PDA

View Full Version : PATTAYA GAY TV - 2nd edition online

October 3rd, 2009, 01:23
The second edition of www.pattayagaytv.com (http://www.pattayagaytv.com) is online now.
The тАЬMama Mia ShowтАЭ (I have a dream яБК ) in Wild West Boys and more sexy boys as compensation for to many drag queens last time.
Enjoy the report
Feedbacks are welcome to info@pattayagaytv.com

cdnmatt
October 3rd, 2009, 02:07
Feedbacks are welcome

Sure, you're wasting your time. You're trying to fulfill a demand that doesn't even exist. Sorry, but nobody cares about things like this.

That, and in all honesty, I think overall you're hurting the gay scene in Pattaya by trying to commercialize it like this. The tourists who visit Pattaya are already too bombarded with commercialization in their home countries, and one of the main allures to Pattaya is that it doesn't exist. It's more freedom.

You know, what's next? WWB will put up a web site, where I can place an order for my go-go boy at the same time I'm booking my flight to Thailand? (now watch, some asshole is going to think this is a good idea, and implement the thing).

October 3rd, 2009, 02:31
Feedbacks are welcome

Sure, you're wasting your time. You're trying to fulfill a demand that doesn't even exist. Sorry, but nobody cares about things like this.

That, and in all honesty, I think overall you're hurting the gay scene in Pattaya by trying to commercialize it like this. The tourists who visit Pattaya are already too bombarded with commercialization in their home countries, and one of the main allures to Pattaya is that it doesn't exist. It's more freedom.

You know, what's next? WWB will put up a web site, where I can place an order for my go-go boy at the same time I'm booking my flight to Thailand? (now watch, some asshole is going to think this is a good idea, and implement the thing).

If you brought your Guid Dog with you when you visit you would have noticed that Pattaya Gay Scene has been commercialized since farangs like Melting Madam Jim and co stated buying into it in the 80's and 90's. Bring back the Thai Owned Bars that don't rip you off.............

fedssocr
October 3rd, 2009, 05:01
Speak for yourself, cdnmatt. Anyway, it's not like they are hurting anyone by putting this together. And it's obviously not expensive to produce. Pattaya is probably the most commercial place in Thailand already. Those of who aren't there might enjoy seeing the scene and the boys while we count the days until our next visit. The only thing I wonder about is whether they get permission to film and make it clear what they are filming for in case people do not want to appear on the web in such establishments.

I love the cute boys dancing at Bondi Beach Bar at the end. They are actually dancing and seem to be enjoying themselves doing it. The Mamma Mia/WWB thing goes on a bit too long though. And the cute host needs to put his collar down. :-)

October 3rd, 2009, 07:05
.... Bring back the Thai Owned Bars that don't rip you off.............

Name one ..... just one?

October 3rd, 2009, 07:17
.... Bring back the Thai Owned Bars that don't rip you off.............

Name one ..... just one?

Just A Friend which is now Panorama.................

lonelywombat
October 3rd, 2009, 08:03
Wow. the Wildwestboys was OK but do not miss the Coyote Boys at the end of the video.

About 5 minutes in from the end.

If only go go boys danced like that, even danced, it would be an improvement.

It appears to be Bondi, but did not say if it was the regular show or a one off.

More info about the dancers please, where are they from if not Bondi. Are they offable.

When will Bondi have a show like this again if it is not a regular feature.

I recommend Pattaya split the video into two, Mamma Mia and The Coyote Boys go go

Ron-Heng Vancouver
October 3rd, 2009, 08:43
Excellent.. enjoyed your show..... thanks for your effort.

October 4th, 2009, 23:04
.....in all honesty, I think overall you're hurting the gay scene in Pattaya by trying to commercialize it like this. The tourists who visit Pattaya are already too bombarded with commercialization in their home countries, and one of the main allures to Pattaya is that it doesn't exist.

I'm baffled - not unusual, at least recently.

Are you saying that "the gay scene in Pattaya" is not commercial???? .... And that the non-existence of "commercialization" is one of Pattaya's "main allures"????

What planet are you from that has a more open and visible commercial "gay scene"??

Bob
October 5th, 2009, 02:39
Are you saying that "the gay scene in Pattaya" is not commercial???? .... And that the non-existence of "commercialization" is one of Pattaya's "main allures"????

Yea, GF, I'm with you....rather baffled by the implication that the Pattaya scene isn't commercialized in the first place and/or that one more website tips the balance. Wow.

And, yea, the tourists go to Pattaya to see the temples....

cdnmatt
October 5th, 2009, 04:05
.....in all honesty, I think overall you're hurting the gay scene in Pattaya by trying to commercialize it like this. The tourists who visit Pattaya are already too bombarded with commercialization in their home countries, and one of the main allures to Pattaya is that it doesn't exist.

I'm baffled - not unusual, at least recently.

What planet are you from that has a more open and visible commercial "gay scene"??

You misunderstood. One of the main allures of Pattaya has always been the free-flowing "anything goes" type of environment. One filled with adventure, where you never know what's going to happen the next day. This is one of the many things that attracted people to fly out from their home countries. They enjoyed the escape from the reality of their home country.

I know the commercialization has been happening for decades, but I'll still say it's one of the main reasons the (sex) tourist scene has seen a gradual downfall. As it continues to become increasingly Westernized, the allure of Pattaya fades. Fancy TV networks, high-rise condominiums, and lush golf courses isn't what originally allured tourists into Pattaya. That type of thing turns them off from visiting.

Don't get me wrong, Pattaya Gay TV doesn't really put a dent into anything I'm talking about, but I was just talking about the general trend of things. For a place like Pattaya, less commercialization would equal more tourists.

October 5th, 2009, 10:40
Some answers:

Yes, we asking before filming for permission at every location.

The dancers at Bondi Beach Bar are daily in NAP DISCO and yes you can off them there.

Enjoy www.pattayagaytv.com (http://www.pattayagaytv.com)

lonelywombat
October 5th, 2009, 13:49
Feedbacks are welcome

The coverage of the forums in total and the gaypattayatv worldwide would be a drop in the ocean of gay tourists who may or may not visit Thailand

First the majority of readers are in fact expats or regular visitors who come regardless of the content of forums. The extremely rare newbies that finds our forums that might be influenced
by this video is so small it does not bear discussing.

Nor do I think it will bring hordes of people flying in to see elderly white cocks in frocks.

The Nap dancers however could get an excellent run on YouTube and gay forums world wide, and they are a great advertisement for Pattaya.

The use of the term gay coyote is however something thats get listed in google and already has a number of Pattaya references. My advice is that the Nap dancers are made into a promotional video and somehow get listed on Google and similar.

Here is another suggestion to help promote Pattaya now we have quality video of coyote dancers. Why not PGF run a worlds first Gay Coyote Championship. Worlds first Male Coyote Championship. Say Easter in Boyztown, not inside a venue but a street festival with seats just like December. Open to International as well as Thai

This give Pattaya the chance to launch something unique, that can establish the guidelines for all copycat promoters around the world and gain valuable publicity for Pattaya as a gay destination.

I had suggested this to local Australian gay promoters and it was to be included in Carnival but was too late for funding or publicity.

lonelywombat
October 6th, 2009, 17:42
Surprised to get a number of emails and phone calls re my suggestions.

Having had some time to think more about it. I stand by my second suggestion of
Male Coyote Dancers Championship.

I have had suggestions that Fridae .com would support any activity.
People in Australia say the gay press is almost owned by one company and publicity is
most likely available.

I was asked what "angle" I had in mind to get publicity in the straight press.Had not thought that far ahead.
Why does it have to be a gay activity or competition?

To gain access to the tabloids of the world we need to have somethng different. PGF is a gay charity. But there are charities in Pattaya that look after orphans with AIDS. Camilian Centre is one, others can suggest more.

Maybe an open competition run for a childrens charity could get the free publicity in tabloids and broadsheets around the world, let alone straight talk back and gay publications. Maybe TV could even cover the function because of its novel theme.

My idea is to run a competition to attract maximum interest and publicity for Pattaya as well as attracting tourists both for the event and for general tourism.

I have been pissed of by all the negative talk of Red Shirts and Yellow Shirts and possible coups and so on. All I ask is what is Gay Pattaya doing to attract tourists and offering one suggestion.

Maybe the idea of open air heats in soi 1,2 3 Pattayland, in Sunee and also Jomtien complex is a starter.

October 6th, 2009, 19:50
Sounds like you're full of ideas and not so full of action.

October 7th, 2009, 01:29
Here is another suggestion to help promote Pattaya now we have quality video of coyote dancers. Why not PGF run a worlds first Gay Coyote Championship.

LW, what a surprisingly good idea! My only question would be how would you know whether they were "Gay"??

I can't help being reminded of the winner of a "Mr Gay Pattaya" competition who made it very clear that he was definitely not gay under any circumstances (including "gay for pay", but I have no idea how much "pay" was ever offered!)

lonelywombat
October 7th, 2009, 06:28
Here is another suggestion to help promote Pattaya now we have quality video of coyote dancers. Why not PGF run a worlds first Gay Coyote Championship.

LW, what a surprisingly good idea! My only question would be how would you know whether they were "Gay"??

I can't help being reminded of the winner of a "Mr Gay Pattaya" competition who made it very clear that he was definitely not gay under any circumstances (including "gay for pay", but I have no idea how much "pay" was ever offered!)

My feeling as I answered inquiries that it should be Male not limited to gay, and it should benefit children living with AIDS charities. As male gay go go dancers are exclusively part of the gay scene, it is logical that the Pattaya Gay Scene stage the event, gain the publicity for both Thailand and Pattaya and the childrens charity [say Cammillion] benefits.

The PGF is logically best suited to host the event but local service clubs like Rotary could become involved if it was not an exclusive GAY function.

I was sent a link to an old [2005] article regarding Hard Rock's AIDS charity . It gives an idea of some of the people that could come on board from outside the gay community if the
event was not limited to only gay dancers

http://www.newswit.com/enews/2005-12-08 ... 00000-for/ (http://www.newswit.com/enews/2005-12-08/1619-hard-rock-hotel-pattaya-raises-thb-600000-for/)

October 7th, 2009, 07:03
As male gay go go dancers are exclusively part of the gay scene,

What rubbish you talk, there are male gogo bars in town that cater for female clientel only (no old queens like you allowed) these ladies are usualy well to do asians. I personaly know a straight farang who is a partner in one of these bars which is situated in Soi LK Metro but dont go looking for it you would not get in.

Beachlover
October 7th, 2009, 17:03
You need to get a PR firm (with expertise engaging Western media) or someone who knows what they're doing.

You are thinking big but it'll only go somewhere if you have the drive and intelligence to get all the little steps together.

October 8th, 2009, 00:16
So its a non-starter then, BL?

Beachlover
October 8th, 2009, 05:22
Not at all... I'm just pointing out that some direction and expertise is needed. As you can see it is quite possible to do this without telling someone they are stupid and need a nanny. :blackeye:

I could of course, launch into a tirade about how they need to wake up to reality, that it'll never get off the ground, that they have no idea what they're doing and need to do their homework, that the international media would regard this as an amateur non-event, that it has the potential to draw attention to some of the very dodgy (or made to look dodgy by journalists seeking a story) sides of the Pattaya gay scene, that publicity (about what Pattaya is really about) is probably the last thing most of its existing patrons want... but I feel no need to put people down when they're exploring the possibilities (whether or not it is realistic)... because I've seen many "unrealistic ideas" come to fruition.

Beachlover
October 8th, 2009, 05:30
If you're aiming for a high profile you might want to consider not linking it with charities supporting children with Aids... It has the potential to have media or audience drawing some uncomfortable or negative conclusions, whether spoken or not.

Perhaps find another cause... something where a struggle or problem people can easily relate to and empathise with exists... and where no one else has really offered support... tell an emotive story.... and position this "gay community" as the first to go in and start making a difference.

October 9th, 2009, 22:25
I'm just pointing out that some direction and expertise is needed.

So its definitely a non-starter?

Perhaps find another cause... something where a struggle or problem people can easily relate to and empathise with exists... and where no one else has really offered support... tell an emotive story.... and position this "gay community" as the first to go in and start making a difference.

So (seriously, this time), what you are proposing is to forget about the worthwhile charities here (and the Camillian Centre (http://www.camillian-rayong.org/)* is one of the best), and instead "find" something else just to promote the "gay community"?

Thank God I have never considered myself any part of such a group (whatever or whoever it may consist of).

*: The center does not only care for orphans with HIV/Aids. "The Center was built to provide shelter and care to homeless, indigent, and rejected people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). Special emphasis was placed on women and children, as they were the most vulnerable members of the society"

MARK
October 11th, 2009, 09:50
Re: PATTAYA GAY TV - 2nd

Good promotional idea for some business in my opinion but just watch out for the torrent of abuse from the owner should you tell him you would prefer him not to make a feature in side your bar.

Beachlover
October 11th, 2009, 18:38
I'm just pointing out that some direction and expertise is needed.

So its definitely a non-starter?

So (seriously, this time), what you are proposing is to forget about the worthwhile charities here (and the Camillian Centre (http://www.camillian-rayong.org/)* is one of the best), and instead "find" something else just to promote the "gay community"?

Thank God I have never considered myself any part of such a group (whatever or whoever it may consist of).

*: The center does not only care for orphans with HIV/Aids. "The Center was built to provide shelter and care to homeless, indigent, and rejected people living with HIV/AIDS (PLWHA). Special emphasis was placed on women and children, as they were the most vulnerable members of the society"

I don't agree it's "definitely a non starter"... Why do you think I mean this?

I wasn't proposing to "forget about the worthwhile charities here". I was putting out ideas and a possible framework/criteria for decision making in terms of selecting a cause/charity.

If this is a business venture and primary objective is to promote the gay community... then the cause/charity (if this is to be part of the vehicle for gaining publicity) needs to be selected based on achieving the objective and minimising risk to the objective. The HIV/Aids thing poses some level of risk and needs to be kept in mind. Not saying it rules it out completely... or can't be overcome... just saying it's a dynamic, which needs to be considered. There's no sharp right or wrong here.

If it's more of a community venture then a business venture... then obviously this changes how the decisions are made.