find a listless bunch of not very attractive guys...very few of whom made any real effort to impress for an off.

So very few customers on the go..... I did also visit Sunee as i like the laid back and fun attitude of most of the guys who work there..Corner Bar a favourite for some time had its usual superlative coffee and non pressure from the staff..i nice place to sit to watch the comings and goings.... also stopped by the Balkan Exp and found some very nice guys there i had seen the previous night at NAB club...good attitudes. Forest Bar was enjoyable and i stopped in by the two agogo beside it..Mics which had a good selection of guys although 1 or 2 would need to have their id checked.. one very cute young looking guy was indeed the 19 years he didn't look like.... then to Nice Boys.. again...good fun no pushy requests for drinks or offs just some fun loving guys interacting with the customers and amongst themselves..both these bars had good customer attendance..i avoided Good Boys and Tom Yum as the boys there are just too much on the young side.......Krazy Dragon was the usual good fun also.... as with all the sunee bars all tips are appreciated and easy to give out as there are plenty of smiles and fun......for bt100/50/20 here and there. Sundance and Villa rouge were closed....so all in all i would never give Sunee a miss.....not THAT many waifs and strays going about....and no troulbe the times i visited.

I also visted Happy Boys and Euro boys..where the boys in both bars made a real effort to impress.

In day/night area i visited Cats Place again...and was surprised by the full seats...until it was pointed out that it was 'lucky draw night' so a few regulars with a pile of lottery tickets..i exited quickly.....I also noticed that Office boys was open again and quite busy with groups of regulars in attendance when i passed going to and from Mosaik...i also stopped in by a couple of times to find attentive and very nice waiters there.

If you have had no luck with offing at the agogos or barbeers Wat Chai is still the place to meet a multitude of gay guys catching a bite on their way home from work....plenty of eye contact and offers of company here 1.30am-3am....recommended as a last chance hook up.

I did also visit a wide rangeing selection of places to eat with the small restaurant next to the old Flamingo accross from Mosaik winning out many times as a reasonably priced eatery with very tasty food...my bf enjoyed eating there. Also visited the restaurants on soi 2 La Petite Planet and La Buerre....newly increased in size ...food excellent and reasonable...Baan Dok Mai was the place when i fanced a western breakfast..good back bacon etc..

So those are my observations of Pattaya over an 8 days stay start of October.

Impulse
October 15th, 2009, 08:21
Great report Alaan,thanks.Ill check out some of those places on my trip in January.Kawaii boys will be on my list,I like the twinkies also.

Alaan
October 16th, 2009, 22:23
Rocket.....I know 3 months down the line in Pattaya for changes within bars is no time at all for staff to change.......but i would make a bee line for Star Boys also...as their line up was actually better than Kawaii....

But i dont know how well Star Boys keep hold of their staff....whereas I know a few guys at Kawaii and they tell me Kawaii will always have the twinky types there as it is a recruiting policy to have plenty of that type of boys to keep the Asian customers happy.

Enjoy your visit when it comes round. I expect to be back sometime in January also.