PDA

View Full Version : Are Gogo bars happening during weekdays?

camperboy
October 6th, 2009, 19:24
Thinking of doing a short trip this month. Not sure if its wise to go during the early of the week.

Bars like tawan are stilll filled with people right?? Hhehe

Oh and anyone who stays in bkk, wanna meet up or something. Nothing sexual.. :boxing:

TrongpaiExpat
October 6th, 2009, 23:51
It's not predictable. Weekend usually draw a bigger customer base and that base is increasing more Asian tourists than Western. A few weekends ago Future Boys had a special event and there were only a few Western customers in a packed house. There's always plenty of boys but the shows have been hit or miss in all the Bangkok go-go's.

They keep gearing up for the approach of the high season but will it come?

October 7th, 2009, 10:24
Tawan and the Soi Twilight bars are open seven days a week. Those that have shows will put up a show every night, though if the crowd is really, really bad (like fewer than 10 people) they may shorten the show to just a few dull items. There are days when indeed the crowd is that bad, but that's mostly in the low season which should be ending about now. If you're planning to be in Bangkok later this month, I think you will see average-sized crowds. IMHO I don't think you should wish to see packed bars (what? are you planning to off a fellow customer? :happy7: ). You risk being given a seat way back from the stage and the desirable boys off'd too early.

Trongpai - the Bangkok gogo scene has been majority Asian tourists for a long, long time, unlike the Pattaya scene. The Asian tourist is younger than the Western and tends to take short weekend trips into Bangkok. This accounts for the noticeable difference in crowd size between weekends and weekdays.

TrongpaiExpat
October 7th, 2009, 14:24
(what? are you planning to off a fellow customer? :happy7: )

Well, I did, once (off'ed-no fee too!) and one other for a quickee in the hong nham. The guy went back to his seat, did not say another word to me and then left. Cute youngish Chinese guy.

Trongpai - the Bangkok gogo scene has been majority Asian tourists for a long, long time, unlike the Pattaya scene. The Asian tourist is younger than the Western and tends to take short weekend trips into Bangkok. This accounts for the noticeable difference in crowd size between weekends and weekdays.

Yes, but I get the impression, more so now then in years past. I go back to the mid 80's in this scene. Now, sometimes I am the only farang in the bar but I am not complaining.