PDA

View Full Version : BKK: Boys & Massage & Hotels & More!

September 12th, 2009, 18:39
So it turns out IтАЩll be back in Bangkok later this month! I was there last month (returning after nearly 15 years!), but that last trip was for just over a day, so all I managed to do was go to Tawan & Dream Boys for a bit and spend a couple of amazing hours at Urban Male.

This time around, I will be there for four whole daysтАж and I have only a couple of meetings scheduled every day, so that means plenty of free time on hand to partake in the delights of Krung Thep.

Since so many of you have much experience with the place, I was wondering if yтАЩall could help with a few suggestions. I did look at many of the old threads, and found some answers, but a lot of information seems to be a little dated by now.

Hotel
ItтАЩs a work trip, so I can stay in most of the nicer hotels. But I figured why not go for something more convenient, in the Suriwong-Silom area. The Meridien is a great hotel in the ideal location тАУ but IтАЩm not sure how fussy they are going to be about joiners. Although the probability that IтАЩll bring a boy back with me are about 50/50, I suppose itтАЩs best to leave the possibility open.
What hotels would be recommended, keeping quality/location/policy in mind?
IтАЩve seen Tarntawan, Rose, Tawan, Montien all come up тАУ but any tips and recommendations would be great!

тАЬMassageтАЭ
As I mentioned, I had a great experience at Urban Male last time around. This trip, with more time, I want to тАЬsampleтАЭ a bit more!

I know thereтАЩs literally a couple of dozen places, but I have some criteria in mindтАЭ clean place, non-picky masseurs, medium to well-built boys. What places would yтАЩall recommend for this?

Actual Massage
Something else I want to do is get an actual massage. Something strongтАж Deep tissue or sport. What places/spas are best for a real massage-massage? Male and technically proficient is my basic requirementтАж No apr├иs-massage expected!

Boys
If I were to bring a boy to my hotel room (for a couple hours, or the night), where would be the best place to pick one? Off a dancer from a bar? Get a massage place to send someone over? Or is there another/better option?
Again, IтАЩm all about the medium to well-built types; doesnтАЩt matter if heтАЩs a bit older (even early 30s is good). Just not into the twinky/schoolboy types тАУ and the bars seem to be all about the twinks.

Thanks all in advance! Any input much appreciated!

x in pattaya
September 12th, 2009, 19:08
тАЬMassageтАЭ
As I mentioned, I had a great experience at Urban Male last time around. This trip, with more time, I want to тАЬsampleтАЭ a bit more!

I know thereтАЩs literally a couple of dozen places, but I have some criteria in mindтАЭ clean place, non-picky masseurs, medium to well-built boys. What places would yтАЩall recommend for this?

Wherever you go the experience you have will depend on luck and the "chemistry" between you and the masseur, but I've had good experiences at Senso which is located off Silom on Sala Daeng http://www.sensomenclub.com/en/model.php and Hero on Soi 11 off Sukhumvit. The latter is exceedingly popular and can be a bit chaotic if you go at their peak times. Neither is cheap, but cheap is probably not what you're looking for.

Boys
If I were to bring a boy to my hotel room (for a couple hours, or the night), where would be the best place to pick one? Off a dancer from a bar? Get a massage place to send someone over?

You really want to get as much info as you can about the guy before you take him back to your room, so you stand a better chance of finding someone compatible if you can actually see him and chat with him briefly before deciding. If you call a massage place and ask them to send someone to your room it can be surprisingly expensive and the odds the guy will be someone you feel good about are about nil. Visit the bars and off someone. Here are photos of some guys at Dream Boys and Bangkok Boys http://thaiboy.net/bbb/index.php?p=db.

Most/some of the guys in these photos and those for Senso actually exist and are to be found at those places. At least it gives you an idea of what's available, but still you need to make a decision by traipsing around from bar to bar. Not an entirely unpleasant task. Tawan and Hotmale guys are probably a bit too beefy for you, but most bars have a fairly wide variety of guys ... you just have to explore.

Beachlover
September 12th, 2009, 19:39
Hotel
ItтАЩs a work trip, so I can stay in most of the nicer hotels. But I figured why not go for something more convenient, in the Suriwong-Silom area. The Meridien is a great hotel in the ideal location тАУ but IтАЩm not sure how fussy they are going to be about joiners. Although the probability that IтАЩll bring a boy back with me are about 50/50, I suppose itтАЩs best to leave the possibility open.
What hotels would be recommended, keeping quality/location/policy in mind?
IтАЩve seen Tarntawan, Rose, Tawan, Montien all come up тАУ but any tips and recommendations would be great!

If work is paying, the most convenient locations are Dusit Thani and Pan Pacific. Both are overlooking Lumpini Park, 1 min from the Skytrain and right in the middle of the gay bars/discos in Silom.

I had no problem bringing boys back to the Dusit but others have had to pay joiners.

I heard the Pan Pacific is quite liberal and there's no problems with joiners. Anyone else had experiences here?

Anyone else had experiences at the Meridian?

September 12th, 2009, 19:46
Wherever you go the experience you have will depend on luck and the "chemistry" between you and the masseurтАж but cheap is probably not what you're looking for.
Totally. Probably depends on the sun and the planets aligning just as much as on anything else! But I'm assuming there are some places that are more geared towards certain activities/types than others. And you're right - I'm not necessarily looking for cheap - you tend to get what you pay for usually. Of course, that doesn't mean I'm willing to shell out 8,000 baht for a rub-and-tug, but I'm not going to restrict myself to a 200 baht encounter either.

Most/some of the guys in these photos and those for Senso actually exist and are to be found at those places. At least it gives you an idea of what's available, but still you need to make a decision by traipsing around from bar to bar. Not an entirely unpleasant task. Tawan and Hotmale guys are probably a bit too beefy for you, but most bars have a fairly wide variety of guys ... you just have to explore.[/quote]

Not necessarily. IтАЩm not big into the very young, very slim types, but am more than okay with the opposite! Not read much about Hotmale thoughтАж Are their guys on the line of Tawan? Or slightly less muscly?

So bar hopping and picking someone I like probably seems like it will be the best option. Thanks... Much appreciated!

Beachlover
September 12th, 2009, 20:00
Boys
If I were to bring a boy to my hotel room (for a couple hours, or the night), where would be the best place to pick one? Off a dancer from a bar? Get a massage place to send someone over? Or is there another/better option?
Again, IтАЩm all about the medium to well-built types; doesnтАЩt matter if heтАЩs a bit older (even early 30s is good). Just not into the twinky/schoolboy types тАУ and the bars seem to be all about the twinks.

Thanks all in advance! Any input much appreciated!

Goodness... away for 15 years?

DJ Station is a good place to pick up boys.

x in pattaya
September 12th, 2009, 20:34
Not necessarily. IтАЩm not big into the very young, very slim types, but am more than okay with the opposite! Not read much about Hotmale thoughтАж Are their guys on the line of Tawan? Or slightly less muscly?

I agree with the age issue... the last guy I off'd from Hotmale claimed he was 29 and probably was a bit more than that, which was fine with me. If you look through the photos at Boys of Bangkok & Dream Boys there are definitely some older guys. One has his age at 40.

I don't get to the bars very often, but a few months ago I was at Hotmale, B of B and DB. It's been longer than that since I was last at Tawan. Based on what you say, you might actually want to give Hotmale and Tawan a first shot and try Bof B & DB if you're still looking. Some of the other bars on Soi Twilight should probably be left for last if necessary. As for the massage, Hero might be a better option for massage too. BUT it really is something of a crap shoot. Even if 90% of the guys in some bar are young, twinky and fem there still might be one or two older, heftier guys who would knock your socks off and you only need one ... at least only one at a time.

September 13th, 2009, 02:23
I heard the Pan Pacific is quite

...user friendly.

They not only turned a blind eye but I was cruised in the lifts by a desk clerk. He was later rude to one of my guests over parking arrangements. I've heard that rougher trade (which cruises outside the hotel in the early hours) is likely to have IDs inspected at the lift interchange floor. None of my guests suffered this indignity.

Breakfast was a trial as there was a to-die-for young Thai executive at the next table.:bounce:

September 13th, 2009, 02:25
Goodness... away for 15 years?

DJ Station is a good place to pick up boys.

I know! ItтАЩs a travestyтАж And 15 years ago, I didnтАЩt even partake! Would the typical DJ station pickup be for a charge? Not that I mind - just making sure I know the score beforehand.

If work is paying, the most convenient locations are Dusit Thani and Pan Pacific. Both are overlooking Lumpini Park, 1 min from the Skytrain and right in the middle of the gay bars/discos in Silom.

I had no problem bringing boys back to the Dusit but others have had to pay joiners.

I heard the Pan Pacific is quite liberal and there's no problems with joiners. Anyone else had experiences here?

Anyone else had experiences at the Meridian?

Yep, work is paying. And last time around they paid for the Meridien тАУ which is a great hotel in so many ways. But I suspect joiners might be an issue there, so IтАЩm looking at other options. I read mixed input about the Dusit тАУ but thanks for the Pan Pacific suggestionтАж IтАЩll definitely look into that!

Based on what you say, you might actually want to give Hotmale and Tawan a first shot and try Bof B & DB if you're still looking. Some of the other bars on Soi Twilight should probably be left for last if necessary. As for the massage, Hero might be a better option for massage too. BUT it really is something of a crap shoot. Even if 90% of the guys in some bar are young, twinky and fem there still might be one or two older, heftier guys who would knock your socks off and you only need one ... at least only one at a time.
Thanks again for your input! I know the whole thing is a crapshoot тАУ but thereтАЩs most likely some places where the likelihood of leaving satisfied is greater than at others. IтАЩll definitely be checking out Hotmale though!

Oh, and any suggestion on good hotels where joiners wonтАЩt be an issue? Thanks!

September 13th, 2009, 02:33
I heard the Pan Pacific is quite

...user friendly.

They not only turned a blind eye but I was cruised in the lifts by a desk clerk. He was later rude to one of my guests over parking arrangements. I've heard that rougher trade (which cruises outside the hotel in the early hours) is likely to have IDs inspected at the lift interchange floor. None of my guests suffered this indignity.

Breakfast was a trial as there was a to-die-for young Thai executive at the next table.:bounce:

Hahah! Any luck with the young executive?

So I take it the Pan Pacific is generally cool with joiners?

firecat69
September 13th, 2009, 13:11
You could try Marriott Sathorn Vista which is near the Pan Pacific. 47 baht taxi ride to Soi Twilight. You will get a beautiful 1 bedroom suite for the price of a hotel room at other places. The staff is wonderful and fairly gay. Absolutely no problem with joiners.

Yo can also walk to Patpong in 12 minutes if in shape and just a few more to Soi Twilight. Adonis massage is across the street and I have had mostly good luck there.

Don't really think of Soi Twilight bars being Twinky except for Classic. Thing change but in my humble opinion if you are looking for versatile or Bottom then X Boys is your best choice. I would term their boys as athletic but not twinky. Most are in the 24-27 age range although some look younger.

If you want Tops then go to Dream Boys. I'm guessing 80% Tops.

If you want any reccs from XBoys then PM me.

x in pattaya
September 13th, 2009, 13:51
Oh, and any suggestion on good hotels where joiners wonтАЩt be an issue? Thanks!

I've been staying at the Tarntawan for so many years that I more or less automatically return every time. There are undoubtedly better options, but it is convenient and bringing a boy back is more or less expected and they do hold ID's of boys who "visit" and call you when they leave before returning the ID. Staff are very friendly and I am known , not that that gets me more than a few smiles of recognition (or grimaces?).

I have stayed at Centre Point Silom, Dusit Thani, Tawana Ramada (now Tawana Whatever), Shangri La and the Crowne Plaza (now Holiday Inn, I think). Generally checked in with my friend, but brought back a guest on some occasions. The Crowne Plaza charged something ... can't recall how much ... but no problems at any of the hotels. It is Bangkok afterall.

September 13th, 2009, 14:48
Well, it seems like the Pan Pacific is full. Tarntawan seems to be available, as does the Dusit. And the Dusit is asking for 2,500 THB, which seems to be a great rate.

I'll also look at the Marriott as was suggested... Thanks!

Beachlover
September 13th, 2009, 18:20
I know! ItтАЩs a travestyтАж And 15 years ago, I didnтАЩt even partake! Would the typical DJ station pickup be for a charge? Not that I mind - just making sure I know the score beforehand.

Yep, work is paying. And last time around they paid for the Meridien тАУ which is a great hotel in so many ways. But I suspect joiners might be an issue there, so IтАЩm looking at other options. I read mixed input about the Dusit тАУ but thanks for the Pan Pacific suggestionтАж IтАЩll definitely look into that!

Never been charged at DJ Station but then I am a similar age to most of the boys there and good looking. I usually try to feed them some breakfast and offer some help with a taxi fare home though (they won't always accept). If there are a group of friends, I will usually shout them dinner at one of the Thai eateries nearby because it's a nice thing to do.

Silom Farang at www.gayboythailand.com (http://www.gayboythailand.com) says the boys will ask for money from older and less han-sam guys... they are opportunists.

x in pattaya
September 13th, 2009, 20:26
Well, it seems like the Pan Pacific is full. Tarntawan seems to be available, as does the Dusit. And the Dusit is asking for 2,500 THB, which seems to be a great rate.

I'll also look at the Marriott as was suggested... Thanks!

For under $100 at Dusit you'll get a very pleasant room as long as you aren't claustrophobic (they are truly tiny) and the Marriott charges for internet access, assuming that might be important to you for business.

Beachlover
September 13th, 2009, 20:39
At the Dusit get the Deluxe room or above...

September 15th, 2009, 02:07
Never been charged at DJ Station but then I am a similar age to most of the boys there and good looking.тАжSilom Farang at http://www.gayboythailand.com says the boys will ask for money from older and less han-sam guys... they are opportunists.
So I suppose it basically comes down to making things worth their while. They either get to hang out/have sex with someone they find attractive for free, or do the same with someone they don't quite fancy for a fee. Fair enough.

I suppose I will have to at least check out DJ Station now... Thanks!

At the Dusit get the Deluxe room or above...
Thanks for the tip! IтАЩll keep that in mind if I end up at the Dusit. Still undecided if I should so the luxury thing (Dusit, Meridien, etc) or just go and get the full BKK experience with something like Tarntawan!

Oh - and any recommendations on where to get a good serious massage? It doesn't need to be a gay or even an all-male place. Though I would want a male therapist.

Beachlover
September 15th, 2009, 04:19
DJ Station opens around 10:30 or 11pm (I think). The show starts at 11:30 and the music/dancing starts around midnight... so go at 11:30 if you want to watch the show (worthwhile) or 12 if you don't.

For a really good massage try:

- Paradis Massage: Right outside DJ Station in Soi 2, open until midnight. Lots of cute boys here. They always give a very good massage and know what they're doing.

- Aspara (5-6 shops down) is also quite good.

September 17th, 2009, 11:11
DJ Station opens around 10:30 or 11pm (I think). The show starts at 11:30 and the music/dancing starts around midnight... so go at 11:30 if you want to watch the show (worthwhile) or 12 if you don't.

For a really good massage try:

- Paradis Massage: Right outside DJ Station in Soi 2, open until midnight. Lots of cute boys here. They always give a very good massage and know what they're doing.

- Aspara (5-6 shops down) is also quite good.

Awesome.. Thanks!

September 18th, 2009, 06:01
Pan Pacific full - I DOUBT IT, hon!!!

The DUSIT THANI rooms for under $100.00 are the tired rooms in the annex wing, not in the main building. PLUS breakfast is never included.

Work is paying for your hotel and you are thinking Tantawan or the Rose? What a fool.

Get the most luxurious hotel they will pay for and take your trade to a ST hotel, Darling.

I stayed at the SUKOTHAI, from 02 TO 07 September, as I always stay there, and if your work is paying I suggest there. I have never seen a trashy money boy here and thank GAWD FOR THAT!!!!!

Or if you want closer to Silom, the Sofitel Silom.

In any event, if you are travelling on business do you really want the hotel staff gossiping about your prediliction for offing trade? Have some pride in yourself and do not lose face. Get some class, enjoy your hotel, and take your fuck trade elsewhere Dear.

You can get a ST rooms at MALAYSIA HOTEL annex, which is next door to HONEY GUEST HOUSE, in the same rd as the 7/11 near the MALAYSIA for 300B, and take your trade there.

Beachlover
September 18th, 2009, 19:40
The DUSIT THANI rooms for under $100.00 are the tired rooms in the annex wing, not in the main building. PLUS breakfast is never included.

The Dusit does get desperate ocassionally. I got a deluxe room (main building...high floor... great views) with breakfast included for AUD$130 (approx USD$100). Great breakfast too.... I never needed to eat lunch.

Out of all the hotels in the area, there's usually at least one struggling enough to drop its rates from $200+ to $100+ to fill up empty rooms.... just look on Agoda or Asiarooms.

x in pattaya
September 30th, 2009, 16:13
You could try Marriott Sathorn Vista

Firecat, thanks for the suggestion of the Marriott Executive Apartments on Sathorn. My friend and I spent a few days there. Booked the standard one bedroom suite but we were upgraded to the executive one bedroom. Not sure what the distinction is. Excellent kitchen facilities & appliances including washer & dryer and dishwasher (although room service washed dishes anyway), comfortable living room, big bedroom with the most restful, sleep-inducing bed IтАЩve slept on for some time and nice bathroom with separate shower & bath and enormous towels.

We were treated very well by reception and other staff. One rainy night the traffic had turned to gridlock and the doorman was super apologetic he couldnтАЩt get us a taxi right away. We decided to walk out to South Sathorn and someone in reception shot out to give us two enormous umbrellas to use for the evening. I wasnтАЩt bringing back boys offed from gogo bars (or going anywhere near a gogo bar), though I donтАЩt think that would have been a problem, but both my friend and I were treated with very friendly courtesy by everyone.

On several occasions we walked up to Saladeng Skytrain or subway stations and one time up to Surawong. Not all that far depending on the weather. When we took taxis to various places along Silom or to the Siam Heritage restaurant on Surawong, etc, the fare was usually under B50.

The room rate was B3500, but after adding in taxes and (seethe & mutter :lam: ) Internet, etc., it came to about B4500 per night. My only complaint was that you had to pay for Internet access. They wanted B 214 per hour, or more than B600 for 24 hours or around B1000 for a week! The service was no better than what I pay B500 a month for in Pattaya. They should just add a few baht to everyoneтАЩs room rate and give the Internet for тАЬfree.тАЭ We also got hit with a few hundred baht for the mini-bar although the only thing we used was some water and those little packets of coffee, tea, sugar, which we asumed were free. I should have asked, but didnтАЩt bother.

For a little extra money they are miles ahead of my old haunt, the Tarntawan. Again тАж thanks. I am now a convert.

P.S. As an additional thought, has anyone eaten at the restaurant directly across from the Marriott? I think itтАЩs called Baan Khanitha. It looks expensive and a bit formal from the outside. ThereтАЩs nothing wrong with expensive, but it generally implies horrible foodтАж or maybe thereтАЩs some place else in that neighborhood that someone could recommend?

We like the Siam Heritage on Surawong. It has the ambience of a carwash, the overly loud music they play could only appeal to Pat Boone or Rosemary Clooney and the service is a little erratic, but the food is usually quite good for Bangkok. WeтАЩve also found a few decent restaurants off Sukhumvit, one I think on Soi 9 or thereabouts that looks like a Skid Row thrift shop but serves excellent food, but something closer to the Marriott would also be nice to know about for future reference.

Generally I think itтАЩs easier to find great food in Pattaya тАж away from the touristy places тАж than in Bangkok.

firecat69
September 30th, 2009, 17:46
Glad you liked the Marriott. A tip in the future if you know your dates in advance of 30 days and pay upfront, you usually will get a very nice discount.

I agree the internet is expensive but has something to do with International Marriott signing up all their hotels.

I did not eat at the Thai restaurant but my friend said it was very good and not expensive. That is the one directly across Soi 3 not the real fancy one a few doors down on Sathorn. That one he said sucked and was expensive.

Becconcino on Soi Convent is an excellent Italian restaurant. Zanottis's on Soi Saladaeng about 3/4 of the way to Silom is a fabulous Italian restaurant with wonderful food and service. ( not cheap). There is also an english Pub and Mexican restaurant on Soi Convent.

x in pattaya
September 30th, 2009, 17:51
Glad you liked the Marriott. A tip in the future if you know your dates in advance of 30 days and pay upfront, you usually will get a very nice discount.

Good to know. Do you book through the Marriott's own website or use one of the other services like Asiarooms or Agoda to get the discount 30 days in advance?

firecat69
September 30th, 2009, 19:45
In my experience Marriott always has the best rate. Also they usually have an executive rate that includes internet and breakfast.

x in pattaya
October 1st, 2009, 10:02
... real fancy one a few doors down on Sathorn. That one he said sucked and was expensive.

The Blue Elephant ??

Beachlover
October 1st, 2009, 13:51
That one he said sucked and was expensive.

LOL... sounds like a hooker

firecat69
October 1st, 2009, 15:03
No

Blue Elephant is a long way down the road past Surasak BTS

October 1st, 2009, 15:21
That one he said sucked and was expensive.

LOL... sounds like a hooker

"didn't suck and was expensive" sounds more par the course for Thai barboys.

Beachlover
October 1st, 2009, 19:16
Hahaha... maybe true.

Plenty of Thai boys love to suck though.

January 9th, 2010, 21:55
This covers three trips I made to Bangkok since September - all of which were for business, but were much more pleasurable thanks to a lot of the input from many of you!

Massage
Adonis: Vast selection of boys, definitely someone to meet everyoneтАЩs requirements. I picked one boy at random from the impressive line-up, for some reason totally ignoring the mamasanтАЩs suggestions. He was not really my type, but I took a chance and wow did it pay off! He turned out to be awesome and was willing to do everything тАУ of his own initiative. Definitely the best experience I have had with a massage boy. Ever. So much so, that I had to go back two nights later, for the same boy, before taking an early morning flight out..

Allbury: Also had a large selection of boys (and one of the most helpful mamasans I have encountered). It is an impressive facility from the outside and the good looking downstairs is deceptive, since the rooms are tiny, the very low tables extremely small and narrow (basically walls touching three of the four sides) and the common shower area almost dilapidated. The boy I picked did a good job though, and I had to turn him down on a couple of his requests!

Bonny or was it Bangkok: It was late, I was in the mood and I was right there. I thought тАЬpourquoi pas?тАЭ And asked for a 4-hander. Wow what a fiasco! The showers didnтАЩt work, and I had to go up and down a couple of times. One boy appeared to have been there a while, it seemed it was possibly the other boyтАЩs first time doing a тАЬmassageтАЭ. They finished the sclub in about 10 minutes - and I use the term sclub very loosely, because the stuff was basically splattered on me and boy #2 just sat there doing something to my toes the entire time. Then they wanted to jump straight into the happy ending. I was annoyed enough to hand then 200 baht and walk out of there.

K-Why: Again, it was late, I was in the mood, so I chanced it. What a disaster. Within 15 minutes of entering, I was walking out! One canтАЩt always be lucky, right?

Senso:
Good facility, with a decent selection of boys and not-too-bad services.

Urban Male:
Overall most satisfying experience: the place is top-notch, the boys above-average and eager to please. I went twice to Urban Male, the second time in the hope that the boy from the first time would be around. He wasnтАЩt тАУ I should have called ahead тАУ but the second boy did almost as much a satisfactory job. Overall service is slightly over average, but then I put as much emphasis on the facility as on the service, so I was one happy repeat customer.

GoGo Bars
Tawan: Enough has been written about this place, so I suppose my only addition would be that its worth checking the place out, because they have some seriously beef (and sausage) going on there! Both times I was there, they had the full live sex show and the chuckwow thing going on.

Jupiter: The Jupiter boys collectively are most definitely more my type than any of the other gogo places. They seem to have a little more diversity too. I swear a couple of the boys looked Chinese, Malay and even Indian тАУ but maybe it was my eyes deceiving me. Best show of the gogo places too, and packed to the rafters. The boys did seem to be more of the hands-off type in the bar, and I suspect they might be the non-reciprocal type if offed.

All of the Soi Twilight bars:
Not my scene at all. IтАЩm into the decently-built, 25 years + type, and each one of these bars seem to be filled with pre-pubescents. I did venture into three different bars over the trips, though I couldnтАЩt say which ones because they all seem to be very similar.

Other
Apsara: Someone here suggested this place to get an actual massage. I told the receptionist that I wanted a male who could deliver the strongest massage possible, and Apsara did not disappoint.

DJ Station: I must say, the show they put on is something else. Seriously impressive stuff. Plus I found an adorable Swiss guy in his mid-20s to take back to the hotel and to тАЬhang outтАЭ with for the next couple of days, and I was a very happy man indeed!

Up2: I had nothing much to do in the early afternoon one day, so I went over to Up2 to get a pedicure and a body hair groom/shave/wax deal. The guy who runs the place was great, did a very good job and IтАЩll definitely be going back. It seems though the place is usually devoid of customers, so letтАЩs see how long it will last. Hopefully, things have picked up and theyтАЩre doing fine.

Hotel: Work was paying, so I ended up staying at the Meridien each time, since itтАЩs pretty close to business and is a very nice property. DidnтАЩt get a chance to see if they have a joiners policy, since I didnтАЩt off anyone or bring anyone back. Except for the Swiss mentioned above, but he wasnтАЩt going to raise any eyebrows anyway.

TrongpaiExpat
January 9th, 2010, 22:18
Catontic:
Very nice report but not sure why you tacked it on an old thread. You could have started a new one.

You should give Hero a try if you like Jupter2000 type boys and the mamasans are generally accurate and upfront on the boys. Rooms not much different from Albury. I can't figure either of these places out, always a promise of renovations and then nothing. They do a good business with locals and get too busy on weekends. A lot of hotels up country do the same, seem to put all the money into the lobby and entrance and neglect the rooms.

All the soi Twilight massage venues are very catch and miss with more misses and scams than hits.

Up to Beauty salon is the spin off from Cutney and does a good business with locals so weekends and after 5pm after work things are busy. They have a coupon stamp system and give free touch ups so it works out well for those living in Bangkok and they told me they even have a few customers that come all the way from Pattaya on a regular basis.

January 17th, 2010, 01:54
Very nice report but not sure why you tacked it on an old thread. You could have started a new one.
Thanks! I started this thread a while ago asking people for their input, so thought it best to do the follow-up report here too.

You should give Hero a try if you like Jupter2000 type boys and the mamasans are generally accurate and upfront on the boys. Rooms not much different from Albury. I can't figure either of these places out, always a promise of renovations and then nothing. They do a good business with locals and get too busy on weekends.
Hero's next on my list whenever I make it back to Bangkok (that might be in a couple of weeks).

sweetlover88
June 7th, 2013, 01:41
I'm living in Pan Pacific and from what i know they do have available rooms...

Beachlover
June 7th, 2013, 11:34
I believe the Pan Pacific Hotel in Silom was taken over by Crowne...

lonelywombat
June 7th, 2013, 11:37
This thread is 3 years old. Why has it been restarted again?