PDA

View Full Version : A Secret that cant be kept any longer.

gcboyz
October 14th, 2009, 17:41
your avatar shows a lion licking its arse. i expect that is to get the taste out of your mouth. :laughing3:

October 14th, 2009, 17:59
From what I have been told it is just a replica of overpriced Bruno's!! I would also take a bet that not one satang came out of your pocket to pay the bill.
Am also intrigued to know who are the top 'left tenants' in the in the rear corner of the upstairs building.
Are they a bunch of queens being looked after by the 'Ma trade'!

Oh those poor children in Baan Karpi.

CoffeeBreak
October 14th, 2009, 19:01
I have passed back and forth at this place on severel evenings and mostly it is deserted with few diners. The premises have changed hands a number of times in recent years with failed businesses including ICON show bar.
My next door neighbour told me he will never again step into Alois. He says the food was uninteresting and over-priced.
So I really do not know what the OP is talking about.....

October 14th, 2009, 20:49
I have passed back and forth at this place on severel evenings and mostly it is deserted with few diners.

That is obviously because it has been such a well-kept secret, up until now of course. Now that it has the blessing of such a highly-esteemed SGT member (aka "the most hated man in Pattaya"), I'm sure there will be a line out the door....as in they will be lining up to get OUT of the door, not in it.

Tee hee hee.

October 14th, 2009, 20:57
That is obviously because it has been such a well-kept secret, up until now of course. Now that it has the blessing of such a highly-esteemed SGT member (aka "the most hated man in Pattaya"), I'm sure there will be a line out the door....as in they will be lining up to get OUT of the door, not in it.

Tee hee hee.

I'll add "the most illiterate, confabulate to post" .....

:hello1:

TrongpaiExpat
October 14th, 2009, 20:59
............. the Steaks, you try them, do melt on your mouth, as if your cutting through butting, with a warm knife.

Ahhh, reminds me of a line from some erotic novel I once read, I turned him over and his butt reared in eager anticipation as I slid my engorged cock into him like a hot knife sliding into a slab of butter. Harold Robbins, I think

By the looks of the expression of the guy in the middle he just heard of this LMTU endorsement. The one smiling does not know yet.

October 14th, 2009, 22:52
Ahhh, reminds me of a line from some erotic novel I once read, I turned him over and his butt reared in eager anticipation as I slid my engorged cock into him like a hot knife sliding into a slab of butter. Harold Robbins, I think

By the looks of the expression of the guy in the middle he just heard of this LMTU endorsement. The one smiling does not know yet.

I bet they are oblivious to the "Secret that can't be kept any longer" that their steaks melt on your mouth,before you manage to get them in......

October 15th, 2009, 02:12
In the last four months I have been to Alois five times and I must say each visit was a joy! I have read some of the replies posted here about Alois and it is interesting that no one that replyed actually has eaten there? To those people I say there is more to life than Cuisine Au boring and the Wed. Nite pig out at you know where! If you are distraught over paying more than 279 baht for diner Alois gives you free bottled water!
Bottoms Up ( alias!!!)....If you are going to try and confuse the readers do try and be a bit more subtle.
You must have more email addresses than everyone on this forum.

Pray do tell us where you got the inside info that all that has contributed to this thread has not visited the named restaurant! Read through the replies again.

Where is the Wed night pig out night. You seem very well aquainted with it!

If the named restaurant charges what they appear to do, I would have thought that free water would have been the norm.

October 15th, 2009, 02:33
... I really do not know what the OP is talking about.....

Few of us do, CB!!

October 15th, 2009, 02:56
Hime wrote:
"If the named restaurant charges what they appear to do, I would have thought that free water would have been the norm"

Correct, but hereforme wrote: free bottled water.

I am sure it is not "drinking" water, but something fancy from another country.
I would never pay for bottled water, would just ask for drinking water, not because I am cheap, but because I think bottled water is a ripoff in many aspects.

Well if I was going to eat froi grass or Iranian Caviar, maybe I would ask for some special water. :king:

BTW I am a snob, but would never pay to be a snob :occasion9:

Surfcrest
October 15th, 2009, 07:27
Thanks for the review Bottoms Up / LMTU.

ItтАЩs a wonder anybody shares any information with anyone here.
It drives me bonkers, those that say they heard something about someplace from someone else. If you havenтАЩt been, and you arenтАЩt planning to goтАжcrap on someone elseтАЩs thread!

It reminds me of the тАЬNiddyтАЩs NookтАЭ days. If half the folks that cut the place down had actually eaten there, NiddyтАЩs would have turned out bigger than Starbucks.

Not sure why so many of you have such a hard on for Bottoms Up / LMTU.
HeтАЩs always been a gentleman when IтАЩve run into him. He sure knows how to have a good time.

catawampuscat
October 15th, 2009, 08:09
Many of us are suspicious when a new poster makes his first posting and he agrees with lmtu..
We should really be more welcoming and less hostile or new posters will be afraid to post and
we always need new blood on the forum..
First time posters usually comment on the fact that they are new or it is their first posting, so
oldtimers who have lived thru 30 + handles of lmtu, can smell a rat with only one posting..
I think we should give the benefit of a doubt to heretome..

Most of us are used to the over the top hyping and rarely can a place live up the hype
but again, lets give the restaurant the benefit of a doubt and not damn it because of
the reputation of the author of the thread.. lets be nice boys... :evil4:

dab69
October 15th, 2009, 08:33
couldn't he review this restaurant in UNDER 1000 words?

heere, let ME try:

an out of the way obscure place to eat
that gets very little business and is doomed
to go bankrupt within 12 months

Patexpat
October 15th, 2009, 12:55
couldn't he review this restaurant in UNDER 1000 words?

heere, let ME try:

an out of the way obscure place to eat
that gets very little business and is doomed
to go bankrupt within 12 months

This may be prophetic - must say I find it amazing the lack of market research many wannabe business owner performs here in Pattaya before taking the plunge .....

October 15th, 2009, 12:58
Hime....You are not a snob....don't flatter yourself!

I do not believe I ever gave the impression I was a snob. However I have on occasions eaten at some fine dining establishments, which still does not make me one.
Your comments on Cuisine whatever and the Pig and Whistle however do suggest that you are a simply a wannabe snob!

Hansthe 2
As far as drinking water is concerned "bottled water is still drinking water" whatever way you try to dress it up as. Does Alois serve the more expensive water 'Perrier' for free? I doubt it.
The restaurant is still a rip off of Bruno's as was told to me.
Maybe Dab69 is right and only time will tell as to whether they are to be the success that B/U suggests!! We shall see.

October 15th, 2009, 14:30
Having read this thread I followed the link to their web site.

Not impressed that on the 15th October their front page should be advertising an event that is to take place on 3rd October.

Also, there is a very obvios and glaring spelling mistake on the menu - I didn't read it all but this one was so obvious. Not much care and attention there methinks.

October 15th, 2009, 22:20
Once again there are 17 posts on this restaurant 2 positive and the others have never been there? What else are you experts on other than today's exchange rate?

Another 'new' member I wonder who it is?

October 15th, 2009, 23:58
HeтАЩs always been a gentleman when IтАЩve run into him.

You obviously weren't driving fast enough.

Having read this thread I followed the link to their web site. .... I didn't read it all .....

No need to, g4a. BU/HFM/etc, etc has already cut and pasted it verbatim as part of his "review"

...we always need new blood on the forum..

Agreed - preferably yours; I thought cats were meant to catch rats, not just drool over them.

Dboy
October 16th, 2009, 00:12
It reminds me of the тАЬNiddyтАЩs NookтАЭ days. If half the folks that cut the place down had actually eaten there, NiddyтАЩs would have turned out bigger than Starbucks.

What turned people off so much was not the place, or the food, but their aggressive marketing hype on the board. That's why they were attacked so much. In takes years to build a following, but they were trying to do it in 6 months by turning SGT into their own personal advertising company.

dboy

Beachlover
October 16th, 2009, 04:50
That's true... I think they sort of insulted the intelligence of their audience with these repeated hyped up messages... no attempt to communicate their selling messages in a more subtle/clever/interesting way. Amateurs.

October 17th, 2009, 04:16
If this person is a newbie or just an oldie rehashed, he is a breath of fresh air on this forum, with so many imbecilic comments and the scared ones, saying they have this and that on Ignore one minute, then they answer them the next, what's it all got to do with this fine dinning experience, I dont know, I do know the guys who complain about such restaurants, as Alois, would never go there, even if they could afford it, when all they are use to is Mc Donalds :sign3:

Dinning:....Make a resonant sound, like artillery......Instil (into a person) by constant repetition.....Sounds like just the place one wants to go to enjoy fine cuisine.....................

October 23rd, 2009, 23:27
YES YOU SHOULD TRY THIS FINE CUISINE, ONCE YOU CAN AFFORD IT, YOUR GET USE TO THE FINER THINGS IN LIFE, TROUBLE IS IF EVER YOU BECOME BANKRUPT, ITS A LOT MORE DIFFICULT TO GO BACK TO McDonald's, BUT YOU WONT HAVE THAT PROBLEM, YOUR INTO THEM BIG TIME NOW . :snorting:

Any real language teachers out there who could possibly translate this gibberish...........

Beachlover
October 24th, 2009, 06:02
after about 2 or 3 years, you be ble to understand a full paragraph

Not if it's written by someone as pissed as a monkey's wotsit.