PDA

View Full Version : A Slow Evening on Soi Twilight

bao-bao
October 14th, 2009, 21:37
Tourism will hopefully pick up for the businesses so many on the forum here are concerned about, but it was SLOW on the evening of the 9th as I sat at Maxis around 8:00 and had a very pleasant dinner, watching the guys make their way to work in the clubs. Yes, it was before things usually pick up there (no pun intended) and high season had yet to kick in a month ago, but this was REALLY dead, it seemed to me.

Things were so slow at Bangkok Massage that the guy stepping down in the photo below (the name escapes me and I intentionally blurred the faces in the picture, anyway) actually wandered across the soi to my table and plunked himself down to visit a little. I asked him "Aren't you supposed to be over there, pulling people into the shop?" and he admitted he was but that there just weren't any folks coming down the soi. Most of them sat as they are in the picture, heads turned to the entrance of the soi, watching for any possible business. In fact, he said things were so slow at the massage shop that he and a few others switched "costumes" and appeared onstage next door at X-Boys around 8:30, which he says is owned by the same management.

He was pleasant enough to talk with so I didn't mind the uninvited visit while I finished my meal, and the most he did to encourage business was to ask if I'd stop by the club later and buy him a drink if I didn't have other plans. I didn't, so I stopped in at 8:30 on my way back to the hotel for an early evening in and found the guys all cleaning up the place after an "all hands" round of group labor making flower garlands that were to be sold to some wholesaler, if I understood him correctly.

There were enough leftover petals and stems still strewn about to fill three or four 30-gallon trash bags, and the mamasan who was pulling me along through this leftover floral chaos had to ask me to wait while she swept petals off of the bench seat she was leading me to. It looked a little bit like a memorial service had exploded, actually.

The "show" for the next 20 minutes or so consisted of the guys sweeping off the stage and floors (to clear it for the next four-plus hours of standing and posing) under the direction of the manager and a couple of mamasans. It was more activity than one usually sees from the guys, so I didn't complain. :cheers:

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-BangkokBoysMassage0909.jpg

The entrance to X-Boys, before opening time, while I had dinner and visited with the guy from Bangkok Massage next door. Nothing special about the image other than I liked the way it came out.
http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-X-Boys090909.jpg

Shuee
October 15th, 2009, 02:39
thank for pics, we dont see many of bkk on here, soi twilight is a treat to see - bump

Ron-Heng Vancouver
October 15th, 2009, 10:19
Thanks for the photos. They are great!!! Also, your report was nice and interesting...

We could use a few more photos on this site every once and a while. Many members live interesting lives. :sunny:

Beachlover
October 15th, 2009, 18:47
You take some fantastic night time street scenes Bao Bao... I hope you'll post more of these. They are fascinating.

October 16th, 2009, 12:30
Totally cool pics, bao bao!

And funny you should mention Bangkok Massage. I was there two weeks ago and had the best off ever. I can't say enough about how good quality the line up I had there was. I just feel sorry for the owners because they picked a poor name to have if you want to get found. They aren't on any maps and when you Google 'bangkok massage' it lights up half the businesses in BKK. I wasn't even sure I got the name right until I saw your post!

I picked a cute one there that was new and they warned me that he was an upcountry Muslim boy and they weren't sure what he would do...hmmm...boy was I in for a surprise! Highly energetic and fun. (Sorry if its tmi!)

firecat69
October 16th, 2009, 17:59
So what was his name???

waile
October 16th, 2009, 21:15
are we allowed to choose masseurs in bangkok massage? i thought they do on rotation and whoever u get is purely based on luck and luck alone:)

October 16th, 2009, 21:32
The only way I've ever seen is picking your own on Soi Twilight...so YES, you pick your own there. Just be sure the management knows what you want so you're not disappointed.

bao-bao
October 16th, 2009, 22:13
For Beachlover: A couple more from the same night - empty seats and more guys without much to do.

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-SoiTwilite090909.jpg

http://i192.photobucket.com/albums/z56/khunbaobao/W-SoiTwilite2-090909.jpg

TrongpaiExpat
October 17th, 2009, 01:47
Wow, that looks dead. I went to Soi Twilight tonight, exactly one week after your photo, tonight, Oct 16 Friday night. It rained cats and dogs up till about 9:30. I arrived late 11:30 and there was some signs of life, better than your photo shows. I went into the midnight show at Fresh Beach Boys, a bar I seldom frequent but I was assured that there was going to me a midnight show. Drinks were priced at 230B. The show, if you like these shows, was not bad. There were about 40 boys on stage and I counted 16 customers. The boys super friendly and the staff not pushy.

Early in the evening I was over on Silom Soi 4 and latter on Soi 2 and there was a very good crowd. Pretty much all the out side seats at the Telephone and Balcony were filled once the rain stopped.

Beachlover
October 17th, 2009, 07:19
Cool... thanks Bao Bao.

Haha... I like how you take a photo of each boy after you get a massage. They're always cute!