September 23rd, 2009, 01:54
[youtube:2d9d8atm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhysVDGKCIY[/youtube:2d9d8atm]

[youtube:2d9d8atm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RT5-9lPLVCE[/youtube:2d9d8atm]

[youtube:2d9d8atm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QADMmkGAazE[/youtube:2d9d8atm]

[youtube:2d9d8atm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m6FzefA0j8[/youtube:2d9d8atm]

[youtube:2d9d8atm]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bOF4tDxwRRw[/youtube:2d9d8atm]

Beachlover
September 23rd, 2009, 06:10
Thanks Giggsy.... that was entertaining.

You could make a movie about the wealthy 10-million pound drug dealer... What a fantastic downfall. From 10 million pounds to life in a Thai prison.

You have to wonder why they continue taking that level of risk once they've made that much money. I supposed they become used to that risk level, they like the feeling of playing that role and don't know any other way to make money. Legitimate business is all too hard and unglamorous for them...

He sounds quite pragmatic about his situation.

cdnmatt
September 23rd, 2009, 07:13
Ok, now this series is starting to get stupid, and the directors are just being dicks now.

This episode has nothing to do with Thailand, and it's just explaining a bunch of idiots who for the most part, deserve what they got. Should have just did this series in the UK, and called it "Big Trouble in Residential England". Would have been cheaper to produce.

I mean, if you're going to bash Thailand, at least do it right. Instead of just scratching the surface, at least do a bit of investigative work, and uncover various things within the BIB, or how bar owners sometimes operate, or whatever. Showing a bunch of brits being jackasses then implying that it's Thailand's fault is pretty low.

Beachlover
September 23rd, 2009, 09:43
Actually I thought this was the least "Thai bashing" episode so far. Episodes 1 and 2 were much worse... in this episode, the Westerners look the dumbest.

At the end of the day, they just want to make money. Produce something that gets them viewers at the lowest possible cost... make it exotic (Thailand) and have some local relevance (follow Brits) ... a tiny film crew in Thailand and some production hours in London is probably all they put into making it.

I like how the intro is done...

cdnmatt
September 23rd, 2009, 10:03
Actually I thought this was the least "Thai bashing" episode so far.

Exactly, that's my point. The series is titled, "Big Trouble in Tourist Thailand", yet this episode has almost nothing to do with Thailand. You could have just as easily done this episode in Italy, Malta, Ibiza, Mallorca, etc. Yet, tons of people in the UK watching it will think they're going to have problems in Thailand now, when it's not true. Don't act like a total jackass, respect the fact that you're in a foreign country, and you're fine.

I don't know, just irks me. Why bash an entire country, and help destroy its already dwindling tourist industry, just to make a few bucks? Seems pretty low to me.

blueboy
September 23rd, 2009, 16:42
I agree with cdnmatt, it also does not help tourism here which is at its lowest I have ever seen it in 7 years here.
Thailand tourism has already suffered from Tsunami, bird flu, SARS and the airport fiasco last December never mind the global downturn - does it need more help from Bravo TV?

Dani69
September 23rd, 2009, 22:40
I agree its comical but not good for Thai tourism - OMG that Howard tourist police guy - what a pain.

September 23rd, 2009, 22:43
If it keeps lowlife like the people in those videos away, all the better.

September 23rd, 2009, 22:57
OMG that Howard tourist police guy - what a pain.
What is also Interesting (not like his voice) Howard Miller is Executive Producer of Pattaya One News the TV station that goes out it's way to promote tourism in Pattaya with headlines like:
Crazy Brit causes a stir in Soi Diana Inn.
Frenchman found dead in his house by girlfriend retuning from trip.
Russian victim of Necklace Snatch fights back and detains one of two suspects.
Norwegian arrested following stabbing incident at South Pattaya Hotel.
Englishman caught up in road rage incident in South Pattaya.
http://www.pattayaone.net/news/

September 24th, 2009, 04:37
I wonder if these three great conservatives are related?

http://i672.photobucket.com/albums/vv84/lovelyrs/conservatives.jpg

Brad the Impala
September 24th, 2009, 06:40
"Ladyboys attacked by one of Miller's gang"

Pepper Spray (http://www.pattaya-live.com/-Ladyboys-accuse-one-of-Howard-Millerand39s-gang-of-assault-t16729.html)

Beachlover
September 24th, 2009, 20:47
I agree with cdnmatt, it also does not help tourism here which is at its lowest I have ever seen it in 7 years here.
Thailand tourism has already suffered from Tsunami, bird flu, SARS and the airport fiasco last December never mind the global downturn - does it need more help from Bravo TV?

It's hard to tell if it will help or hinder Thailand's tourism.

Personally... looking at the images on screen, I believe it will help. Males (the network's target audience) in the UK will watch this and think, "shit, I want to get a bunch of mates together and go there for my next holidays... make it exotic... looks like a riot... awesome beaches and great party place".

stevehadders
September 25th, 2009, 03:25
Just cheap viewing - watching the low lifes from my country making a complete fool of themselves in a country that does not deserve them! I dont think the 3rd episode gave a bad impresion of Thailand - just showed rather sad people getting themselves into trouble. I have been visiting 5 times a year for last 11 years (a mere newcomer compared to many of you),have always respected the culture and law and never felt threatened, or at risk. I have seen some "interesting" things happen, as I have in many places in the world

zinzone
September 25th, 2009, 11:16
Thanks again Giggsy.

Some comments about episode 3:
The farang drug dealer was to be seen around Pattaya before his arrest. He would often brag about living in a $1 milllion house and claimed to be a former commando training Thai soldiers and he would boast of connections to Thai Generals.
What a load of shite.
The only soliders he was connected with are foot soldiers who delivered his poison around the world.

The reality being as the programme labelled him: a career criminal.

Many people have come across Thais and others who have had their lives and their families lives ruined by drugs and it is the likes of this drug dealer or similar crooks who caused it. If you are the victim of a crime it is likely the perpetrator has a drugs problem.
Yet this effing c*nt who obviously has never done a honest days work in his life comes to a foreign country, brazenly commits serious crime and has the cheek to whinge about the Thai legal system?!
Plus he is a total idiot as he was caught red handed.
He is lucky not to be executed.

As to the dreadful Pattaya black shirts, did you notice the self appointed fuhrer of that group- Miller- was seen assaulting an arrested person? Showing his true colours.

Agree the programme is just giving a forum to the scum and low lifes of Pattaya and Thailand........

Beachlover
September 25th, 2009, 12:41
just showed rather sad people getting themselves into trouble.

I think it's the "nut town" "anything goes" atmosphere/feeling you get in Pattaya that magnifies the crazy behaviour.

Does anyone else feel this when they've visited Pattaya?... It feels like some Wild West frontier town... Josef Fritzl could stroll about and no one would bat an eyelid.

Beachlover
September 25th, 2009, 12:48
Thanks again Giggsy.

Some comments about episode 3:
The farang drug dealer was to be seen around Pattaya before his arrest. He would often brag about living in a $1 milllion house and claimed to be a former commando training Thai soldiers and he would boast of connections to Thai Generals.
What a load of shite.
The only soliders he was connected with are foot soldiers who delivered his poison around the world.

The reality being as the programme labelled him: a career criminal.

Many people have come across Thais and others who have had their lives and their families lives ruined by drugs and it is the likes of this drug dealer or similar crooks who caused it. If you are the victim of a crime it is likely the perpetrator has a drugs problem.
Yet this effing c*nt who obviously has never done a honest days work in his life comes to a foreign country, brazenly commits serious crime and has the cheek to whinge about the Thai legal system?!
Plus he is a total idiot as he was caught red handed.
He is lucky not to be executed.

As to the dreadful Pattaya black shirts, did you notice the self appointed fuhrer of that group- Miller- was seen assaulting an arrested person? Showing his true colours.

Agree the programme is just giving a forum to the scum and low lifes of Pattaya and Thailand........

I heard/read somewhere Howard Miller is one of the gay farang in Pattaya?... True?

Yeah, the drug dealer is scum.

You know if they did execute him and made the death penalty a mandatory sentence (like Singapore) it might go some way towards some way towards deterring other farang drug kingpins from setting up/continuing shop. The knowledge that it's "possible" to get away with a jail sentence (though this is bad enough) reduces the risk factor dramatically... knowing that the death sentence is mandatory would heighten the perceived risk/downside.

The guy is a mini scarface...

September 25th, 2009, 14:05
You know if they did execute him and made the death penalty a mandatory sentence (like Singapore) it might go some way towards some way towards deterring other farang drug kingpins from setting up/continuing shop.

When was the last time a 'drug kingpin' was executed in Singapore, or anywhere else for that matter? Its the smalltime dealers and couriers who get caught, and there is always somebody else stupid enough to take their place. And the drug trade continues regardless.

Beachlover
September 25th, 2009, 15:10
That's a good point... drug "kingpins" in Singapore would either be more cautious or stay out of there altogether.

Unlike in Thailand, where perhaps they feel they are less scared and don't feel they need to be so cautious.

Dani69
September 25th, 2009, 16:04
"I heard/read somewhere Howard Miller is one of the gay farang in Pattaya?... True?"
Seen him in Sunee before using his "hands on" approach with a bar boy.

September 25th, 2009, 16:17
Someone oughta kick his teeth in.

Beachlover
September 25th, 2009, 20:54
"I heard/read somewhere Howard Miller is one of the gay farang in Pattaya?... True?"

I think I saw him in a video interviewing local Pattaya businesses. As an interviewer, he was as dull and unexciting as a door knob...

cdnmatt
September 26th, 2009, 01:29
Should we pool our money together, and pay a mob of angry ladyboys to attack Howard? :-)

Beachlover
September 26th, 2009, 09:06
Should we pool our money together, and pay a mob of angry ladyboys to attack Howard? :-)

No need. Just point at him and say, "him have money too much".

Brad the Impala
September 26th, 2009, 17:28
But setting him up for a tv TV expose would be poetic!

September 27th, 2009, 21:24

Not according to Stickman's column this week:

Congratulations are in order to Howard Miller, the popular leader of the tourist police volunteers in Pattaya, who next month will be marrying his very lovely teeruk.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanB ... dships.htm (http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2009/ThailandFragileFriendships.htm)

Beachlover
September 28th, 2009, 02:53
Maybe he swings both ways

ceejay
September 28th, 2009, 03:12
Tee hee - I'm not normally a member of the spelling police, but I just love this one from the Stickman page:

When the NASDAQ crashed and along with it his retirement plans, he found himself the one being mocked and started to make all sorts of threats with constant references to his marital arts training.

zinzone
September 28th, 2009, 10:59
"From the online application form for the Thai Royal Tourist Police: ( application online)
4. Volunteers understand that being a volunteer is to assist the work of a police officer and not act on behalf of a police officer
5. Volunteers should not be involved in activities such as arrests, interrogations, investigations or inspections

Others can tweeze the particulars out of what has been shown on the Bravo series, but it seems crystal clear to me that what the volunteers are doing in Walking Street in Pattaya is beyond their purview. In fact, the actions of those on Walking Street are blatantly against the Thai Royal Tourist Police rules. "

-The above is copied from a recent posting on another forum(T/V).

Which again confirms the 'black shirts' in walking street etc are abusing their powers.