PDA

View Full Version : Hotels in Cebu

October 12th, 2009, 11:27
I'm going to take a short break from the lovely lads of Pattaya and visit what I hope are the lovely lads of Cebu, in the Phillipines.

Can anyone recommend a good gay, or gay friendly hotel there? Maybe something like Howards in Sunnee Plaza? I'll be there in December.

October 16th, 2009, 02:35
...............can anyone recommend a good .....hotel there? Maybe something like Howards in Sunnee Plaza? .....

You are joking aren't you?

:8(

Brad the Impala
October 16th, 2009, 04:58
If you put Cebu in the search engine, you will be surprised how much it has come up.

CEBU SEARCH LIST (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/search.php?keywords=cebu&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=all&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search)

October 16th, 2009, 12:51
Hi Brad, thanks for the advice. All the hotels look great on the internet, and then when you arrive and see reality many times one is disappointed.

I'm hoping someone can tell me from first hand experience a good Cebu hotel, but will have to choose from the internet otherwise.

October 16th, 2009, 15:19
Where's Wesley?

GWMinUS
October 18th, 2009, 18:52
Hello and Kumusta??

I have only been to Cebu once.
Stayed at the Crown Regency Resorts HOTEL up near Guadalupe Church.
It is a bit far from Central. Nice but not great. They have a higher end Hotel in the Center of Cebu. There is also the Midtown, which is on top of Robinson's Mall. Very nice and convenient. And my guys there say the Marriott is fabulous! Great swimming pool.

But the resorts are out on the beach!! On the island of Mactan in the City of Lapu Lapu. Very far from the center of Cebu. I am looking right now for a place to stay in February. My friend's in Cebu like three places on the beach.
Maribago Bluewater, West Tambuli, and Costabella. All have nice beach fronts, big swimming pools, and lots of sports and activities.
They are definitely not specifically gay. But most hotels in the Philippines are gay-friendly.
If you want to go UP SCALE, there is the Shangra-lai and Plantation Bay (both 5 stars). Prices are also 5 stars!!!

I look forward to hearing from Wesley. He is our Pinoy expert!

Ingat!!
George

October 20th, 2009, 12:36
Hi George,

Your information is EXACTLY the kind of advice I am seeking. Thanks for sending it!

I will most likely stay at one of the hotels on the beach that your friend suggested. On Cebu, would you happen to know where all the gay action is? And is there a jomtien-type gay beach in Cebu? lol.

GWMinUS
October 23rd, 2009, 07:02
Hello Ballymenasurf,

After looking at a number of resorts on the Mactan coast, I have decided to book at the Maribago Bluewater Beach Resort. Orbitz.com has a very goof price with come extras...
It seems the beach at all the resorts is typically rocky and small.
If you want a really nice beach and 5-Star service, you should consider the Shangra-Lai.
But be warned, all the resorts are FAR FAR from Central Cebu.

I know of no gay beach on Cebu like in Pattaya. The really gay beach is White Beach on Mindoro. It is south of Manila so the gay men flock there on holiday. Of course Boracay offers many opportunities to cruise and meet!!! Just do not think Mactan is like that. So maybe you should consider one of those other beaches???

There is one Gay Bar on Mactan, in Lapu Lapu City. It is named Navigator. Not too far from the resorts. The other gay bars and discos are in the Mango Square mall in Central Cebu. Lots of TWINKS!!! And Ladyboys.

I am meeting a special friend from Mindanao, the island south of Cebu. He is flying up for a few days. Then we will fly together back to his City. Really looking forward to my trip in February. I love Pinoy guys!!!

Cheers

November 9th, 2009, 05:14
I lived in Manila until Dec 2008 and used to visit Cebu City on occasions. I stayed at the Marco Polo on the hill overlooking Cebu. The hotel is around 4/5 stars, about the best in Cebu City. I found bars around Mango Square which were all pretty safe and gay friendly. Its easy to hook up with a 'guide' at the square. Other than that the Navigator, Tarzan Boy in Mactan, Navigaor in Mandaue and Naughty Ka in Banilad Cebu are places to hang out, if theyre still there :)
Most ladyboys will happily guide you to gay bars, or get hold of a good english speaking taxi driver, he will know where to go.

You must let everyone know how you get on.....

John