View Full Version : The Rose Hotel Bangkok

allieb
September 26th, 2009, 21:07
After a 3 year absence I went back to Thailand and had a fabulous 2 weeks. I had been led to believe that Thailand had changed for the worst by reading this board but I found nothing but nice things and cant complain about a single thing.

The Rose Hotel was a great place to stay in Bangkok 1,480 Baht a night booked with AGODA. I was told at reception that my room didn't include breakfast but it was an option if I wanted for 250 Baht each person. Each person I said in a joking way, I'm alone. The reply I got was "now you are but you might not be in the morning" She gave me a big smile and from that I knew that enything goes at the Rose.

I have attached some pics and can recomend this hotel to anybody who is undecied as to where to stay.

September 26th, 2009, 21:12
The Rose has been a knocking shop for decades and decades, and they know it. They have seen it all over the years, and I can't imagine them being shocked by anything at this point.

allieb
September 26th, 2009, 21:16
The Rose has been a knocking shop for decades and decades, and they know it. They have seen it all over the years, and I can't imagine them being shocked by anything at this point. A

But a very nice Knocking shop and not tacky

September 26th, 2009, 21:25
The Rose has been a knocking shop for decades and decades, and they know it. They have seen it all over the years, and I can't imagine them being shocked by anything at this point. A

But a very nice Knocking shop and not tacky

Now, perhaps. It used to be a real pit -- similar to the Suriwong Hotel (or worse).

The owners have really tarted it up in recent years, though.

stevehadders
September 27th, 2009, 05:56
Bunny is right - I stayed there once around 9 years ago - it was a real pit. Looking at the photos there have been big changes! Glad you enjoyed your trip

Beachlover
September 27th, 2009, 08:38
Thanks for the nice pics.

Yeah, I considered staying here a couple of years ago... but at the time it looked terrible and had bad reviews.

It looks much better now. If they are after the nightlife client├иle what they really need is a little jacuzzi in each room... the last place I stayed had a nice bathtub (though a bit squeezed for two)... boys have lots of fun splashing about.

thrillbill
September 27th, 2009, 08:47
My Thai buddy and I have stayed at the Rose 3-4 times since it was renovated. It is NOT a "gay hotel" so you do run into groups of Japanese men there for the night life and golfing, and then you run into a few families. I like the new Rose but rather stay closer to soi 4 and DJ''s but those who hang out at soi Twilight, I suppose it is a good location for you. The rooms are small but tastefully done. When I was there, breakfast was included and it was from the menu, not a crap-buffet. The small garden- pool area is tastefully done which give one a feeling that they are not smack in the middle of the city.

krobbie
September 30th, 2009, 10:12
I have stayed a couple of times at The Rose Hotel. I always get the rate which includes breakfast. I do not like having to start the day searching for food. Very dull.

The pool area of The Rose is fantastic in this price range and I have also found the staff to be most helpful.

The odd thing about The Rose is that the elevator never quite manages to open right on floor lever. It is always a slight step up or down from the floor level.

allieb
September 30th, 2009, 13:42
Krobie

They have a rate of 1,480 for a corner room without breakfast and regular room with breakfast 1,980. I thought it pointless to pay 500 Baht extra to include breakfast when if you get to the coffee shop after 10 AM the inclusive breakfast is finished. The coffee shop serves 24 hours from the menu and a full breakfast is only 250 baht. Better not to include breakfast in the room price don't you think?