View Full Version : Koh Chang

September 29th, 2009, 04:17
Hi,

I'm planning a trip with my bf to Koh Chang.
Does anyone know what is a good place to stay.
I want to have accommodation at the sea (maybe bungalow),
with swimmingpool, 3 or 4 star.

Thanks for your advice.

Wazza
September 29th, 2009, 09:17
Can reccommend the Barali Beach Resort at Klong Prao Beach spent a very pleasant 4 days there. You do need a motorcycle to get around as most resorts are located some way off the main road. Check out the www.iamkohchang.com (http://www.iamkohchang.com) website good no nonsense advice and some good reccomendations for accommodation.

TrongpaiExpat
September 29th, 2009, 12:26
I have stayed at Kacha Resort (http://www.kohchangkacha.com/) on White Sands beach a few times. I have some discount vouchers I bought at a travel fair in Bangkok that I plan to used sometime next year. I was looking to try some other resort on Koh Chang but the discount was just too good to pass up and I Kacha is decent. The other side of the island is less developed and more natural.

Yes, I agree transportation is needed unless you want to be stuck at one of the resorts. At least at Kacha you can walk to some restaurants but other resorts are isolated. If you can handle a motocy,good idea, there not expensive but rental cars are on the island. An other option is to rent a car in Bangkok or Pattaya. Roads on the island are good and not all that treacherous.

Public transport options from Bangkok are easy, Ekamai has a direct bus, far left window facing the station. From Pattaya the public transportation options are more limited with a transfer in Trat. Private Pattaya transportation options are much faster but for Bangkok the public option is just as fast.

The next Bangkok Travel Fair is going to be at the Impact Arena on Oct 30 to Nov 1. Send you BF to pick up some discounts, you have to pay now but saving range from 1/3 off to 1/2 listed prices with restrictions. Budget and Avis sells car vouchers for a Honda Jazz for 640B per day. These fairs are not marketed for forien travelers but show up with a CC and/or some cash and your quite welcome.

Kho Chang is one of my favorite islands, have a nice time.

September 29th, 2009, 14:00
We're thinking of going just after New Year.

Do any of you know what the roads are like, on a 125cc bike? When we went to Koh Phangan we had to stop driving and push the bike up some of the steeper hills (or I had to get out and run while the bf drove)... is it the same in Koh Chang?

TrongpaiExpat
September 29th, 2009, 15:18
No, there not like Koh Phangan. There is one steep hill with a hair pin curve just before you enter White Sands but for the most part the road is level and paved. There are some interior ATV type roads but the main road follows the coast is in good condition and paved. The road does not connect all the way around but the map I had showed it connected. In real fine print latter I see (proposed).

I don't know a 125cc bike from a 225 but it's about as steep as that hill that goes down or up from/to Patong in Phuket but not nearly as long.

September 29th, 2009, 18:23
Dont tell any one, but the Gay Beach is Bang Bao Beach...

Its the best kept secret for only exclusive bathers, so donтАЩt spoil it.

"Don't tell anyone" just let LMTU post it all over the internet!

"It's the best kept secret for only exclusive bathers, so don't spoil it" It might have been a secret until LMTU found out about it!....

:cheers:

witchhunt
September 29th, 2009, 18:50
At least he can afford to go there and post from experience. Others can only cut and paste from the internet.

September 29th, 2009, 19:57
a dessert Island

A dessert island! My favorite! Do they serve ├оle flottante there?