PDA

View Full Version : DELETED

April 10th, 2006, 12:32
DELETED

wowpow
April 10th, 2006, 12:39
http://www.evaair.com/NR/rdonlyres/EFA5 ... 7300ER.jpg (http://www.evaair.com/NR/rdonlyres/EFA51827-3433-4B4C-B51C-138941DDFDFF/0/B777300ER.jpg)

April 10th, 2006, 13:04
DELETED

Up2U
April 10th, 2006, 13:39
The EVA site is NOT user friendly. Follow this path. Go to ABOUT EVA from the Home Page, then FLEET FACTS and finally click on the aircraft type to get the seat map.

April 10th, 2006, 14:33
DELETED

GWMinUS
April 10th, 2006, 23:11
John,

I will be interested in your comments on EVA Elite or Deluxe Class on the 777.
I flew Deluxe Class on their 747 and it was well worth the extra $$$.
LAX to TPE and then to BKK.
However, I have read on the Web that the seats on the 777 are not so comfortable.
And lack the foot rest.

Have a good trip!!!

April 11th, 2006, 01:10
I've flown EVAs Elite class.. and I found the seats Better than the well-worn economy deluxe seats on the 747s. The bottom cushion moves forward as you recline the seatback, a big improvement. Also, the TV Screen is larger and much better inflight entertainment choices.

April 11th, 2006, 14:35
I much prefer the 747 - yes, it is older but the seat is bigger on the 747. On the 777, there is very limited room for your legs under the seat in front of you. They have metal boxes housing who knows what there - no room for your legs or a carry-on bag if you want to store it under the seat in front of you. The video selection is much improved on the 777, but not enough of a compensation for the room lost with a smaller seat and little leg room. I can handle the 777 for the short leg from TPE to BKK but if and when they start using the 777 for the long haul US - TPE, I will switch airlines.

2lz2p
April 12th, 2006, 12:18
I recently booked my trip to USA using EVA for the BKK-TPE-LAX in Evergreen Deluxe. I noted that my trip to USA is on the 747 (did enjoy the xtra leg room and wider seats on my trip to USA last year (expecially since the seat I had did not have a seat in front of it)). However, I noted on my return trip I will be flying on the 777 from LAX to TPE and again from TPE to BKK. This will be first time to use deluxe on 777 (my return trip last year I had the Airbus from TPE-BKK - not near as comfortable as 747).

Since EVA does not let you choose seat until 90 days before departure, I am hoping that I can get my preferred seats by requesting them as soon as I can (calendar alarm set to remind me when to contact them). John, glad you like the window seats = that used to be my preference too = however, I now prefer the aisle seat so I don't have to crawl over people for trips to the hawng naam. :drunken:

So far my experience with EVA has been very positive. I noted on another thread someone was asking about "onward travel tickets" - I had a problem in that regard with American Airlines trying to get from DFW to LAX to connect with EVA return flight - so, I'll comment on that issue in that thread. :scratch:

April 13th, 2006, 08:45
You want to move up your calendar date as you can book your seat on EVA 100 days before your flight. I just booked my July return seats at the end of March so I am pretty sure about this. Aslo, note that on their website, EVA blocks some seats - it appears that some seats are not available - but if you call their toll free line, you can often book these desired seats.

April 13th, 2006, 09:03
... I thought we might be dealing with one of those famous blondes - Eva Braun and Eva Peron - and was intrigued that there might be a Web site for them. Now I know better

2lz2p
April 13th, 2006, 16:22
Thanks buckaroo2, I have reset my calendar for 100 days - that may have been the case last year and since I have slept since then 90 days crept into the ol' cranium. I did mention 90 days in my email to travel agent doing booking and he confirmed, but like me may not have recalled exactly and assumed I knew what I was talking about.

As to seats, you are correct. Last year I wanted to book some seats in the front portion of the 747 (2-2 and then 2-2-2 seating), but was informed that these seats were reserved for "elite" class members.

April 13th, 2006, 18:02
Botting, Darl, I hope they seat you right down the back of the plane, right next to the toilets. I hope Mr Sydney is on your flight and has the trots, and after slapping his steamy loads down the loo - leaves the fragrance in the air for your enjoyment, Honey...