PDA

View Full Version : Gayfriendly Hotels in Patong / Phuket

boy
October 7th, 2009, 04:21
I am planning to book my hollidays for two weeks by end January upto mid February 2009 in Phuket.

Since I do not know any hotels which are gayfriendly and where joiners are accepted without to pay a big joiners-fee, I have selected and found following three hotels in the Internet which seem to be pricewise favorable. Does anybody knows one or all of following hotels in Patong and could give me some informations / recommandations:

- The Yorkshire Hotel (3 stars)
- The Royal Palm Beach Front Patong (3 stars)
- Coconut Village Resort (3 stars)

Thanks to everybody who could give me some comments :boxing:

thrillbill
October 7th, 2009, 06:00
Why stay at these hotels when you can stay at some decent places at/near Paradise Complex in Patong (gay area)? The gay hotels (should say guest houses) have been discussed on this site before. I would recommend Aquarius Guest house (see web site) which has nice, spacious rooms if you go for the deluxe rooms (along with a small fitness center/sauna/free internet/small indoor "token" pool / free breakfast/ and a super friendly staff.) The other one you may try is Club ONe Seven which has decent rooms and a nice garden pool to dip in. It is further away from the gay area called Paradise Complex. The small gay beach area is also walking distance from Paradise Complex area.

Brad the Impala
October 7th, 2009, 14:53
Hi Boy,

I would advise you NOT to stay at the Yorkshire Hotel. If anywhere in Thailand is not gay friendly, this is it, and that is because of the farang owners and clientele they attract .

I don't know the other places but, you have had some good advice previously, and above, and you will find that this site has an excellent search facility and by putting in "Patong", you can find other recent threads on this topic.

KN Guesthouse (http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/guest-house-phuket-patong-t18361.html?hilit=patong#p188313)

http://www.sawatdee-gay-thailand.com/forum/gay-thailand/gay-friendly-hotel-guesthouse-t18315.html?hilit=patong

Beachlover
October 7th, 2009, 16:25
Why stay at these hotels when you can stay at some decent places at/near Paradise Complex in Patong (gay area)? The gay hotels (should say guest houses) have been discussed on this site before. I would recommend Aquarius Guest house (see web site) which has nice, spacious rooms if you go for the deluxe rooms (along with a small fitness center/sauna/free internet/small indoor "token" pool / free breakfast/ and a super friendly staff.) The other one you may try is Club ONe Seven which has decent rooms and a nice garden pool to dip in. It is further away from the gay area called Paradise Complex. The small gay beach area is also walking distance from Paradise Complex area.

The places in the Paradise Complex are in a backstreet fairly far (5-10 mins walk) from the beach and tend to be more guesthouse like places, rather than hotels... but whether this is an issue depends on your priorities. They do offer good value though... and some of the rooms look nice.

rincondog
October 8th, 2009, 06:50
Boy you can find a listing here of some gay friendly places to stay:
here (http://www.dreadedned.com/directory/bytype/4/3/)

If you indicate your price range I'm sure there would be other recommendations as well.

bing
October 8th, 2009, 08:18
Rincondog you posted a good resource. If one is into the gay ambiance and you like a bit of night life. Staying in the Paradise Complex is ground zero. You can walk the entire area in two minutes. I chose Connect to say at, and while it is very basic, it is also in the perfect location. Even if you don't stay there, be sure to sign up for their gay beach tour once a week. Take a boy with you and he will be so delighted. I took one who was the best dancer on on the beach in his white bikini. He had wnated to go for some time but could never afford it. He absolutely glowed after the day was over. I like the Blue Dolphin as a massage place. The My Way was my second home, due to the fact if I picked up one of the greeters. He spoke English well and was very nice company. Wow, that week shot by in a hurry. An elephant ride one day and an a trip to James Bond Island. Phuket is a great place to spend a few days. If you like to be surrounded by several young guys just take space on a couch outside My Way and unless you are a grouch, you will attract them like a moth to light. The memory still sparkles in my memory palace.

boy
October 9th, 2009, 05:12
Many thanks to all for your advise and comments !

This will be my second visit to Phuket and I will stay now in the middle of Patong whereas my first vacations in January 2009 was at Karon beach where I found it a little boring.

--> Rincondog: thank you for your uplist of gayfriendly accomadations which list is very helpful !

--> Bing: many thanks for your info and interesting info regarding the Gay Beach Tour organised by the Connect hotel.
Will send you separately a PM

Any further information you might have, would be of interest to me.

Thanks and best regards, Boy
(sorry, my english is not to good - my mothertongue is swiss-german)

October 9th, 2009, 05:53
I stayed in Phuket in the Siam Palm Hotel a few years ago. It was very pleasant, only about 300m from the beach if I remember correctly. It did not have a pool, but the rooms were excellent and the service very good. If my memory serves we correctly it was only 10 mins from the gay area. There were no problems with guests, breakfast included. Car hire, taxis, restaurant bookings - the hotel arranged everything quite seamlessly.

Beachlover
October 9th, 2009, 07:04
One thing about Phuket and Patong Beach is a lot of things change very quickly... there are new hotels and redeveloped hotels popping up all the time... hotels are often in the process of expanding or renovating, so some information gets out of date quickly.

I really wish they would offer better designed hotels for the mid-market though... the selection available ain't great.