PDA

View Full Version : 'Have Wheels ~ Will Travel': alternative guided travel.

jinks
September 14th, 2009, 19:08
Copied this May 2005 message from the obsolete resources forum because Supot has another NEW TRUCK.
He is now over 40 so the "extras" issue is even less of a problem :evil4: :love4:

I post this 'advertisement' on the Board in the hope that it is not taken overly poorly or in bad spirit by those who may think it an inappropriate use of this venue.

I did a lot of thinking about whether to post this at all ... but decided in the end to throw caution to the wind and have a go at it. I have asked his opinion as to whether this was a good idea (or not good). He has given me thumbs up.

My dearest old man (Khun Suphot) has a brand new vehicle for hire to anyone interested in taking short or long trips to anywhere in Thailand.

The Entrepreneur:

Suphot is 37 year old and a mature, intelligent and easy-going gay Thai man. He has a great interest in the history and culture of his country, and can communicate that interest enthusiastically to those who are interested and curious. He speaks Thai, Lao, Khymer, and very good English.

He knows the back streets of upcountry Thailand and can take you to places you would not normally see if travelling by more conventional means.

The vehicle:

A brand new nissan truck with a reasonably large back seat for a second passenger (it is NOT appropriate for more than 2 passengers). If only one passenger, then lots of room for luggage in the back seat. With 2 persons, luggage can be stowed in the box and moved back into the cab for lockup on stops. It has a very efficient air conditioning system for comfortable travel.
The vehicle is well-insured ... insurance for passengers (this being Thailand!)

Travel routes can be either planned by him (according to your desires), or totally up to you (Suphot's middle name is "flexible"). He can meet you at any airport, bus/train station. or hotel in Thailand.

Pricing:

In general, for one day trips the cost would consist of (1) fuel, (2) small meals ( he does not necessarily have to eat in the same places as the customer and (3) a daily fee. For trips than a day ... same as above, but including (4) cost of some over-night accomodation ( again, he does not necessarily need to stay in the same hotel as the client)

Please understand that "extras" are NOT available ... he's a one-man-guy (and that means me!), So please do not even ask.

Other that one proviso, Suphot will always do his utmost to see that any person hiring his vehicle (and himself!) has the best and most enjoyable personalized guided excursion possible.

If any member here has an interest in a service such as this they can contact my email address (david-away@hotmail.com ) or click on the little email icon at the bottom of this post. I will then contact you by return email and send you his mobile phone number . . . or I can do the communication logistics for you.

Cheers ...

For more detailed information on this service, please email me at: david-away@hotmail.com

cdnmatt
September 15th, 2009, 03:36
Since the message is 4 years old, is that e-mail address still valid?

Beachlover
September 15th, 2009, 04:22
Is the car still valid? lol

September 15th, 2009, 04:34
Is the car still valid? lol

I take you didn't bother bother to read the beginning of the post.

P.S. Jinks are you getting commision?

Rene
September 15th, 2009, 12:56
My dearest old man (Khun Suphot) has a brand new vehicle for hire to anyone interested in taking short or long trips to anywhere in Thailand.
Suphot is 37 year old...

Please understand that "extras" are NOT available ... he's a one-man-guy (and that means me!), So please do not even ask.

Is this somewhat rude caveat really necessary? To me it borders on the absurd. Are there so many gays coming to Thailand who are gerontophiles and interested in someone old enough to be a grandfather?
"Keep your hands off of Gramps; he only has eyes for Granny!" ROTFL

Smiles
September 15th, 2009, 16:02
Suphot is 37 year old...
" ... Is this somewhat rude caveat really necessary? To me it borders on the absurd ... "
Oh for fuck sake Rene, try putting your sense of humour (does it even exist?) in 2nd gear. Recognizing tongue-in-cheek on this Board is pretty well part of surviving here.

To the other question: the email address in the original post is mine and is still valid and will be responded to ... but if you want to get hold of Suphot personally regarding some excursion, then you can email << suphot.tours@gmail.com >>. Or for another option, just use the PM function on Sawatdee to get hold of me.

Thanks jinks for rearranging, and posting this old message.

Diec
September 15th, 2009, 16:09
Sounds like Pot can be had for a good time as well as a tour. But I don't know.

pennyboy
September 15th, 2009, 16:36
Nice one Rene!! I think you hit the spot there. ROFL

jinks
September 17th, 2009, 00:18
Thanks jinks for rearranging, and posting this old message.

When, eventually, in the fullness of time, one day soon, the ALL NEW RESOURCE FORUM is ready I will copy it over :) 5% commission please :notworthy: